E-mini S&P 500

I trade 5 contracts and i increase this by one contract every profitable week (Thats the plan).

Cheers

I use divergences and short daily trend(5/10/15/30 minutes charts). for the divergences I use stochastic and price action. initiate a position on either pullbacks and continuation of trend. what's your story?

currently I am trading one contract.

Apologies, you have misunderstood me. I meant 6pm - 9pm (1pm - 4pm) EST. What I am asaying is that I am lacking a definite strategy and am looking for ideas that I can test.

Scott

6 - 9 GMT probably isn't the best time to trade the E-mini S&P 500 markets; that time lacks any significant US news in terms of economic indicators and also it avoids all stock earnings announcements and other regulatory information.
If you are trading that session, it would probably be best to trade markets that are being focused on; the DAX, the FTSE - Then you can incorporate whats going on in the news and stock events into your trading and be trading markets during there liquid times... It seems pointless to me to trade the US markets while the US is sleeping, when you can be trading the UK markets.

Although, the way the ESZ9 moves during them hours i suppose could be taken advantage of, in the way that it tiers its movements and generally just fluctuates slowly, may be good for trading ranges and reversion to the mean.... Also when the UK market is awake, it becomes a bit more volatile and directional - Without the usual faking associated with the normal trading hours in the US. So during the 6am-7am session range plays may work and then directional breakouts after that.

What approach are you currently using?

8-10 ticks seems like a massive stop loss for trading them hours. Also you should definately be entering with limits during this time, getting filled @ the bid in such low volatility for shorts will be a big disadvantage.

there are many people that trade eminis for a living... I replaced my income with my trading alone for about 4 months before i got a job offer from the firm that taught me about trading... Granted i was doing concrete work for only 11 bucks an hour... but hey it got me out of there and i have never had to go back... ... ES YM are you just adding contracts if your in the green every week or do you have to hit a target account size?

For Example during those 4 months i was only trading with one contract as... now im only trading 4 contracts sticking to adding 1 per every $3000-3500 growth of trading capital in account

I add a contract every week i am up; As i've said - I am financially backed and have the capital to scale up to, really to as many as i want/can.
This week i've doubled to 10 contracts because i made twice my monthly target.

I feel, for me, that fast acceleration of lot size is the way to go; however can understand others who prefer to take it much slower. Just; If i am making money, and feel confident and know why i'm going to win as i have an edge; Then i may aswell exploit that as much as possible... Hence, i'm really going to try be trading 30-50 contracts as soon as possible, based on performance, confident and ability to maintain performance with the increased pressure of additional lot size.

No reason to take it slow when you have an edge and know why you are going to win.

I use divergences and short daily trend(5/10/15/30 minutes charts). for the divergences I use stochastic and price action. initiate a position on either pullbacks and continuation of trend. what's your story?

currently I am trading one contract.

I'm alot less structured;
I read the order flow and use price levels and market depth levels for entries. I also guage alot of different aspects, including the price action in looking for opportunities whereby my analysis of all the different tools identifies a decent entry;
Although i can only post charts; Most of my setups are much more about reading prices movement and the orders and making decisions off that. I have a bunch of different setups around all these ideas that i execute; But my basic setup is identifying momentum and trying to time the low of a short-lived pullback. But my trading is much more about reading all the different aspects on my screen, the context, studying the context and then given my 'outlook' 'philosophy' look for intellegent ways of playing that context, in line with my beliefs and thoughts about how to win in the market.

Cheers :)

Your trading then; is a belief that as a trend continues, if its showing relative weakness compared to previous momentum; Whereby the current demand has been reduced in comparison to earlier; You percieve that the participants in this trend, due to the decrease in momentum, will start to exit positions and whereby NEW positions in that trend as decreasing .... Thereby you are anticipating a situation where (in a long trend) people take profits, and as shown by the relative strength, less new participants are joining long... Therefore you are profiting from the sell-off, of profitable traders (at first) who have percieved we to be 'running out of steam' and then later; the panic of traders who entered near the highs, as they exit lower = Thus, due to all the different timing of entrances during the UPtrend; We will have different exits as we fall, at different rates and this will produce a pro-longed fall for you to profit from.

