Forex broker for scalping

Unhelpful in what sense? I've actually found their customer service to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

What did you need help with?

No, I am ok now with my broker, at the time I was with Oanda, but the spread went up to 1.2, I also trade the tick chart and I was looking for the broker to supply me the data in some form to view the the 30 tick chart in Amibroker.

I spoke with someone with the name of Joe and he told me he was also the manager there.

I told him that was important for me to import their data into my software.

He did not have a clue of our things worked, at one point he said he could help but he wanted to know how much money I was opening the account with.

I reminded him that the size of the account should not really matter, he should be able to supply the information in spite of that.

No, I am ok now with my broker, at the time I was with Oanda, but the spread went up to 1.2, I also trade the tick chart and I was looking for the broker to supply me the data in some form to view the the 30 tick chart in Amibroker.

I spoke with someone with the name of Joe and he told me he was also the manager there.

I told him that was important for me to import their data into my software.

He did not have a clue of our things worked, at one point he said he could help but he wanted to know how much money I was opening the account with.

I reminded him that the size of the account should not really matter, he should be able to supply the information in spite of that.

Ah.. maybe you ended up talking with a marketing/sales guy instead of their customer support. It happens.

For the razor account, they are using liquidity and price feed from Integral's ECN grid. For tick level data, you can get this through Integral directly at their 'trader facing' site TrueFX:
TrueFX — Tick-By-Tick Real-Time And Historical Market Rates, Clean, Aggregated, Dealer Prices

You may need to convert the data format to whatever your application uses.. but there's years worth of history for most major pairs on a tick-by-tick basis. Huge downloads though, even for text, the tick data can be 200+megs per symbol per month since they record everything.

Hope that helps... even if you don't go with them, the tick data applies to other brokers who use Integral's feed/LPs.. but no other broker has such access with only a $200 min deposit (most want $10-20k+ before they even talk to you.)

Ah.. maybe you ended up talking with a marketing/sales guy instead of their customer support. It happens.

For the razor account, they are using liquidity and price feed from Integral's ECN grid. For tick level data, you can get this through Integral directly at their 'trader facing' site TrueFX:
TrueFX — Tick-By-Tick Real-Time And Historical Market Rates, Clean, Aggregated, Dealer Prices

You may need to convert the data format to whatever your application uses.. but there's years worth of history for most major pairs on a tick-by-tick basis. Huge downloads though, even for text, the tick data can be 200+megs per symbol per month since they record everything.

Hope that helps... even if you don't go with them, the tick data applies to other brokers who use Integral's feed/LPs.. but no other broker has such access with only a $200 min deposit (most want $10-20k+ before they even talk to you.)

Jack

Thanks I really appreciate, I will have a look, at the moment I am paying 0.7 spread only (eurusd) and I can import the DDE data (free) in AB to view the 30 tick charts (attached, my last trade).

Jack I have read a bit of your thread at FF, I really enjoyed it, is that thread finished?

Mike

Attachments

• 7:5 1.png
    7:5 1.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,832
Last edited:
Finished? Not at all.. I just don't post to it as often as I'd like. There have been a lot of updates though, so check out the first post for links to them in case you missed anything.

what about web based platforms? I have tried FXCM and MahiFX in demo. Both are good for scalping, but does anyone know of any others that are good?

GFT is quite honest market maker, which makes it good for scalping.
Only spreads are bigger then Oanda offers.

spread spread spread spread .......

just make sure you can get your money back first gang