S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Im away from wednesday next week for 3 weeks :cool:
So this one is going to be the last one for a while

1701 for me.

Good luck everyone

(y)

1707 please had enough of thinking it might ever go down

Well when the die hard bears start turning bullish - surely it is a sign of market over-extension :rolleyes:

Having said that, has Timsk ever gone long??? yet???

Well when the die hard bears start turning bullish - surely it is a sign of market over-extension :rolleyes:

Having said that, has Timsk ever gone long??? yet???

One of these days Timsk and Pete are going to admit it's going up.

One of these days Timsk and Pete are going to admit it's going up.
Errrr, I've never denied it's going up Pat, lol!

Within the context of the comp', my strategy of being permanently short makes quite a lot of sense - especially in a rising market when most other competitors are long. The reason being that when the corrections come - as they inevitably do - I can be wildly inaccurate in my prediction - but still take gold on account of being the only person that's short. Whereas, as last week's results illustrated, it comes down to just a point or two here or there to decide who gets a podium position and who loses out completely.

The downside to my strategy is that I lose out on points for getting the basic direction wrong. My gamble is that over the whole year, I can pick up enough gold's to compensate for that, or, I'll pick up points if the uptrend reverses. So, I will remain short throughout the whole year, regardless of what the market does. Needless to say, (in case any of you were starting to worry!!!), there is absolutely no correlation between my tactics here and those deployed in my day to day trading.
:LOL:

So Atilla, you'll have gathered by now that I've never been long the market since joining the comp'. On which note, 1,655 for me this week please.
Tim.

Errrr, I've never denied it's going up Pat, lol!

Within the context of the comp', my strategy of being permanently short makes quite a lot of sense - especially in a rising market when most other competitors are long. The reason being that when the corrections come - as they inevitably do - I can be wildly inaccurate in my prediction - but still take gold on account of being the only person that's short. Whereas, as last week's results illustrated, it comes down to just a point or two here or there to decide who gets a podium position and who loses out completely.

The downside to my strategy is that I lose out on points for getting the basic direction wrong. My gamble is that over the whole year, I can pick up enough gold's to compensate for that, or, I'll pick up points if the uptrend reverses. So, I will remain short throughout the whole year, regardless of what the market does. Needless to say, (in case any of you were starting to worry!!!), there is absolutely no correlation between my tactics here and those deployed in my day to day trading.
:LOL:

So Atilla, you'll have gathered by now that I've never been long the market since joining the comp'. On which note, 1,655 for me this week please.
Tim.

You have dispelled the mystery and I must confess it has a certain charming probability of it being a system of some sorts. A rare breed. (y)

Timsk and I share the exact same strategy for the comp here. I have also never been long for my predictions ans not surprisingly it has done me very well over the course of the competition so far. So few traders bet short so when it happens there's a greater chance of getting a podium and 3 or 4 points. :) It really has nothing to do with whether the market will go down but rather how to get the most points when it does.

Peter