S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

I have been in touch with Atilla over the Saturday blurb. I would like to involve you guys a bit more in the thread so we are proposing that the Saturday blurb is done by the weekly Gold medal winner. If by Sunday this seems too much or the winner is too busy either I or Atilla will cover this slot for the week. The week's winner can choose any topic.

What say you guys ?

Shall we do this ?

That's a really good idea! :)

Congratulations to Attila this week with an outstanding forecast. His human intuition obviously beats my number-crunching Nazi box (ve haf rules vich must be obeyed) so I would be very interested to know how long he thinks this amazing S&P 500 ride is going to last? My bet is that it's gonna have to change sometime and there could be a few bob to be made – but as always, getting the timing right is key and getting it wrong could be expensive.

Never a dull moment on the markets – best entertainment I know.:cheesy:

I have been in touch with Atilla over the Saturday blurb. I would like to involve you guys a bit more in the thread so we are proposing that the Saturday blurb is done by the weekly Gold medal winner. If by Sunday this seems too much or the winner is too busy either I or Atilla will cover this slot for the week. The week's winner can choose any topic.

What say you guys ?

Shall we do this ?

Great idea, should make it all the more interesting seeing different bodies take on the podium winners.

Super Mini being an art connoisseur I look forward to the picks. (y)

Here is the league table and we have 4 bodies with 8 points.

WackyPete and SignalCalc have only participated in 5 weekly forecasts, thus hold top two positions.

However, in such tie braking moments, the number of gold medals comes into play and here WackyPete has the edge over SignalCalc with 1 gold medal.

Your's trully is in third place with 2 gold medals but 7 games played.

Finally, SMiniCooper is in fourth place despite winning 7 podium medals with his Nize Black Box but only has 1 gold medal.

Special well done award to WackyPete our old permabear is now table leader having turned into a perma-bull. I'm sure it has something to do with the US presidential elections. Good things come to those who are patient and perservering. (y)

Attachments

• spx_wk7_eow.JPG
    spx_wk7_eow.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
2368 - (y)

Onwards and forwards and upwards...

What could possibly go wrong???

System says up, head says down.

:whistling

S&P close 2351.16

Gold....Atilla
Silver...Pat494
Bronze.Lexcorp

Wow even more record highs.

Back in the 1970s there was an interesting programme on BBC2 about a priest
in France who had suddenly become extremely wealthy. I love buried treasure stories. Apparently while renovating his small church at Rennes Le Chateau he had found a secret compartment in the alter pillar. Inside of which was an ancient parchment.
The writing was deciphered by means of laying out the letters on a chessboard in the order that a knight would take to cover all the squares but only visit each square once.
According to the story in the parchment the local Gaul tribe had grown rich when Rome was sacked by the barbarians. They had subsequently been trapped on top of this mountain and so had buried their loot. Much of which the Romans had plundered from The Temple of Solomon centuries before.
The priest had deciphered the clues and found the treasure with the aid of Poussin's picture of the Shepherds .
Well with a tent and rucksack I rode on my motorcycle a 1,000 miles to this small hilltop village near Carcassonne to have a look. Interestingly he had re-decorated the church in a devilish style. For instance a big mural showed Christ giving his sermon on the Mount but there was a bag of money at his feet. Also the Font was on the back of a devil etc. etc.
I didn't find the treasure hoard but had a good holiday in an area associated with The Templars and mystical groups.

Here's One for ya Pat. To date, it's not been found and the guy who hid it is still alive. So get over there and start hunting !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenn_treasure

I understand that people are expecting a reversal soon but maybe not just yet - 2387 for me pls
The US markets are on holiday today.

Last edited:
I understand that people are expecting a reversal soon but maybe not just yet - 2387 for me pls
The US markets are on holiday today.

Hi Pat,
Do you have any information on the precise date for that please? It would help me considerably if you could let me know. ;)

Fear tends to manifest itself much more quickly than greed, so volatile markets tend to be on the downside. In up markets, volatility tends to gradually decline.
Philip Roth