Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Evening all,

Has anyone got data in regard the the MA value and end result (eg full pip mount, MNT pips only, value in between etc)

I'm working on a strength of trend idea

PM me if you dont want the data public (or post in the private forum)

Cheers
D

Evening all,

Has anyone got data in regard the the MA value and end result (eg full pip mount, MNT pips only, value in between etc)

I'm working on a strength of trend idea

PM me if you dont want the data public (or post in the private forum)

Cheers
D

Yes but for six weeks from 17/5/10 only. Will post in new private forum for all once set up.

M

I thought the same today due to more than 2 i.e. 3 consecutive candles going in the opposite direction ................. but then again what do I know, I'm a newbie.

Hi fellow chapess and welcome,

Believe its the xxMA direction of the candles thats important not the actual candles........but then what do I know, I'm a NTLURKER.... you need to checkthe direction xxMA value, is it up down or flat over the 10 important candles? (you know what they are). (replace xx with RHs number....its secret but you'll find it in your manual or on most of the screenshots posted on this site):)

Cheers Taypot
NT LURKER

Well I wasnt going to mention it, but as you have I will too. For those of you (us) who are trying to prevent 'unauthorised' use of this system there is one screenshot in particular that has been posted which actually has the missing info on it. Its a pain to find as you'd have to trawl back through so many posts. However, there have only been a few screenshots posted so if you know you've posted any on this thread, any chance you could check and delete the guilty chart? I could check back and 'out' the guilty party, however that would only draw attention to the poster.

Many thanks

SC

Theres an easier way...a little paperclip symbol at the top of this page leads to attachments.
T

Have I got these facts right ref the CAM settings. This could be a really good tool for deciding to stay out of the Market on NT weak signal days (especially when close to major limits such as $1.50 etc.

It will also be very interesting to use and monitor about wether to decide to go with MNT, INT or MINT as a secondary or only order.

M

Mark, I think the CAM analysis may prove THE invaluable tool when it comes to deciding whether or not to stay out completely. Removing the -30 days would be more productive than going for small MNT profits, at high risk. Can you back test it with your stored data easily? Taking out some of the -30's would have a dramtic effect, more so than your series of of +10's possibly?

Mark, I think the CAM analysis may prove THE invaluable tool when it comes to deciding whether or not to stay out completely. Removing the -30 days would be more productive than going for small MNT profits, at high risk. Can you back test it with your stored data easily? Taking out some of the -30's would have a dramtic effect, more so than your series of of +10's possibly?

Very true. But also on the flip side this would need to be checked on the +50 days too, as sometimes they come off they back of a weak slighlty uncertain signal so we have to be careful to not enter on a day that maxes out.

IG charts go back to the 8th June and official NT had had 5 x -30 days a nd 1 x +50 day in that period. Interestinlgy us 33S stoppers missed one -30 and banked +19ish on 17th June.

Will report back over the weekend.

M

Good news, GBP broke through 15000 authoritatively this evening, and is currently making its way to 15080 (on IG).

Hopefully this should make next week's NT trades a little more straighforward :)

Interestingly INT performed no worse than NT this week. In fact sligtly better.

It took -90 pips the last three trades but made +25 pips on monday, giving it -65 total for the week compared to V-NT @ -93.5 pips (approx)

Come on GF777 fess up to the -60 INT pips last two trades?

M

Yes INT has lost 90 points in the last 3 trades, but is still +200 points up for June. Pretty good in my opinion.

As the MA spread was only 1 today, I traded MINT and grabbed +10 points anyway. I don't trade INT when the MA spread is only 1.

Good evening Lads AND Ladettes!
When I posted that I was a 'Newbie' what I meant was that I was new to trading full stop and not simply new to 'Net-trap'. The reason I make this post is that I feel myself and other 'Newbies' are going to get left behind. I have sussed out 'Net-trap' (though it seems the moment I subscribe it all goes pear shaped) and even getting to terms with MINT/INT etc but now you are starting to speak in a foreign language; Spikes/Cam analysis/FTSE @8am etc. Do I take it that, with all this foreign language' we as a team are losing faith in 'Net trapping' by the rules. If so would you think it wise for us newbies to bail out or is it possible that we too can pick up what you lot are talking about?..
ps I still very much enjoy this thread but I for one will be sad to leave the lurkers behind though do I understand why we need to.

Hopefully this should make next week's NT trades a little more straighforward :)

It may well test the 1.50 level as support so do not be surprised if it does this.

