Protradingcourse - Richard Regan

24 posts from you in 12 months and 21 about this PTC Course when i send you one
for free and you dont have to trade for 7 hours per day.

Errrrrrm me thinks Mary Pot Head has been doing a little too much smoking.

Feel free to look at my post count as ive been on here for 6 years and dont
promote nothing apart from help newbies stay away from the sharks and spending
money.

Dont understand why you getting the hump as if your a newbie and im showing
you a free system that costs you nothing............

Stick the money from the cost of the course in a small stakes account
and let the market show you how it works and you'll learn even more.

I looked at Richard's site some more here is the deal
the course for 1 month costs 699 and for 1 year it costs 2k
any opinions? I may consider this as 1 month of trade calling seems fair.
if anyone is using his calls currently let me in on if they are good ones.

I'd say it depends how you want to go on about it.

But how about writing them and asking for a free trial day?

Though mind you one day is not very much and you gotta be a bit lucky to catch one of the action packed days. But in any event it would give you at least a taster as to what its like and more of an idea if its for you.

I'm sure you know this already but I believe it cant be emphasised enough that whatever one does one must try to maintain the mind-set that one wants to become a good trader, because nobody is gonna spoon feed you the trades until you are rich.

Also its important to try and maintain a long term view on it else its very hard to stick through the rough patches.
Nobody became a master overnight in anything and trading is no exception there.

All the best

24 posts from you in 12 months and 21 about this PTC Course when i send you one
for free and you dont have to trade for 7 hours per day.

Errrrrrm me thinks Mary Pot Head has been doing a little too much smoking.

Feel free to look at my post count as ive been on here for 6 years and dont
promote nothing apart from help newbies stay away from the sharks and spending
money.

Dont understand why you getting the hump as if your a newbie and im showing
you a free system that costs you nothing............

Stick the money from the cost of the course in a small stakes account
and let the market show you how it works and you'll learn even more.

I think part of the problem is that you're putting your free method on par with the deal that I got at PTC for 6k, which is a comparison just too ridicoulus to even begin to clarify, because it means you haven't even bothered to look at their deals or at my previous posts.

As far as my postings are concerned here on T2W, I have actually started out with FF and never new of this forum until I researched to find out more about PTC and somebody else started this thread for the same reason, hence me joining.

Now I'm trying to let people know what its like and share my impressions just as I would have liked to find when I came here.

I got no problem with somebody talking about what they know and know to be good.
But to barge in here and slag everything off you don't know under the self-righteous banner of protecting newbies from sharks is something I got a problem with.

You were making judgement here about people and programs you very obviously have no experience with and use disrespectful lingo.

Got no respect for that sort of behaviour, no matter how many post you got under your belt.

A few comments to what I've seen gedward3 say here:

I actually had a look at the "3 Duck" system he is referring to and I think its good, though I haven't tried it but it makes sense to me.
I would encourage everybody to get a free copy, if not at least for educational purposes.
It talks about using a moving average from bigger to smaller timeframes to determine trade opportunities in direction of the trend they indicate.
Personally I don't like indicators and I prefer just to look at a "naked chart" and determine whether price is moving up or down but there is no right or wrong there.

The author of the "3 Duck" system explains further details regarding many important aspects e.g. stop loss, risk reward ratio, entry etc. that make for a comprehensive read.

He also explains that a lot of the times a trader must use discretion and that there are questions only the trader can answer.
This gives me the impression that the author is genuine and upfront as to what he can and cannot convey to the reader. Meaning that he can show you his method but it will take for you applied experience over time to make it work, which is true for any method imho.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-firm/trading-firm/trading-firm/fore...ng-system.html

Sure gedward3 is giving us an unbiased opinion based on his own experience... NOT

I know the opposite to be true, in fact one of the reasons I joined PTC is because Richard is a really good communicator and one can tell from his explanations that he is aware that learners are listening in and that he is experienced in teaching trading. A good trader is not necessarily a good teacher but Richard's definitely got that quality.

