S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

I was too late again but I would have gone 1450. So anyone who said up should be in with a good shout.

Hi guys,

This is what the lay of the land looks like with three candidates pending entry.

$$$Dollar$$$
Lightning McQueen
robster970

Interesting observation this week is that Weighted Average is up whilst Mean Average is down...

If Robster and/or Pat can cast their eyes over the averages I'd be grateful. I can't remember if $$$Dollar$$$ doesn't forecast whether his calculations stays in or not???

Will update again when entries received...

Good luck to you all (y)

Just had a look at the weighted average. I wouldn't have mentioned it but it is in fact by my ropey calculations down at 1470.

Attachments

• competition.PNG
    competition.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 164
Just had a look at the weighted average. I wouldn't have mentioned it but it is in fact by my ropey calculations down at 1470.

Yep you're right ol timer :)

Same school boy error Robster pointed out last week. Had to shift forecast column formula from C to D.

Like teaching an old dog new tricks. Howsabout that then :eek::eek: :cheesy:

I was too late again but I would have gone 1450. So anyone who said up should be in with a good shout.

How can we leave you out samspade79??? :)

As you have missed previous two forecasts that can be your handicap for being a naughty boy...

Attachments

• SP-20130118.JPG
    SP-20130118.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Oh, I just noticed my username is missing an "l" on the spreadsheet... not to be "that" nitpicky guy, if you'll pardon me!

Though perhaps I'm better off as VieGeld. Rather than having lots o' money, I can literally have une vie en or, which sounds much more appealing than mere abundance. :p

Oh, I just noticed my username is missing an "l" on the spreadsheet... not to be "that" nitpicky guy, if you'll pardon me!

Though perhaps I'm better off as VieGeld. Rather than having lots o' money, I can literally have une vie en or, which sounds much more appealing than mere abundance. :p

Ooopsy - sorry - fixed... :eek:

It could easily go either way this week but little change overall

Ladies and Gentlemen,

China Diapers takes the podium this week coming in just 0.98 above closing price. An outstanding forecast.

Followed by Gaffs1964 in second place, no less a prediction - just overshooting the close by 1.02.

In third place was VielGeld, desperately managing to hold on to the lead.

So far the bulls are running riot all over the field. How long will the bears have to wait for their picnic? When will they wake up out of their slumber??? Surely, markets are soooo bad they can only get better?

For the downers & tankers - I leave you with one of my favourite songs ;)

(y)

Attachments

• SPX500-2013-01-18b.JPG
    SPX500-2013-01-18b.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 152
Well done, CD. Nearly on the mark. I'm sure a beer or three must help with the accuracy of forecasts. :LOL:

I am also flabbergasted that I remain on top. Must be that beginner's luck, and I'm quickly running out. I'll somehow manage to lose points next week at the rate I'm going, I'm sure.

Still no 15000. What is the SPX waiting for before storming through to 15020? That's what I like to know.

Moving averages heading in the right direction. Making new highs. What next?

My system is telling me up and my brain is telling me in needs a breather. Last time I had this conundrum I lost out by following the system. I'll be pondering over the weekend and hopefully reach a view tomorrow afternoon...:rolleyes::whistle:rolleyes: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Attachments

• spx500-130119-2.png
    spx500-130119-2.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Still no 15000. What is the SPX waiting for before storming through to 15020? That's what I like to know.

Moving averages heading in the right direction. Making new highs. What next?

My system is telling me up and my brain is telling me in needs a breather. Last time I had this conundrum I lost out by following the system. I'll be pondering over the weekend and hopefully reach a view tomorrow afternoon...:rolleyes::whistle:rolleyes: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

when price gets so far above all 3 ma s then it must be time for a breather imho

when price gets so far above all 3 ma s then it must be time for a breather imho
Ooooh, remember what that clever chap Mr. Keynes said Pat: 'The market can remain irrational for longer than . . .'
;)

1,452 for me this week please Atilla.

1479 please Atilla.

Attached is the ten year NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 day MA to give some context to the current market position. Overbought - definitely, but as you can see it stayed that way for many months during other periods in the past 10 years.

Attachments

• sc-13.png
    sc-13.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Neck on the block here, I think it may test the 1500's then tank week after next, So 1498 for me Please Atilla

I reckon the bears need feeding so 1397 pl

oh and that punt on the wt av ? I forgot to put it on ! Phew !!