S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hey guys,

League table updated bulls to bears with an estimated ATR of 117 ticks (2069 & 1952). That is quite a range. On average actual ATR tends to be half that so expecting approx 60 tick range if stats anything to go by...

Samspade is feeling bullish whilst 12WBT wants to hibernate.

Approx 8 weeks to go to end of year. How high can she go???

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Be shocked if we're not 2100 come Christmas. Market is quiet, we've just had a pullback of sorts. Plain sailing now until next year.

Be shocked if we're not 2100 come Christmas. Market is quiet, we've just had a pullback of sorts. Plain sailing now until next year.

I'm not sure. Market is all on hype. Be wary! Very very wary :cheesy:

I'm scared to be honest :cry:

I'm not sure. Market is all on hype. Be wary! Very very wary :cheesy:

I'm scared to be honest :cry:

You are usually pretty upbeat At ?
Don't let the miseries get you down mate
The great advantage of being short term is being able to avoid market pyrotechnics.

2041 pls

Last edited:
You are usually pretty upbeat At ?
Don't let the miseries get you down mate
The great advantage of being short term is being able to avoid market pyrotechnics.

2041 pls

I was upbeat some while back when I saw the lil green shoots and didn't share the doom mongering around Europe. Doing well personally but the omens don't look good at all for 2015. So I'm consolidating. Also considering resigning after xmas. So I think 2015 will be good but market wise I fear we have lot's of luggage to be dealt with.

The V correction after October signals be 'V' ery careful about what's around the corner. Fall in oil prices implies a massive slow down and drop in consumption, imo leading indicator.

Last edited:
Well done to... errrr ME! :) for taking gold this week.
TimeToWin takes silver and Weighted Average gets a look in this week.

........................................................................Atilla
...............................TimeToWin..........................................................Weighted Average

0003563223_10.jpg

I think the weekly trading range has interesting development; since week 41 it has been narrowing. So I'm taking this as level on where punters have agreed at 2040. 2050-80 is a big stretch of imagination for the SPX500 imo. But it is the end of the year and hang-over from excess liquidation hasn't hit us yet. There is always Japan and EU waiting in the wings to carry us forward but still... nagging doubts linger... :(

Actual ATR was 16. Estimated ATR was 117. This forecast variance tells a different story between expectations and what we are seeing in the market place. So something to ponder over the weekend drooling over numbers :)

Link to league table...

Last edited:
ATR narrowing to 16 ticks indicates consolidation - agreement on price/level...

Some may refer to consolidation as exhaustion :idea:

League Table...

Attachments

• SPX500_14Q4wk46.GIF
    SPX500_14Q4wk46.GIF
    173.9 KB · Views: 135
Was a close finish on Friday I thought I'd piped it as my SB has 40.3 before a big red south (I blame on phone and TV) either way great shooting Attilla. This weeks dart has landed on 2054 pls.

I'm guessing a ridiculous push north (2075 ish happy Ukraine)then fall back (Putin joking)...or a grinding refusal to allow any selling to gain momentum.

An advance dart throw on or off the rotating trade tables is not a reliables indicator of past or future performance within any weeks trading!

I'v e nearly clawed back a nasty 20% acct hit I took last month owing to off plan size and style. Stick with it!!!

2023.9 - Virgin space tours become routine with monthly flights... :)

Here is an image showing Running Points Total and Gaffs is leading with Malaguti in second place with Lexcorp in third for end of year results.

Malaguti has embarked on a World tour and is absent with no forecasts.

6 weeks to go. :cool:

Good luck to you all guys... (y)

Attachments

• 2014-Wk-46.GIF
    2014-Wk-46.GIF
    112.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
2051. Sky's the limit.

I think 2015 will be an awesome, interesting year. Perhaps not for the market, but current technologies are becoming really cool.

The further we get from 2008, the better, anyway.

2051. Sky's the limit.

I think 2015 will be an awesome, interesting year. Perhaps not for the market, but current technologies are becoming really cool.

2051. Sky's the limit.

Which technologies did you have in mind mon ami? On the contrary I was beginning to think - seen it before and have enough shirts to last me a life time. Could do with a new space-suit though :cool:

Probably will need to get a new wardrobe for one of those. ;)