S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

So thats another new all time high on the s&p and its only Monday. :whistling

Trump is in South Korea, well in range of a Kim Jong-un Nuclear missile.

Positive for s&p. !

23_-sp500-channel.png

Looks like its going to 2664 soon. :LOL:

Yes, anywhere in between 2634 and 2670, depending on how long it will take it to test the blue ascending trendline.

The entire present move above / outside this channel is a total overshoot and the longs will be crushed.

The correction target on the other hand (sometime in 2019) is below 2000, most probably even below 1950.

I wrote about it in my blog entry, but I was warned by the admin not to post links.

Yes, anywhere in between 2634 and 2670, depending on how long it will take it to test the blue ascending trendline.

The entire present move above / outside this channel is a total overshoot and the longs will be crushed.

Why would a pretty line drawn on your chart mean longs get crushed, it just doesn't make any sense :cool:

Why would a pretty line drawn on your chart mean longs get crushed, it just doesn't make any sense :cool:

They will not get crushed because of pretty lines. A proper question is why has the market gone so far when transmission mechanism fundamentals (the most important ones) have been pointing in the other direction ever since 2015 when the Fed stopped printing. It is true that financial conditions have been lagging Fed decisions and that is probably the most important fundamental reason why the correction has not commenced yet.

Technically, one should never think of TA as a method to discover points where "something" will happen that will change a trend direction. Apart intraday movements, markets are NOT reactive. When technical conditions are met, that is probably a moment when the prior move is completely exhausted and all fundamental reasons have been long realized (i.e. volume investors have already changed their positioning).

As for, why I am using this particular set-up to map the future price action movement and potentially detect turning points, that's just an instantiation of my proprietary method that provides me with statistically desirable results.

@postman:
There are two ways out of a long self inflicted frustration. One is to hide behind pseudo intellectual relativization relying on cynicism and sarcasm which more often than not includes taking it out on other people without any merit whatsoever, and the other is to solve the root problem of your frustration whatever it takes. I personally opted for the latter long time ago.

They will not get crushed because of pretty lines. A proper question is why has the market gone so far when transmission mechanism fundamentals (the most important ones) have been pointing in the other direction ever since 2015 when the Fed stopped printing. It is true that financial conditions have been lagging Fed decisions and that is probably the most important fundamental reason why the correction has not commenced yet.

Technically, one should never think of TA as a method to discover points where "something" will happen that will change a trend direction. Apart intraday movements, markets are NOT reactive. When technical conditions are met, that is probably a moment when the prior move is completely exhausted and all fundamental reasons have been long realized (i.e. volume investors have already changed their positioning).

As for, why I am using this particular set-up to map the future price action movement and potentially detect turning points, that's just an instantiation of my proprietary method that provides me with statistically desirable results.

@postman:
There are two ways out of a long self inflicted frustration. One is to hide behind pseudo intellectual relativization relying on cynicism and sarcasm which more often than not includes taking it out on other people without any merit whatsoever, and the other is to solve the root problem of your frustration whatever it takes. I personally opted for the latter long time ago.

You should enter the competition [emoji23]