Therefore your edge comes in having a decisive entrance when others will be slower to react to the changes in momentum because thats human nature to 'Hold on' and to, rather than exit on a high, exit as we fall - So the fall, is self-fulfilling, therefore your belief must be that the market is inefficient. You take money from reacting to changes in momentum, by using analysis to determine whether the current upmove is as strong as the previous; Therefore giving you information about the current demand situation and then anticipating current participants with long positions reaction to the pullback. This gives you profit from having
A) Analysis which determines variables that are important to existing position holders
B) Acting decisively to this analysis, before others do.

Correct or a load of ****?

One way to improve that would be to look @ the order flow at new highs and see if new traders are entering the market @ the ask.

Last edited:
I'm wide awake because i'm excited for Monday;
You see, i have bought puts on a Russian ETF and on Friday a terrorist attack blew up some trains. Now i found this information out a few hours ago, and i'm actually excited as to what the premium will be for them puts now.

In some ways; I am wondering whether i should feel guilty for feeling great that i will make money due to terroism - But i don't....
I bought a lot of puts you see; Too many i thought at the time considering my normal risk profile. I bought as the index re-tested the highs and then we had a large down day and i considered selling - However, i got caught in the position as i didn't know the NYSE was closing @ 1pm early, therefore i was left with an open position over the weekend that is already holding a nice profit; and i hear this, fantastic news.

I'm making money from terrorism and death.

Can't wait. :D

I have my hopes sooo high; so there is a chance on Monday that my expectations are dismissed and i feel disapointed; but right now; I think i am going to realize on settlement a HUGE gain!

Very excite!

In the back of my mind; I'm imagining a huge gap up and extreme shame as the option expires worthless.
My swing trading has been going so well though; that now this; i cannot believe my luck!

I'm wide awake because i'm excited for Monday;
You see, i have bought puts on a Russian ETF and on Friday a terrorist attack blew up some trains. Now i found this information out a few hours ago, and i'm actually excited as to what the premium will be for them puts now.

In some ways; I am wondering whether i should feel guilty for feeling great that i will make money due to terroism - But i don't....
I bought a lot of puts you see; Too many i thought at the time considering my normal risk profile. I bought as the index re-tested the highs and then we had a large down day and i considered selling - However, i got caught in the position as i didn't know the NYSE was closing @ 1pm early, therefore i was left with an open position over the weekend that is already holding a nice profit; and i hear this, fantastic news.

I'm making money from terrorism and death.

Can't wait. :D

I have my hopes sooo high; so there is a chance on Monday that my expectations are dismissed and i feel disapointed; but right now; I think i am going to realize on settlement a HUGE gain!

Very excite!

In the back of my mind; I'm imagining a huge gap up and extreme shame as the option expires worthless.
My swing trading has been going so well though; that now this; i cannot believe my luck!
options, i've always been curious towards them , but never really got to grips with them. i thought options on forex would work but i think now they are better on stocks.

when you bought those puts, did you consider theta gamma implied volatility and stuff like that? i need to buy a book on them or something to be honest :confused:

I add a contract every week i am up; As i've said - I am financially backed and have the capital to scale up to, really to as many as i want/can.
This week i've doubled to 10 contracts because i made twice my monthly target.

I feel, for me, that fast acceleration of lot size is the way to go; however can understand others who prefer to take it much slower. Just; If i am making money, and feel confident and know why i'm going to win as i have an edge; Then i may aswell exploit that as much as possible... Hence, i'm really going to try be trading 30-50 contracts as soon as possible, based on performance, confident and ability to maintain performance with the increased pressure of additional lot size.

No reason to take it slow when you have an edge and know why you are going to win.

Makes sense i guess... how many points do you average daily/weekly

Correct or a load of ****?

Different sock puppet Gladiator/Halo, but same load of **** as far as I can tell. Still, you seem to have yourself the T2W staff seal of approval on this persona, so carry on by all means. :LOL:

Don (Lightning),

Since you've closed t'other thread. Fair play. Didn't expect that..

Last edited:
Can someone please help me get in touch with ES YM? I didn't realize he was banned, but I need to mail him urgently. Thank you.