S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Guys,

Bulls to bears - league table updated with forecasts. VielGeld and 12WBT locked horns and paws with an estimated ATR of 119 ticks.

As it stands with SPX500 @ 2050 bulls have an approx 10 tick head start to claw back.

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Congrats to VielGeld who takes gold this week. :clap:

Lexcorp also gets back on the points saddle with silver.

Pat gets his 9th bronze and as the sweet young lady on the podium - sadly indicates has NEVER got to get any gold medals this year. :cry: Nobody really remembers those who come third - do they!!!! :cry::cry::cry: How bad is that??? Should you choose to accept old beam, your mission is to get at least 1 gold medal this year. You have 5 weeks forecasting remaining. Or it's going to be raspberries for you!!! :p

....................................VielGeld
................LexCorp....................................Pat
winners_podium_prop.jpg

League table here...

I got the prettiest one :clap:

Gold coming up this week

anyone got a spare camel for tar ?

:LOL:

Reactions: tar
yep still further to go it seems.

My extensive exploration of the unknowable leads me to believe that 2077 is possible.

yep still further to go it seems.

My extensive exploration of the unknowable leads me to believe that 2077 is possible.

Is 2077 your golden shot then? :cool:

Can't wait to see where the arrow thuds! :cheesy:

300x-Golden-Shot-Bob-Monkhouse.jpg

Last edited:
Well I feel like a bunch of sour grapes this week. If not for the Japanese, Chinese and the ECB I like to think markets may have taken a breather.

However, as it happens I'm even more worried then before. Talking to my local take aways here down South, they all reporting a slow down. An unusual slow down considering the festive party season is about to begin. They are also dreading bad weather and snow.

Smacks of desperation. :eek:

Spider senses tingling. :whistling

Speaking to another colleague who's suggestion to the debt problem was for everyone to knock off some zeros... :LOL: No bright ideas but more wild and free ones imo.

On a serious note - I feel we have on-going currency wars that'll get worse. We can't all export our way out of this mess.

Re: falling commodity prices I'm not clear if it is excess supply or falling demand. Must be both I reckon. Past observations point to this being positive for equities but not when we have saturated markets with falling demand imo.

In the absence of having any clues on where we are heading, will stick with last weeks forecast and treat it as an anomoly. I suppose if we get more of the same with QE4 I may consider turning bullish.

2023.9 - Old vinyl record player made in 1992 sells for £155,000 at Christies :idea:

ECB president Mario Draghi vows to do whatever it takes to prevent euro decline

By Hugo Duncan

The euro plunged yesterday after the head of the European Central Bank pledged to do whatever it takes to prevent ‘excessively low’ inflation turning into Japanese-style deflation and recession.

ECB president Mario Draghi said the economic situation in the single currency bloc ‘remains difficult’ and warned that ‘a stronger recovery is unlikely in the coming months’. Speaking in Frankfurt, he added: ‘We will do what we must to raise inflation and inflation expectations as fast as possible.’

The comments – which echoed Draghi’s 2012 pledge to do ‘whatever it takes’ to save the euro – fuelled speculation that the ECB is close to launching a full-blown money printing programme that would see it buy the debt of eurozone governments.

The euro fell around 1 per cent against the pound and the dollar.

It came as Chancellor George Osborne voiced fresh concerns about the state of the global economy and warned that the eurozone in particular is a ‘real worry’.

‘There is definitely more concern around about the state of the global economy than there was a few months ago,’ he said.

‘Japan has gone into recession and there are all the geopolitical risks out there.’

The Chancellor’s comments appeared to set the scene for a bleak Autumn Statement next month amid signs the UK economy is slowing.

Figures yesterday showed the Government borrowed £7.7billion last month – down £200million on October last year.

But borrowing in the first seven months of the fiscal year hit £64.1billion – £3.7billion more than in the same period of 2013-14.

ALEX BRUMMER: Economic stability faces a wrecking ball
Back to the days of 1.54 euros to the pound? Banking giant predicts sterling set to soar against euro

It left Osborne struggling to cut the annual deficit by around £12billion as planned having already reduced it from the record £153billion racked up under Labour to £97.5billion last year.

‘It’s no longer a case of whether borrowing will overshoot, but by how much it will overshoot,’ said Martin Beck, senior economic advisor to the EY Item Club.

2023.9 - Old vinyl record player made in 1992 sells for £155,000 at Christies :idea:

I don't believe it, you used 'old' and '1992' in the same sentence. :mad:

WRT Pat and the looming takeaway recession, its the 20 somethings that usualy spend all the money. Having jobs and still living with parents meant high disposable income, now they have no jobs and are still living with parents so no wonder certain areas of the economy, (pubs, takeaways, expensive supermarkets) are feeling the pinch.

As to bailing out economies even further with MOAR stimulus, it is the very definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result!

Sorry should have put this on my Victor Meldrew thread :eek:

A relentless rise to 2081 for me please. :rolleyes:

I don't believe it, you used 'old' and '1992' in the same sentence. :mad:

WRT Pat and the looming takeaway recession, its the 20 somethings that usualy spend all the money. Having jobs and still living with parents meant high disposable income, now they have no jobs and are still living with parents so no wonder certain areas of the economy, (pubs, takeaways, expensive supermarkets) are feeling the pinch.

:

Not much to show yet as far as I can see sploshing huge amounts on the 20 somethings. Anyone with more than a minimum number of braincells would have directed, nay targeted most of that money onto those that know what they are talking about and are willing to use their expertise to start up new ventures.
We love our kids but they have to realize that they don't know much, let alone everything. More noise than results, but with exceptions as is usual.

Still trying to guess what WRT means ? I have a feeling I shall regret asking tho.
:)

The Eurozone is in trouble as usual and won't reform itself into a smooth running state of the art economic area. About the only thing Dave Cam has got right so far imho. About time they got rid of duplicated Parliaments etc. just for starters. What a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Sorry replied to wrong thread... ;)

With Respect To Pat he is much more older than 20 something. Try multiplying that by 3 or higher number.

Sometimes - as in employment, distribution of income is better achieved by over-employment. If one looks at all our productivity increases with technology and convenience, we are all now working 100 times harder and many more hours than ever before despite not needing to. :rolleyes:

Inefficiencies could be a blessing in disguise in distributing income to greater number of people. :cheesy:

We are all pretty well screwed up. Why don't we simply cut a few more jobs and work the remaining half damn site harder to get profits up to pay the few fat cats 500 x more than the cleaner. :)

Let's have another look at the EU and what it really means to us? :idea:

Last edited:
Higher guys :)

We have TwinToWin charging the bulls and 12WBT leading the bears... An estimated 137 ticks in the forecasts. Amazing stuff with all the free and easy money but who's seeing any of it but all those people who already have it.

My twisted opinions mean jack. Must remain professional and objective :cheesy:

Something is not right but I'm sure we'll figure it out sooner or later.

Wishing you all good luck with 5 weeks to go for the end of the year Gaffs lead the points table.

He is the only one with above average forecasts. G8 stuff. :clap::clap::clap:

Forecasts for 28th November...