With PTC and Richard Regan you get, even if you pay $669 for 1 month (calculating 20 trading days 7 hours per day), a $5 per hour deal where he explains why he does what he does, trades live and puts his money where his mouth is.
True with Richard you wont have "constant" action and talking as markets are sometimes just quiet but make your own mind up where you think you get better value out of.

Looking at gedward3's post count narrows the choice down as to which one he is.

Its almost too sad to laugh about such immature virtual online toughness.

Hey Ged I gotta question for you:

I think part of the problem is that you're putting your free method on par with the deal that I got at PTC for 6k, which is a comparison just too ridicoulus to even begin to clarify, because it means you haven't even bothered to look at their deals or at my previous posts.

As far as my postings are concerned here on T2W, I have actually started out with FF and never new of this forum until I researched to find out more about PTC and somebody else started this thread for the same reason, hence me joining.

Now I'm trying to let people know what its like and share my impressions just as I would have liked to find when I came here.

I got no problem with somebody talking about what they know and know to be good.
But to barge in here and slag everything off you don't know under the self-righteous banner of protecting newbies from sharks is something I got a problem with.

You were making judgement here about people and programs you very obviously have no experience with and use disrespectful lingo.

Got no respect for that sort of behaviour, no matter how many post you got under your belt.

Well if you been a memeber of other forums or this for a long while you will see
this type of thread spring up very frequently. Newbie asks a question followed by
other newbies all with very few posts starting discussions so these threads can be seen
on the web. A sort of self promotion from people linked with the course so that others
find it on the web so to speak. Now out of all of these threads not once have i seen any
long term members join in.

My view still stands in that people are either looking for the holy grail when they can find enough free info on this site and others or they are in some way connected to
pushing the course for reasons unknown to me.

Why dont you give a little insight into what you've learnt which will show people reading this thread what you have learnt without the usual "I cant disclose whats on the course" type answer.

Well if you been a memeber of other forums or this for a long while you will see
this type of thread spring up very frequently. Newbie asks a question followed by
other newbies all with very few posts starting discussions so these threads can be seen
on the web. A sort of self promotion from people linked with the course so that others
find it on the web so to speak. Now out of all of these threads not once have i seen any
long term members join in.

My view still stands in that people are either looking for the holy grail when they can find enough free info on this site and others or they are in some way connected to
pushing the course for reasons unknown to me.

Why dont you give a little insight into what you've learnt which will show people reading this thread what you have learnt without the usual "I cant disclose whats on the course" type answer.

Mate, if you really want to know what its like then just go and read what I've written so far, I've made too much of an effort to give you an exclusive repeat.

Also you owe an apology for the judgement and lingo you're using here though you admittedly don't know what you were talking about.
And your conspiracy theory is also no reason to think that you must be right in doing so.

Mate, if you really want to know what its like then just go and read what I've written so far, I've made too much of an effort to give you an exclusive repeat.

Also you owe an apology for the judgement and lingo you're using here though you admittedly don't know what you were talking about.
And your conspiracy theory is also no reason to think that you must be right in doing so.

I wont be apologising to you or anyone. Seen too much on this site to even bare
thinking about it.

My thoughts are here now so you can carry on without getting into a catfight
about some silly course.

Last edited:
They hired me to be a prop trader, but I'm a little skeptical and wanted to find out if they hire selectively and if their program works, i've been trading for a while, and fairly profitable, but very skeptical,

I'm considering Protradingcourse for forex. Are you still with them? How did it work out?
They are asking for $4000 enrollment deposit against any losses. Please let me know your experience and advice.
Thanks,
socaltrader

None taken Ms Pippins. I can assure you though, that I am not an employee/sales person for Pro-Trading. I am looking into them, and naturally did some research starting with a Google search and this chat room came up.

I have taken the comments mentioned in this chat very seriously in regard to my decision as to whether or not I will go with them. I will be honest though, I would like to hear more information from those people have been trading with them for a while.