Paul

When I posted that I was a 'Newbie' what I meant was that I was new to trading full stop and not simply new to 'Net-trap'. The reason I make this post is that I feel myself and other 'Newbies' are going to get left behind. I have sussed out 'Net-trap' (though it seems the moment I subscribe it all goes pear shaped) and even getting to terms with MINT/INT etc but now you are starting to speak in a foreign language; Spikes/Cam analysis/FTSE @8am etc. Do I take it that, with all this foreign language' we as a team are losing faith in 'Net trapping' by the rules. If so would you think it wise for us newbies to bail out or is it possible that we too can pick up what you lot are talking about?..
ps I still very much enjoy this thread but I for one will be sad to leave the lurkers behind though do I understand why we need to.

I was new to trading in March, Iv'e been learning as Iv'e gone on, so it's easily picked up.

this CAM thing, has been introduced just today by Mike/Tenappenny, is another indicator that can be used in addition to NT rules, and again you can pick it up, and I'm sure Mike.T,A,P would be please to explain more (please do, for my benefit too!)##

I'm still an NT er, but any tweaks that make it better, avoid losses are welcome, and force you to learn a bit more.(y)

The foreign language is only there as an add on to NT. The pure NT will remain as its written in the book.

What people found is that NT doesn't always get the target pips and so looked at ways of improving it. MNT, INT, MINT etc are all borne out of the frustration of seeing the trade go +33 and then turn into -30.. When you don't/cant monitor the trade then its frustrating to return to the screen and see its all gone pear shaped.

The secret to the other stuff is if you dont understand it, dont use it. Have a read about it, trial it out and see if it improves your results. As you learn more about fx then apply these things as you see fit...

Hi Denman, Lads, Laddettes, etc

I placed my first live trade on Monday, but I have been doing lots of research into forex trading and have some experience of trading on Betfair.

This site has been mentioned before but it's a good place to start and best of all it's free http://www.babypips.com/school/ work through the lessons and you'll get a good idea for how it all works.

I for one will definitely carry on using this thread for it's wealth of information, that is so generously given, and it's good to have a place to talk forex without the people around you glazing over in boredom.

Keep up the good work everyone.

G'day Ladies & Sirs (still in humility & awe of Taypot)!

It seems that with the imminent migration of paid-up NTrs to their own private forum, it would seem inappropiate and misleading to remain occupying the current forum entitled "Richard Hill Forex Net Trap?"

Perhaps it would make "sense" to move to a different forum with a new name (or change the current name)? I stress that this is NOT to exclude paid-up NTrs; as I have said before, I think we have the makings of a great bunch of chaps/chappeses here and it would be good for ALL to stick together and learn from each other.

However, if the general concensus is to leave things as they are, then I am happy with that. It's just that it could be very misleading to new Forex wandering muses who have the fortune (or misfortune?) to alight here.

Perhaps a new forum name is called for? Let's have some suggestions Ladies & Sirs to cater for all NTrs (Nutters?) paid or otherwise. Although some paid-up Nutters (sorry but it cracks me up), would strongly argue otherwise, I'm afraid that former Lurkers (I've "come out") like myself have a pretty good handle on the NT strategy having read all posts from the start, including watching RH's Live Trading Example Video (now removed)!

What say you to a new forum name Ladies & Gents? How about "Nutters & Lurkers" (in honour of Taypot of course and her cupboard full of tall, dark & handsome Nutters & Lurkers)! Let's have some comments/suggestions please or simply leave things as they are?

What say you fellow Nutters?

Good day to you, Ladies & Sirs!

Mike

Last edited:
I think that many of you who are new to trading are in danger of applying too much "foreign language" to NT. Although you are learning still (and it never stops), you could be adding too many extras to NT which is a simple system. By the way, I've not bought it but do know how it works, it's not difficult to find out how but I wont be revealing anything.

You could end up like this. By all means use NT and the variations you've come up with, but I would really advise you to learn to trade and apply that knowledge to find a style to suit you. Happy trading. :)

Attachments

• EURH1.jpg
    EURH1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 215
I have sussed out 'Net-trap' (though it seems the moment I subscribe it all goes pear shaped) and even getting to terms with MINT/INT etc but now you are starting to speak in a foreign language; Spikes/Cam analysis/FTSE @8am etc. Do I take it that, with all this foreign language' we as a team are losing faith in 'Net trapping' by the rules.

Most of the "foreign language" talk over the last few days has evolved around Pivot Points, which are explained clearly at the following link:

http://www.babypips.com/school/pivot_points.html

We are all continuing to trade NT (or a very close variant thereof), but are now looking for ways to reduce the number of loss days (which for June have been too many for vanilla NT). Hence the pivot points.

So I think there is still a fundamental belief in this forum in the NT system, but it has become obvious that it needs to be tweaked in order to be effective long-term, if only for the reasons of squeezing more profit out of the bountiful $3 trillion per day forex markets! :clap: