Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I was watching but it moved to fast for me. As for Camarilla pivot points, that's beyond
my level of experience at the moment.

I knew nothing about Caramilla Equations untill yesterday after a bit of investigation on the net I found a site that does the maths for you the links below. After doing some back testing using these points I certainly won't be trading without them.

I should add a big thank you to Mikers for putting me on to these.

http://www.mypivots.com/calculators/pivot-point-calculator.aspx

Last edited:
I followed Mikes Advice, and bailed out a bit before 8am for +8, and it seems a good choice this morning. I didn't set up the FTSE chart though, all that is a bit advanced for me yet, but I will look into that.

Looks like the city types just dumped everything they'd bought in this last week, as we are back where we were on Monday, the buggers!:rolleyes:

I took a slightly different approach. Just before 8am when I had to leave the house thought it hadn't made any upward break but I didn't want to make a max loss if it dived at some point. So I set a trailing stop @ 30 distance and 10 travel.

At some point it must have spiked up becasue I took a loss of only -20. With MINT +10 too -10 is better than -30.

Still a dire period for vanilla NT users.

TNT60/60 -10 :-0

MINT +10 (y)

NT -20 :(

M

Thanks for the info, I will check this out before trading again on Monday morning.

That's ok, I've been posting about using support and resistance levels to set targets rather than just going for 50 pips before and these Camarilla pivot points make these levels easier to spot, especially today.

I've just been looking and today would have been a classic example of using Caramiila pivot points. But like Mikers says they can't be relied on 100% of the time, set them up and have a look at what happened today.

I knew nothing about Caramilla Equations untill yesterday after a bit of investigation on the net I found a site that does the maths for you the links below. After doing some back testing using these points I certainly won't be trading without them.

I should add a big thak you to Mikers for putting me on to these.

http://www.mypivots.com/calculators/pivot-point-calculator.aspx

Been looking at this for a week or two- and have done a little testing , I've come to no conclusions yet - I'm attempting to compare the signals this generates to those you can infer from using Fibbs or Bollis . Systems developed for other markets -stocks , bonds, futures ect don't always transfer that well to Forex . I'm staying open minded , and
hopeful that its the best thing since sliced bread but have some nagging doubts.
heres some further info

www.camarillaequation.com

Interestingly INT performed no worse than NT this week. In fact sligtly better.

It took -90 pips the last three trades but made +25 pips on monday, giving it -65 total for the week compared to V-NT @ -93.5 pips (approx)

Come on GF777 fess up to the -60 INT pips last two trades?

M

I read that this thread is going to become 'private' with invited members only, why is that?

I read that this thread is going to become 'private' with invited members only, why is that?

Not quite. This thread will remain, but there's another forum being set up where we can mention things about NT that are deemed commercially secretive, where you have to show you have bought the system. Though it might be a case of closing the stable door once the horse has gone now. :D

Not quite. This thread will remain, but there's another forum being set up where we can mention things about NT that are deemed commercially secretive, where you have to show you have bought the system. Though it might be a case of closing the stable door once the horse has gone now. :D

I see, its just I had the impression that perhaps it was the intention to remove information and results of the product from the public domain.

If the FTSE opens at 0800 why does NT go on till 0830 ? Would have been a small profit rather than -30 loss today

ps: As I've said previously, go back-check the FTSE 100 charts at 8.00am and you'll see what I mean.

Wow it was a buy today?! I was so bearish that have even misread the system to say a 'no trade' and did not bother to check what you guys were posting!

Followed the FTSE chart and almost closed my short on cable when seeing how it started going north at open. Would have made me an unhappy bunny indeed! The good old adage "amateurs make the open" served me well.

Taking Miker's thought further, FTSE should be echoing the NT. "Watch the open" is a good idea though need certain rules to tell when it is genuine or it's amateurs jumping into the professionals' trap.

Mikers, how do you decide this? Do you use pre-open charts?

This morning the cable starting moving south earlier; how usual is this?

Thanks TAP

Just input Thursdays HCL in to the table here. 15011.2, 14914.8, 14925.5 (IG bid), and it calculates these:-

R3 = 14952.01
R2 = 14943.17
R1 = 14934.37
Pivot = 14950.5
S1 = 14916.66
S2 = 14907.83
S3 = 14898.99

Today's opening level on NT was 14960, so if I am doing this correctly, we were already too high for a long trade? Do I have this correct?

If I am correct on this, would today have been a short trade, once the Pivot level was passed, say at 14946, and with a target of S1 being conservative = 30 pips, or a more ambitious one at S3 for +50 odd pips.?

The market level hit 14916 at about 8.22, and has gone way past S3 now.

Last edited:
Thanks TAP

Just input Thursdays HCL in to the table here. 15011.2, 14914.8, 14925.5 (IG bid), and it calculates these:-

R3 = 14952.01
R2 = 14943.17
R1 = 14934.37
Pivot = 14950.5
S1 = 14916.66
S2 = 14907.83
S3 = 14989.99

Today's opening level on NT was 14960, so if I am doing this correctly, we were already too high for a long trade? Do I have this correct?

If I am correct on this, would today have been a short trade, once the Pivot level was passed, say at 14946, and with a target of S1 being conservative = 30 pips, or a more ambitious one at S3 for +50 odd pips.?

The market level hit 14916 at about 8.22, and has gone way past S3 now.

I've played around with the IG Advance charts and came up with this. Anyone with more knowledge and experience of the C-Pivot care to comment? I am not sure about the interpretation.

The blues are the R1,R2 and R3, the magenta is the Pivot and the reds are S1, S2 and S3. The dotted is the usual MA. Also the lines are calc'd on the bid price - as the chart has built in functions for the daily close, high and low, I suspect that its based on the mid price

Attachments

• gbpusd.jpg
    gbpusd.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Yes I think the info on this board has been great for those that missed the chance to buy NET trap when it was first offered. In watching how you all got on I just picked up where you all get your opening levels from, which MA you trend, which time periods you watch, no trade days, days not to trade, when you close, etc and theres other info on other boards such as the mechanical 10 letter sequence discussed yesterday. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but even that has been good in a way as I have been learning more about trading techniques elsewhere such as convergence/divergence and pivot points.

You guys have a really good team going here and I will miss reading your stuff, I was looking forward to joining in once trading. I can see that you feel that you need to protect commercially sensitive material and respect that.

If you really want to protect RHs material you need to delete your previous posts although I can't see the harm in letting a few folk benefit from your experience without giving too much copyrighted material away. Its what the web used to be about, freedom of information, generously given.

What I would to do is to set up advanced charts to send me a TEXT at 6.15 if the 10 letter sequence favours a trade. That way I don't have to wake up on no trade days. :smart:

I now have the code for advanced charts thanks to the generous folk over on http://www.systemsfortraders.com/real-time-trading-rooms/36036-trading-room-forex-net-trap-29.html post 288. Its worth a look at their boards folks if you are in a censoring mood, Even the code gives all the info follk like me need for confirmation of your signal criteria.

BTW Anyone else using VT Trader found that the 10.30 to 5.15am candles were missing this morning? I have attached my chart (IG at the software menders at moment) to show pivot levels and falling xxMA although MACD bullish. Sooooo close to resistance, IF IN DOUBT STAY OUT! Looking at this I think MIKE has given you guys some very good advice about pivots (resistance and support) and there is an excellent link in earlier post where the calculations are actually done for you for the day.

Cheers
Taypot
NT LURKER / GROUPIE

Attachments

• 25thjune.PNG
    25thjune.PNG
    85.6 KB · Views: 336