RIP Michael Jackson

how about wind your neck in. it's a joke.

the man hardly lived a serious life did he. as for reputation-questionable.

how about wind your own ****ing neck in? go make jokes somewhere else not on a mans rip thread.

do you know the guy? no. so why the fawning over him

fara fawcett died-don't see threads about that.

this was always going to happen.

internet shouting-well done.

i shout in real life to...

and do i need to know the guy to show some respect? your parents must be proud

Both of you are acting like children.

And somewhere up there, he's looking down on the two of you......

And getting a bit excited.

SORRY - just couldn't resist. Puerile I know... ;)

do you know the guy? no. so why the fawning over him

fara fawcett died-don't see threads about that.

this was always going to happen.

internet shouting-well done.

gooseman, genics is right and you are wrong. Start a Michael Jackson joke thread if you feel inclined. Start a Farah-Fawcett thread if you feel there should be one. You don't have to know someone personally to appreciate their art/talent etc, that is a stupid point you made. You are hijacking and derailing this thread now.

some folk are going to lose a lot of money, recall reading this a few months back, quite poignant, anyone shorting AEG?;

AEG Live, which organised the star's programme starting in July, said the company is "still negotiating" with insurers, but insisted it is willing to take on the risk of Jackson falling ill.

Insurance sources told trade magazine Reinsurance that the appetite to cover the risk was low after the schedule was extended from an initial 10 days.

They said concerns existed over the 50-year-old's health and the gruelling seven-month run.

The company is understood to have managed to secure cover for the first 10 dates, worth about £80m, with the additional dates likely to take the policy towards £300m.

Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live, said the company would be willing to self-insure for the shows to go ahead, but he played down health concerns.

"The insurance brokers sent doctors and they spend five hours with him, taking blood tests. He's a vegetarian, he's in great shape. The insurance cover, we are working on that now," he said.

"But we would be prepared to self-insure to make up the dates. It's a risk we're willing to take to bring the King of Pop to his fans."

The insurance deal is being brokered by Robertson Taylor who refused to comment.

Sales of Jackson's greatest hits album, King Of Pop, have also shown a four-fold increase at HMV stores.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...oters-struggle-to-insure-London-concerts.html

very proud actually.

don't know the guy-won't change my life. feel sorry for him but he had plenty of opportnities in life, made good and bad choices.

if you can't take jokes then you need to get out a bit more.

whatever.

why fee the need to air your sycophantic views on a public forum-that's what i don't get.

you want to do something meaningful-give money to an MJ-endorsed charity. or do you want to tell the world how much Jacko means to you.

maybe i'm just a cold-hearted *******

This is how the markets mark the passing of many many famous figures. It's actually pretty impersonal, but you get to the point when it's a kind of pavlovian auto-response thing imho. Superstar dies? My bloomberg lights up like a xmas tree with tasteless jokes.

1986 - "Q. What does Nasa stand for? A. Need Another Seven Astronauts"
1997 - "So Di died, Dodi died, even Dando died. Dido must be sh*tting herself"

Nothing changes Genics.

whatever.

why fee the need to air your sycophantic views on a public forum-that's what i don't get.

you want to do something meaningful-give money to an MJ-endorsed charity. or do you want to tell the world how much Jacko means to you.

maybe i'm just a cold-hearted *******

My last word on the matter. Your opinion on why someone wants to do something on a public forum is irrelevant. If the OP of a thread doesn't want your input then you should at least RESPECT THAT....get it now?

no-it's a public thread.

don't care to argue all day but GJ hits the nail on the head. Something which i always struggle to do.

Plus it's been posted in 'general trading chat', so technically it's spam.

Anyway, I'll stop now too.

Probably.

The CIA and Mousavi must be whipping themselves into a lathered frenzy, mass hysteria now kicks in and MJ is the only global story...:D unlucky...

Anyone given any thought to the children's lives ruined by his abuse?
Would you want him in bed with your children?
Would his singing matter then?
RIP Farrah Fawcett and all the other innocents who have died this day.