Quick questions for you guys

as bramble eludes to, 1 minute and £450 does not a career make. especially in a demo account given by someone who just wants to trade against you.

heres my 2cents on the difference:

1/ 'stock'broker doesnt care if you win or lose. he gets his commission either way.
2/ spreadbetter is a mug.

to put this post into perspective, Charlie has aboslutely zero experience of spreadbetting by his own admission, and in a previous debate declared no knowledge of the level of stamp duty on UK shares. "is it 2 or 3%" I think were his words.

I'd suggest a mug is someone who always feels the need to contribute to a debate they clearly know bugger all about.

UTB

PS - 80% of my deals are Direct Access. I have no axe to grind.

Last edited:
The Financial Spread Betting Handbook by Malcome Pryor is a good place to gain an fairly indepth knowledge of spread betting at introductory and intermediate levels. And its not easy to make money (in the long run) it takes time and precision. Best to focus on one thing and perfect it e.g. indices (ftse 100). Learn as much as you can about it, its movements, when to enter and exit etc etc. Then you may make money.

Also if your looking to be employed within a spread betting firm you could become a dealer. I think thats what you meant in your first question but who knows. gl