S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Anyone had trouble with I explorer ?

Mine suddenly seems to have committed suicide and disappeareared. I was wondering why my machine was working flat out on something. Even restore items have gone. But Firefox still works.

Anyone had trouble with I explorer ?

Mine suddenly seems to have committed suicide and disappeareared. I was wondering why my machine was working flat out on something. Even restore items have gone. But Firefox still works.

Try this Pat...

1. START Button / RUN / IEXPLORE

Alternatively,

2. Right click on any of the blue bit your Windows/STATUS BAR (this is the blue strip where your start button is located. But not the start button - a blue unused bit of the status bar)

Select windows TASK MANAGER

From command bar line select FILE / NEW TASK (Run)

Type in IEXPLORE and press RETURN

You should see it hopefully pop-up.

Also check PROCESSES tab to see if you can see IEXPLORE as one of your running processes/applications :idea:

Last edited:
Try this Pat...

1. START Button / RUN / IEXPLORE

Alternatively,

2. Right click on any of the blue bit your Windows/STATUS BAR (this is the blue strip where your start button is located. But not the start button - a blue unused bit of the status bar)

Select windows TASK MANAGER

From command bar line select FILE / NEW TASK (Run)

Type in IEXPLORE and press RETURN

You should see it hopefully pop-up.

Also check PROCESSES tab to see if you can see IEXPLORE as one of your running processes/applications :idea:

Thanks for your help. I think I will stay with Firefox for a while. Someone said there are less annoying pop-ups etc.

youtube it pat. thats what i do.there are some clever geeks on there that will show you what to do to recover it.go see.

Don't write me off just yet At. The fat lady hasn't finished her song.
To participate is more important than winning imho.

You need to tell her to get off her derriere rapidement mon ami :cheesy:

4866936155_cfbc06cb2d_m.jpg

I'm sticking with my 1670.

There is no bounds to Republican red-neck stubborn stupidity imo. They'll cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Hi Guys,

Here is the forecasts for QTR4-week2. Bulls to bears. Gaff our regular member included. What's a few hours among friends eh?

Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trading (y)

Addenda: I'm winning gold at the mo. My moment of fame - :cheesy:

Attachments

• S&P500-20131011.JPG
    S&P500-20131011.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 190
Samspade has stormed into the lead once again with his forecast 0.6 of a tick away from Friday's close. A remarkable feat of forecasting. Well done Samspade79 (y):clap:(y)

Malaguti and Weighted Average taking second and third positions this week. (y)(y)

There is now just 11 weeks left of 2013. Assuming I get 11 golds even I can win this year, so everything to play for... :cheesy:

.........................Malaguti.......................................Samspade79.................................Weighted Average
marvel-super-hero-squad-3-pack-jpg.JPG

Well interesting times with on going developments in the US with the big G shutdown. I was wondering if the Senators continue getting paid whilst government is shutdown?

Attachments

• SP-20131011b.JPG
    SP-20131011b.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
NEW YORK, Oct (KOSDAQ: 039200.KQ - news) 10 (Reuters) - Major U.S. stock indexes posted their strongest rally in more than nine months on Thursday after signs of progress in negotiations to raise the U.S. debt limit.

The market rally left the S&P 500 less than 2 percent away from its record closing high set three weeks ago, with traders now focused on an earnings season that begins in earnest on Friday with results from top banks JPMorgan and Wells Fargo (Other OTC: WFCNO - news) .

However, more than two hours after the close of regular trading, equity futures contracts dipped on reports that President Barack Obama rejected a Republican plan to extend the debt ceiling by several weeks because it did not also end the partial government shutdown.

"The activity in multiple asset classes will be very sensitive for the next few days. We are watching this very closely like everyone else. Some people have been going into cash. I wish we were all focusing on matters of economics and earnings, but we are unfortunately trading on this soap opera," said Michael Cuggino, president and portfolio manager at Permanent Portfolio Funds.

House Republican leaders acted to break a logjam in negotiations by proposing a bill to raise the federal government's debt limit without attachments. The move was a significant shift for Republicans, who had tried to use the must-pass legislation to extract concessions from Democrats on spending and gutting the new healthcare law known as Obamacare.

Their proposal, which they planned to present to President Obama at the White House, would postpone the threat of a U.S. default from Oct. 17 until the middle or end of November. The federal government would remain in a partial shutdown.

"What this is, is opening the door to discussion and negotiation when before we had two sides just finger pointing," said Peter Jankovskis, co-chief investment officer at OakBrook Investments LLC in Lisle, Illinois.

"We don't know if in six weeks we'll be in the same place, but at least this opens the possibility" of a lasting deal, he said.

In after-hours trading, S&P 500 E-mini index futures fell about 12 points after The New York Times reported on Obama's opposition to the Republican plan.

However, futures quickly pared those losses on news that Obama had neither accepted nor rejected the GOP proposal, and that talks were continuing. The E-minis were trading at 1682.25, down 2.75 points from the close at 4:15 pm ET (2015 GMT).

The CBOE Volatility index, often used to measure the level of investor anxiety, plunged 15.9 percent to 16.48, near the level it was at in late September, prior to the U.S. government shutdown.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 323.09 points or 2.18 percent, to 15,126.07, the S&P 500 gained 36.16 points or 2.18 percent, to 1,692.56 and the Nasdaq Composite added 82.971 points or 2.26 percent, to 3,760.747.

The S&P posted its largest daily percentage gain since Jan. 2, when yet another market pullback was reversed after politicians reached an agreement regarding the so-called fiscal cliff.

In one of the few economic indicators that continues to be published amid the federal government partial shutdown, data showed the number of Americans filing new claims for jobless aid touched a six-month high last week. A computer-related backlog of claims was processed and the partial government shutdown hit some non-federal workers.

This year's high-flying tech stocks rebounded after several days of declines. Facebook (NasdaqGS: FB - news) was up 4.9 percent to $49.05, Best Buy gained 7.5 percent and Netflix (NasdaqGS: NFLX - news) rose 5.4 percent. Among the year's best performers on the S&P 500, the stocks were the top drags in the market's recent decline.

Citrix Systems Inc (NasdaqGS: CTXS - news) shares were off 11.9 percent to $58.75 after the cloud-computing software maker estimated quarterly results below analysts' expectations because businesses had delayed contracts.

About 98 percent of the S&P 500 components posted gains. On the NYSE, more than six issues rose for every one that fell and on Nasdaq winners outnumbered losers by a ratio of 5.3 to 1.

Well interesting times with on going developments in the US with the big G shutdown. I was wondering if the Senators continue getting paid whilst government is shutdown?

Yes they do, and the arrogance of some of them is unbelievably astounding. Most of them do not give a direct answer when asked by media whether they are getting paid or having their pay delayed until the shutdown is settled. At least a handful have stuck their middle finger up at the rest of us and said they need their pay to support their families. WTF? Don't those who were furloughed need their pay too? What about small business struggling to survive now that 800,000 Americans are temporarily out of work because of this.

F\/cking political b@stards all ought to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Sorry, end rant.

Peter

Yes they do, and the arrogance of some of them is unbelievably astounding. Most of them do not give a direct answer when asked by media whether they are getting paid or having their pay delayed until the shutdown is settled. At least a handful have stuck their middle finger up at the rest of us and said they need their pay to support their families. WTF? Don't those who were furloughed need their pay too? What about small business struggling to survive now that 800,000 Americans are temporarily out of work because of this.

Sorry, end rant.

Peter

I can sympathise with your frustrations. The knock-on effects may be huge around the world too while the 2 clowns bicker. I expect they will cobble togethor some fudged compromise for a few months. Their incentives ( bribes ) to settle may have to be a bit bigger still. Forget the humanistic reasons of hardship, they only get in the way of the greedy.
Could the laid off workers sue the 2 idiots for lost wages ?

Sorry, end rant.

Peter

Hear you and agree.

Same ol churn and grind of government and politics.

Spend too much - earn little.

Cut back on expenditure - raise taxation.

Simple choice imo. The issue about getting people to work, managing the economy and thus raising tax revenue etc etc is all political hogwash of better managing the economy. When ever any politician says the other side is badly managing the economy and they'll do better, I have to snigger and cough HS.

For me senators earning monies is equivalent to trade unions calling for a strike action whilst being paid salaries out of tax payer funds whilst everyone else suffers stoppage in services.

But as always one set of rules for the big cheese and another for people lower down the food chain.

On a positive - I'm now wondering for how long will government have to stop before all debt is paid back?

Perhaps people may form their own mechanism for opening up some of these tourist attractions and taking payments for services provided - a little like cooperatives and sack mr big G altogether. No doubt they'll be smaller and more efficient, focused and dedicated.

There could well be a silver lining in all of this if it goes really really wrong.

As for impact on rest of the World - well it begs the question if the rest of the World cares so much why they don't stump up the cash to write off US debt?

We live in very interesting times... :whistling

Hear you and agree.

As for impact on rest of the World - well it begs the question if the rest of the World cares so much why they don't stump up the cash to write off US debt?

We live in very interesting times... :whistling

There just isn't enough ready money in the rest of the world to pay off the US's huge debts. And really why should we ? Were they acting in anyone else's interests ? No.
Quite what they thought they were achieving is anyone's guess. Not much gain in world peace or anything else as far as I can see for all those trillions.

I hope Pete will excuse my analogy of the US to a dinasaur - big muscles and a tiny brain. All that greed etc. for nothing. I expect they will blame their reluctant allies. Poodle Britain was sold out by Blair.

There just isn't enough ready money in the rest of the world to pay off the US's huge debts. And really why should we ? Were they acting in anyone else's interests ? No.
Quite what they thought they were achieving is anyone's guess. Not much gain in world peace or anything else as far as I can see for all those trillions.

I hope Pete will excuse my analogy of the US to a dinasaur - big muscles and a tiny brain. All that greed etc. for nothing. I expect they will blame their reluctant allies. Poodle Britain was sold out by Blair.

There is another side to this and that is to get out of this mess, if nobody bails out the US then for good many considerable years US will need to maintain a low dollar to be competitive with their exports.

Republicans going for this kind of response will really kill of any kind of competitiveness and ultimately mess up the US economy for many years.

In fact imports in contrast will continue to be cheaper and jobs exported else where. Pain will be felt by the many.

They'll then start bitching about the Chinese having a manipulated currency blah blah blah...

Madness imo. :whistling