S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Here is the forecasts for week 11 guys...

As per usual Bulls to Bears.

Attachments

• S&P500_20130913a.JPG
    S&P500_20130913a.JPG
    284.4 KB · Views: 131
If not I'll stick +10 from last weeks close for him.

3 Weeks' forecasts left. Its going to be riveting... (y)

Hey, thanks! I've got little to no time these days, so I haven't been on much. Appreciated that you still put me up. :cheesy:

I'll be holding that +10 for next week as well, just in case I don't pop in here on time.

Another week of three correct forecasts with lots of losers :(

Dare I say exceptional calls considering the quality of the pack :cheesy:

Well done to the three clever boffins who deserve some cake (y)(y)(y)

..................VielGeld................WhiteWolf..............Gaffs
Raspberry-and-Lime-Muffins-Three-500.jpg

Attachments

• S&P500_20130913b.JPG
    S&P500_20130913b.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 98
well done again to the bloody winners :cheesy:
I'm going to plump for 1708 please

1698 for me please,and well done to the winners you played a blinder this week guys.
I'm never going to catch the front runners at this rate, gaff just keeps pulling them out the bag when you least exspect it. I,m watching you lol.

Yes indeed, well done to last week's winners. Us shorts were well and truly pooped upon from a great height!

1,653 this week for me please Atilla.
Tim.

Hi Pat, I was thinking the weighting should reflect scores coupled with the number of games played.

I was thinking dividing by number of games played should give a better proximation.

What do you think for next year as I had high hopes for the WA index but it has not materialised?

Ok, gunna get all technical:

weekly close on each week added together = 18393.29

divided by number of weeks: 18393.29/ 11.

giving a weekly average and next weeks close at 1672.11 please Atilla :cheesy:

Hi Pat, I was thinking the weighting should reflect scores coupled with the number of games played.

I was thinking dividing by number of games played should give a better proximation.

What do you think for next year as I had high hopes for the WA index but it has not materialised?

Yes - good thinking. I don't know why the WA hasn't performed very well recently. It used to be near the top.

But players with only a few games and who scored well, might skew it a bit too. Maybe set a minimum of say 3 or 4 games to start ?

Perhaps a neural network/Bayesian person can shed a bit of light here too ?

Ok, gunna get all technical:

weekly close on each week added together = 18393.29

divided by number of weeks: 18393.29/ 11.

giving a weekly average and next weeks close at 1672.11 please Atilla :cheesy:

Good :idea:

I think it may be enhanced by having a trailing trend following system by using the last 3/5/7/9/11 weeks see which performs better. The most recent weeks should carry more weight than the 11th effectively.

Good luck (y)