S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Hello traders... This is my todays screen. Little profit but its friday so im over and starting to enjoy the weekedn. 08-10-2012 - echeck's library

If you want more about my trading follow me on twitter (@tomaspavlicek). Im fulltime pro trader. Intraday NQ, ES, YM and TF.

Happy trading ;)

How have you picked that up?

Yes - need to know how you have acquired squits......

No idea - we went to eat seafood yesterday evening but there were 15 of us & I'm the only one who is sick.

I am also the only one that had Leffe last night.

I am also the only one who got given some meds to take. They told me the main pill (cox-2 inhibitor) was a tad strong and so I had to take another pill 30 mins before to ensure it didn't upset my stomach.

So I had the first pill before breakfast and the second pill after dinner..... :rolleyes:

I'm shipwrecked in the hotel with a major case of diarrhea...

Not trading - just thought you'd all like to know the world is falling out of my bottom.

Where did you say you were? Stay away from mayonaise, for sure, although good restaurants are very careful of that, these days. My wife makes just enough, each day, and chucks it out afterwards. Salads are a risk because it all has to be washed well.

So much for fresh food. Take an opener and have a can of Campbells is the best!

Hotel holidays in the summer are a pain in the ****. :D

I had a fishcake in Brighton,once, if that makes you happier. I won't go into the details but it was such a little thing :cry:

Why you on cox-2 drugs? I thought you'd done a colonic a while back and all your innards are clean and sparkling?

Where did you say you were? Stay away from mayonaise, for sure, although good restaurants are very careful of that, these days. My wife makes just enough, each day, and chucks it out afterwards. Salads are a risk because it all has to be washed well.

So much for fresh food. Take an opener and have a can of Campbells is the best!

Hotel holidays in the summer are a pain in the ****. :D

I had a fishcake in Brighton,once, if that makes you happier. I won't go into the details but it was such a little thing :cry:

I'm currently residing at the Marriot in Pattaya, although I live in Bangkok.

I can't remember the last time I ate Mayonnaise. I eat mostly Thai food, laden with 'rat **** chillis', I eat Ants egss, I eat pigs intestine, I eat frog, crocodile, fermented fish. I take ice in my drinks, I brush my teeth with the tap water. I drink the tap water. I eat food cooked in the street too.

I went through a period of getting sick when I got here but it's pretty rare now. What they say about "what doesn't kill you" is spot on in my opinion.

Why you on cox-2 drugs? I thought you'd done a colonic a while back and all your innards are clean and sparkling?

Dunno - went on a 90 min bike ride Monday night, woke up with shoulder pain on Tuesday and couldn't move my arm by Wednesday.

So the doc gave me drugs & booked me in for an MRI next week.

Getting old is so much fun...

For those that don't know their history.... "having a fishcake in Brighton" was a term used by the homosexual community in the mid 70's.

Brighton hasn't changed a bit, I see.

I appreciate you skipping the details, Split.

For those that don't know their history.... "having a fishcake in Brighton" was a term used by the homosexual community in the mid 70's.

Brighton hasn't changed a bit, I see.

I appreciate you skipping the details, Split.

I seem to have dropped a clanger. :LOL:

Much worse than Cameron's LOL!

I hope that no one tells Murdoch.

Anybody ever trade VIX? Surely as soon as volume returns then volatility will increase as well. Just a thought I had this morning but never looked at VIX properly before.

Mon Aug 13

12:50am JPY Prelim GDP q/q 0.3% 0.6% 1.2%
12:50am JPY Prelim GDP Price Index y/y -1.1% -0.8% -1.3%
7:00am EUR German WPI m/m 0.3% 0.0% -1.1%
11:45pm NZD Core Retail Sales q/q 1.0% -2.5%
11:45pm NZD Retail Sales q/q 0.7% -1.5%

13th August, 2012

No news, Asia, Europe flat.

Last week was a tad narrow.
Still have 1413.25 overhead to get through.

Last weeks high of 1403.25 will be of interest but I doubt it'll provide significant resistance.

8-13-20126-15-07AM.png

We do have a potential balance area based on the last 4 days action but it's a bit of a stretch. Basically a "wait & see day"

Shorts - 1413.25, 1403.25, ONH, 1402.25-1402.75 - Friday Close & High, the Open
Longs - ONL, 1392, 1383, 1377.50

Note - the open will only be a potential short IF we stay open up below Fridays close.

nothing here - sort of lulled asleep - just missed the bounce off the ONL 'cause I was semi-comatose....

Fairly bored and ready to pack up but saw 4000+ contracts go through @ 1396, figured it was showing signs of reversing up and took a shot at a long.

Got long 96.25 but then saw just as many contracts go through @ the offer. A such, this one is now a bit of a coin toss.

8-13-201211-40-46AM.png

I'll let it run - but I'm not expecting great things.