Quick questions for you guys

if you dont know the difference between a stockbroker and a spreadbetter then what are you basing the fact that you would like a career as a stockbroker on ?

..he saw that program on the telly last night "What do you earn..."
Y'Know where they went onto a trading floor and went on saying how much the traders make in bonuses

He then thought to himself "That looks better than trolley pushing at Tesco's and getting an ASBO. Just think what me mates are gonna say when I roll up in a Ferrari...."
etc.etc Yawn Yawn

Hey, rols, don't knock it. If that's what it takes for him to work hard and get motivated, then so be it. :)

..he saw that program on the telly last night "What do you earn..."
Y'Know where they went onto a trading floor and went on saying how much the traders make in bonuses

He then thought to himself "That looks better than trolley pushing at Tesco's and getting an ASBO. Just think what me mates are gonna say when I roll up in a Ferrari...."
etc.etc Yawn Yawn

Go and chew sand now. Youre as funny as aids.

Must be some sort of geniaus...

WDCC%20ALADDIN%20GENIE%20I.jpg

istockphoto_1639286_fun_cartoon_house.jpg

question_mark.gif

My next question!

First of all, some of you can go and be like rols and chew sand. For the ones who are decent...

On tradindex, say i buy shares at 1500, they go up to 1550, and i want to sell. But i can only sell for 1540. Why cant i sell for the full 1550? Where does the 10 go?

Tradindex have what looks like an extra hidden spread. It's annoying. I've closed some trades thinking they'd be breakeven and found I've taken a small loss. Then again, it might be because it's so slow to fill. That's fine while it's a demo, but not when it's my money. I've found Tradindex sometimes is ultra slow to fill. And they also suspend trading in a fast moving market. IG, OTOH, don't. My advice is practice on Tradindex and use real money on IG. (I hear CMC is good, too, but I haven't tried them yet.)

Tradindex have what looks like an extra hidden spread. It's annoying. I've closed some trades thinking they'd be breakeven and found I've taken a small loss. Then again, it might be because it's so slow to fill. That's fine while it's a demo, but not when it's my money. I've found Tradindex sometimes is ultra slow to fill. And they also suspend trading in a fast moving market. IG, OTOH, don't. My advice is practice on Tradindex and use real money on IG. (I hear CMC is good, too, but I haven't tried them yet.)

IG?
OTOH?
CMC?!

Another question, i presume these are places where i can be succesful with my spread betting, how much is each one to use? Say i made 1000, do they want some of that aswell?! Or are they free to use...

My next question!

First of all, some of you can go and be like rols and chew sand. For the ones who are decent...

On tradindex, say i buy shares at 1500, they go up to 1550, and i want to sell. But i can only sell for 1540. Why cant i sell for the full 1550? Where does the 10 go?

Firstly, sending members of this site PMs asking if they are 'homosexual' and negative reps with a crude sexual stereotype message will only serve to diminish you.

Secondly, in order to stay the course as a trader IMO, having a sense of humour is essential.

Thirdly, the combination of being easily rattled and taking yourself too seriously makes you an easy target in a competitive work environment.

Lastly. Are you really new to this site?

Last edited:
Firstly, sending members of this site PMs asking if they are 'homosexual' will only serve to diminish you.

Secondly, in order to stay the course as a trader IMO, having a sense of humour is essential.

Thirdly, the combination of being easily rattled and taking yourself too seriously makes you an easy target in a competitive work environment.

Lastly. Are you really new to this site?

Considering i discovered it today, it would clearly make me new...

And I do have a sense of humour, its just not the same as yours though sorry.

Firstly, sending members of this site PMs asking if they are 'homosexual' and negative reps with a crude sexual stereotype message will only serve to diminish you.

Hm, he left one for me. I suddenly don't feel the urge to be helpful any more. I'm a bit disappointed now for the lack of gratefulness. Not bothered about my rep, though. I mean... a trustworthy assassin of the night. Shurely shome mishtake.

Actually, I have one thing to say. With the OP's apparent need to get revenge on people who tease and throw insults in the reputation system and PMs, it doesn't bode well on the discipline side. When you start losing, you'll start trying to get revenge on the market or thinking the market owes you. I'll leave you to guess what happens next.

My next question although i seriously doubt that ill get a response as you have all turned negative to me. But if anyone is interested?!

1. Whats the best site to spread bet on?
2. What is the bid and ask price?

My next question although i seriously doubt that ill get a response as you have all turned negative to me. But if anyone is interested?!

1. Whats the best site to spread bet on?
2. What is the bid and ask price?

There's only so much wet nursing some of us can take especially when the baby bites

Try here

Forex Education, Forex Training, Currency Trading, Beginner's Guide to Forex Trading, Learn Forex, Foreign Exchange - BabyPips.com

then go to a page called Google it's very useful for those who want to help themselves.

Ta ta

Last edited:
Im only 17 so be easy...
Would like a career as a stockbroker but i dont know much about it?!

Been reading these forums for the last 20 minutes and i couldnt resist registering because im already stuck..

1. Whats the difference between a stockbroker and a spread better?

2. Can you make a career out of being a spread better? How successful could you be? Anyone out there done it?

Thanks

Contrary to some of the posts here, I'll add that it's just as easy to spreadbet shares as it is to hold them outright. It's a simple formula to derive the spreadbet price from the market price, as I've logged many times on the thread "cost of spread betting".

If you only do smaller deals, it's cheaper than owning outright. If you own UK stock outright you also pay 0.5% stamp duty. And should you become sucessful, your returns are tax free.

Which brings about the question why the negativity. A few thoughts;

Most people spread bet on too short a time frame - so the extra spread is a killer.

On a short time frame, if you're very sucessful, they have no way of following / hedging you, so they'll lose money and inevitably freeze you out.

Most people fail anyway, whatever. Blaming the bookie makes them feel better

Most people regurgitate what others have already said.

And finally, I suspect you're taking the ****. Apologies if not.

I'm off out on the lash!

UTB

PS Ignore The Bramble. He's had his head fried recently with thoughts of young girls:LOL:

Thanks Bramble for your response. You say a spread better always loses his money (bold), how can this be true? Ive been playing around with tradindex and i just made £450 in a minute.

?

as bramble eludes to, 1 minute and £450 does not a career make. especially in a demo account given by someone who just wants to trade against you.

heres my 2cents on the difference:

1/ 'stock'broker doesnt care if you win or lose. he gets his commission either way.
2/ spreadbetter is a mug.

Sometimes I have the feeling that the patience and fairness of some members is a bit taken advantage of. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but especially today, with Wikipedia and the Internet, it would show more interest, researching a bit than taking time away of some respected guys here :(

What I never could believe: Most people invest 10x their time in saving 5 bucks, buying a dishwasher than before losing 5k in the markets :smart:

Sometimes I have the feeling that the patience and fairness of some members is a bit taken advantage of. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but especially today, with Wikipedia and the Internet, it would show more interest, researching a bit than taking time away of some respected guys here :(

What I never could believe: Most people invest 10x their time in saving 5 bucks, buying a dishwasher than before losing 5k in the markets :smart:

I think, you are 100% right, Suze!

Hi tb

May I ask you, what in your opinion would you consider to be " too short a time frame " ?

Just curious

dd

I don't really know fella. Just that if you conisder a model where there's no commission but a wider spread, a shorter timeframe's going to work against you. And I have no idea at what point it would become impossible for them to follow you. Laptop is one member who was frozen out on short time frmes, maybe he'd elaborate.

UTB

Last edited: