Reputable Market Making Firms in London

jpudelsky

Hi, I'm currently looking into market making trading firms as an alternative to IBs .. does anyone know of similar trading firms such as Tibra and Optiver that are not prop-shop/arcades but actually offer a competitive salary & commissions in London (or anywhere else in Europe)?

Thanks in advance

You get smaller independants like sequoia capital, liquid capital, tradelink, atlantic trading.....

or firms like tibra in size are the likes of mako, drw. I come from the fixed income world, so they are the ones I know about. In equities, I believe people like Optiver, Van der moolen and Sean options are also similar.

Saen options is just bull****
A friend of mine is currently working there, the basic salary is ridiculous, the bonus too. They have only offices in Amsterdam, after having closed their activities in Chicago a few years ago ( due to big losses).
Optiver is a better company but not much.
VDM (Van der Molen) ranks in between, I think
my 2 cents

You get smaller independants like sequoia capital, liquid capital, tradelink, atlantic trading.....

or firms like tibra in size are the likes of mako, drw. I come from the fixed income world, so they are the ones I know about. In equities, I believe people like Optiver, Van der moolen and Sean options are also similar.
Liquid is not smaller, Liquid is I believe the largest independent market maker in the European indexes. I'd check them out along with Mako.

Liquid Capital Group - Home
Mako Global

Have heard from people who were offered a job at liquid that the salary was so terrible, they'd rather hold out. Salary aside, it seemed that people would be doing fairly lengthy periods of assistant work rather than anything really involved in trading and making money.

Have heard from people who were offered a job at liquid that the salary was so terrible, they'd rather hold out. Salary aside, it seemed that people would be doing fairly lengthy periods of assistant work rather than anything really involved in trading and making money.

Maybe liquid offers better bonuses. Just a thought and in fact I have no idea. Though it seems silly that they are such a big market maker and yet do not offer competitive salary, then they'd lose all their good traders.

It'd be like DRW. They also stiff people in the first year quite hard, bonus too, and then reward and get responsibility on people later. Payoff for doing this is that they train people longer, and get them to do random assistant work for longer. They don't end up with the situation at say Tibra/Optiver with numerous first year people who are just rubbish and get fired while burning money away in the market.