Reputable and trustworthy brokers

Not convinced!

Hi Magos,

FXCM takes regulations very seriously and believe it is in our clients' best interests to have regulatory oversight and transparency. That's why we are regulated in multiple jurisdictions across 4 continents and have over 80 employees in our compliance department as mentioned by our CEO Drew Niv in our previous earnings call. I know this doesn't mean that previous regulatory issues are okay, but we work to identify problems and make sure they are corrected.

We actively work with our regulators to resolve issues to ensure the best trading environment possible for our traders. For example, the NFA and FCA actions for positive slippage not being passed on prior to 2010 were mentioned earlier in this thread. FXCM reimbursed current and former clients who were affected in full. Furthermore, the changes we made in 2010 mean that FXCM is now one of the only firms in the industry to pass on positive slippage on all order types including market and limit orders.

Note that some brokers may provide positive slippage on one order type but not others. Others might not provide positive slippage at all. Some brokers re-quote their clients when the price moves in their clients' favor but fail to re-quote when the price moves against them. There are no re-quotes at FXCM.

Furthermore, FXCM offers true limit orders on all the platforms we offer including MT4. That means our clients cannot receive negative slippage on their limit orders, only positive slippage. By contrast, some brokers treat limit orders on MT4 like market orders when triggered opening up the possibility of negative slippage.

When FXCM was founded in 1999, we were one of the pioneers in what is still a relatively young and quickly evolving industry that is retail forex. The key to our continued growth and success while others have come and gone is due in no small part to our ability to adapt to and lead change in this market.

The execution stats below are an example of this:
We compiled data from a total of 43,128,901 forex and metal trades executed over a six month period from August 2013 to January 2014:
  • 73% of all orders had no slippage.
  • 15% of all orders received positive slippage. (AKA price improvements)
  • 12% of all orders received negative slippage.
  • Over 60% of all limit and limit entry orders received positive slippage.
  • 53.32% of all stop and stop entry orders received negative slippage.
In those 6 months alone, FXCM clients benefited from over $15 million in positive slippage.

As one of the largest brokers, we are under a greater amount of scrutiny and believe in leading the way in transparency. That's a big reason why as of the end of Q1 2014 there were over 181,000 active trading accounts at FXCM with a total of $1.245 billion in client funds.

"80 employees in our compliance department" ; SHOULD all just resign!
This is my personal view.

Shape your Compliance and Legal team or you will lose more and more clients as well as getting fines. History repeats itself in the FXCM story.

I can give you a name of trading company to avoid

Nakitrade is the company that you should stay away from. This is complain email that I sent to them and I didn't get proper respond yet and of course they didn't pay me my money yet.
1- three weeks ago I submitted a request of withdrawal of $7,000 of which $5,000 deposited to my credit card (the one I used to deposit money to Nakitrade) within few days. However, after 3 weeks and several times follow up I still didn't receive the other $2,000.
2-Last week my account adviser (Eric Libet) sent me an email requesting that I should close all my positions due to problem with swaps profit in my account. The email he forwarded from back office indicated that more than $6,000 of my profit should be cancelled without providing further detail. I explained my adviser that I can't immediately close my positions as I am carrying loss and I need to stay in my positions to turn to profit as I expected. Also I explained to him that many of positions I opened was to gain profit from swaps based on data provided by Nakitrade to me. Also I explained If Nakitrade made mistake in swaps and misled me, it can't simply cancel my profit and put all the charges on me. I demanded that I need to know what are the correct swaps, so that we can review together and find a correct solution for it. We agreed that this is the way forward and I was waiting for these information. However, from yesterday Nakitrade blocked my access to my account and I lost control over more than $14,000 and 42 open positions in my account. Nakitrade is legally responsible for this action and need to do corrective action immediately and reimburse me for any loss it cause.

I have called Nakitrade and tried live chat several, but Nakitrade simply decided to ignore me so far. I am looking forward for your quick corrective action, so that I don't have to take the matter to Financial Ombudsman Service and Court.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/57918-nakitrade-japanese-broker.html#ixzz38znpEPtl

Good day all, can the forex traders out there give me the names of a few safe, secure and trustworthy forex brokers?

I have been doing Forex trading for many years now and OctaFX is the only broker that has really been trustworthy for me as its not only reputed but also regulated and well established brokerage company.
OctaFX has such amazing feature like the lowest spreads, real-time market execution and true ECN offset and many more and because of this most clients get addicted towards it and i am including myself as been addicted to OctaFX for last 2 years!

OctaFX is spamming various boards with messages like these, mostly with low post-count accounts like this. Wondering if tactics like these even work.

Nakitrade, if im not mistakedn that the japanese based broker right, its a very very new broker, ranked 6million on alexa and has an average of 1 viewer a day. its not good to open an account with a new broker or that newly born broker especially if you are going to invest thousands of dollars off the bat, im sorry to hear what happened to you, its always better to stick with a better known brokers such as ********. i think i read about nakitrade somewhere it might be here of forexpeacearmy

Scalping is my favorite system. that's i came accros for brokers to made sure i'm using broker that allowed you to do scalp. I am using armada markets. They are currently the top forex broker for tick scalping EA's. Perfect trading conditions for scalpers because of the low spreads, ecn broker type even with commision added, the cost per trade are remain low.