royal petroleum corp

No promises so far, I was just reading through mining companies and saw their news releases.

You are right though, choosing to take over a company previously involved in a scam is a bit suspicious.

Not much action on this lately, but my husband has recently been approached apparently by Chevron, with a closed offer for his worthless shares on a 20/1 forward split and an up front payment of 5% premium based on the fixed rate of CVX stock. He was badly scammed several years ago with Royal Petroleum, is this another scam? An up front premium of 5% sounds very suspect. Anyone with knowledge or advice please?

Not much action on this lately, but my husband has recently been approached apparently by Chevron, with a closed offer for his worthless shares on a 20/1 forward split and an up front payment of 5% premium based on the fixed rate of CVX stock. He was badly scammed several years ago with Royal Petroleum, is this another scam? An up front premium of 5% sounds very suspect. Anyone with knowledge or advice please?

it does indeed sound a bit suspect and looks to be some scammy advanced fee fraud. can you tell us the communication method from the entity claiming to be chevron? if email can you provide the address? if phone did you record the number?

Yes it's the usual follow up scam, they will try to convince him that he can recover his losses. They will ask for a fee up front, when they receive it they'll disappear. He will be getting plenty more 'offers' like this, he fell for it once so they assume he'll fall for it again.

Have nothing to do with people who call you about investments of any kind, they are thieves out to steal your money.

it does indeed sound a bit suspect and looks to be some scammy advanced fee fraud. can you tell us the communication method from the entity claiming to be chevron? if email can you provide the address? if phone did you record the number?

He is daily bombarded with phone calls and emails offering him the best ever (scam) schemes. The initial approach was probably by phone, followed up by emails with enclosures. The emails came from Computershare plc in London and included links to a Chevron Prospectus for Royal Petroleum Shareholders, a Chevron Call Option Letter of Invitation Offer to RP Shareholders and a 980 Form. To an inexpert eye the docs all look OK (don't they always). If they were offering a deal where the Fixed Rate Premium was deducted in the transction it might seem a bit less dodgy, but to ask for that up front??????.

He is daily bombarded with phone calls and emails offering him the best ever (scam) schemes. The initial approach was probably by phone, followed up by emails with enclosures. The emails came from Computershare plc in London and included links to a Chevron Prospectus for Royal Petroleum Shareholders, a Chevron Call Option Letter of Invitation Offer to RP Shareholders and a 980 Form. To an inexpert eye the docs all look OK (don't they always). If they were offering a deal where the Fixed Rate Premium was deducted in the transction it might seem a bit less dodgy, but to ask for that up front??????.

Have no doubt that every single one of those callers is a thief trying to steal from him. He is now on the 'mugs list' because he has fallen for it once already. They won't stop until they have taken every penny he has.

There is a statistic somewhere that showed that people lose four or five times as much to these follow up scams than they do in the original scam.

So whatever he lost initially expect to lose 4 or 5 times as much in the coming months and years.

computershare looks a very legit entity, though they call themselves Computershare Investor Services PLC and not just Computershare PLC, so it does look like an imposter. can you provide the links to the online docs from the email so we can have a look. and if you were to reply to the emails what was the outgoing address for reply, can we see that as well. this may help others avoid potential bogus entities from scamming them in the future.

in the mean time everything that pboyles has said :D

computershare looks a very legit entity, though they call themselves Computershare Investor Services PLC and not just Computershare PLC, so it does look like an imposter. can you provide the links to the online docs from the email so we can have a look. and if you were to reply to the emails what was the outgoing address for reply, can we see that as well. this may help others avoid potential bogus entities from scamming them in the future.

in the mean time everything that pboyles has said :D

Computershare (the genuine company) acted as registrar for Spiriton Media shares, a well known scam share that was sold by boiler rooms. Therefore you have two possibilities, either the genuine company have somehow been fooled into taking part in this or as LMQ states whoever is e mailing you is an imposter.

There's an easy way to find out, just tell us the e mail address. Then we we can check the domain registration.

Computershare Offices | Computershare United Kingdom

Either way if you send them money you'll lose it so probably the easiest solution is to stop taking these calls and junk their e mails.

Computershare (the genuine company) acted as registrar for Spiriton Media shares, a well known scam share that was sold by boiler rooms. Therefore you have two possibilities, either the genuine company have somehow been fooled into taking part in this or as LMQ states whoever is e mailing you is an imposter.

There's an easy way to find out, just tell us the e mail address. Then we we can check the domain registration.

Computershare Offices | Computershare United Kingdom

Either way if you send them money you'll lose it so probably the easiest solution is to stop taking these calls and junk their e mails.

i didn't know they were involved in spiriton:-0 anyways they also act as registrar for sainsburys J Sainsbury plc / Manage your shares online

if redsocks can get the info i think this will be now very interesting one way or or the other. my money is on bogus entity, but in light they acted for spiriton it's now game on (y)

i didn't know they were involved in spiriton:-0 anyways they also act as registrar for sainsburys J Sainsbury plc / Manage your shares online

if redsocks can get the info i think this will be now very interesting one way or or the other. my money is on bogus entity, but in light they acted for spiriton it's now game on (y)

Not only Spiriton it seems. I don't think the OP meant that Computershare are asking for the money up front though. Also I'm not sure if being the registrar is any more than an admin task. The entity asking for the money is the one doing the scamming.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ity-venture-managements-offer.html#post383473

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/97532-spiriton-media-group-38.html#post1214952

Not only Spiriton it seems. I don't think the OP meant that Computershare are asking for the money up front though. Also I'm not sure if being the registrar is any more than an admin task. The entity asking for the money is the one doing the scamming.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ity-venture-managements-offer.html#post383473

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/97532-spiriton-media-group-38.html#post1214952

good links btw. yes i thought it chevron wanting the advance money.

computershare do indeed act for chevron Investors & Stockholders | Contact Us | Chevron the scammers have at least done a little homework.