After everything I have read, I still think I am going to go with them. I am looking at this logically, and I would love some other opinions as what they think of how I am looking at this because this is a big decision for me and I would appreciate it. The way I see this is both, Pro-trading and the trader benefit. From my perspective, I have down time at work and would like to learn trading. If I were to start an account by myself, I would probably get killed. With pro=trading, I can listen to professionals for as long as I like until I am ready to go off on my own.

Personally, I don't see a better way to learn than watching a professional trade, listening to them and at the same time putting some money in the market to teach me emotional control.

From the Pro-Trading angle, they dont have any risk, but they would profit more if you were a profitable trader. They dont have to pay you salary or benefits. So it is cheap for them and I learn how to trade.

Thoughts? And please be critical. I would love a different perspective on this.

I'm considering Protrdaing for forex. Did you join and how is it going? They want $4000 for enrollment fee deposit against any losses. Do you recommend them? Thanks,
socaltrader

ive just started with them... u can get free access to the live room pretty easy. just ask. and it will be for long than a day maybe a amonth. but basically u just make the trades that richard does. and u will make money... he is not mkaing a whole lot of money nor is he making a lot of trade lately. the markets have been pretty dull. but his strategy works. and over time, u begin with one contract and eventually u make your way up pretty quick. Make they get u a currenex account from the getgo.

when things are slow richard is trading 20 contracts of whatever it is. and when things get really busy and volatile, he ramps up X5 X10 do the math. your trading thingas like the pound future and the euro future. which is eur/usd gpb/usd and they pull 200-600point moves. often 50-100 pip moves in minutes time. hes sets you up for those moments.

he has u enter trades that is within 5-10 seconds the trade doesnt perform your closing and getting out.

I think this guy breeeds success. because, think about how it over time it can become a lucrative partnership, of him giving u leverage, while he makes money of your profits. untill, u have enough of your own capitol to go on your and skillfully be able to use the cheeper leverage offered at any discount online trade/broker service. I reccomend it if ur trying to go thru the learning curve quick. its everything u want, the ability to directly chat with richard regan thru an instant message like feature. and he the pro, of almost 14 yrs trading, from floor to screeen. I got to meet him and tour the CME group trading pits in chicago about a month ago. that was pretty cool.

but YA thasts my 2Cents on PTC

Are you still with Protrading? I'm considering joining for forex trading. They want $4000 as enrollment deposit against any losses. Do you recommend them? thanks,
socaltrader

These guys are really "crooked". All they are really offering is managed accounts where you do all the work. They ask for a 4k deposit which they place in an account with 20:1 leverage(80k buying power) and then collect a 35% performance fee since they only give you 65% of the profit. :devilish:

i have read a lot of these post's, and its kinda funny. this one says this is good, the other say's thats too much, these guys are crooks, and the list goes on and on. if someone wants to take a certain route in there trading then so be it. if someone wants to spend 10 grand to do something then that is there decision. i am with PTC, among other live trade room's and am happy with them all. you have to spend what you can afford and what is right for you, end of story. i think more people should spend more time trading and studing, then to be concerned about how other people want to go about there journey. i have been trading 15 years plus, also worked on the CME for 2 years, and now i should take all these opinions (not a chance), think people here should help each other out, and stop worrying about what others do. i trade a lot of method's and i do ok, but i bet i can give you the same method, and you will not make a dime from it. its not the methods, its YOU. good trading to all

A few months ago, PTC was offering to let me access the room for free if I funded a $2,500 currenex account with them as an IB. Anyone know if this is still the case? The only reason I haven't done it is my unfamiliarity of the currenex platform and lack of being able to demo with it.

Mary?

Oh you unimaginative numpties. Ged is right.(y)

You geeks and losers keep it coming. I need something to wind down after yet another week of an increase in my equity.

ok here is my story with ptc, i joined a year ago, never really got much out of it. so i did not advance in my trading according to there program. the program i was in was $5,000. to join.you trade with a $2,000. and if you advance you get a futures account also, remember this is still your money, after a year with no advancement you get a refund back to you of $2,000.like i said i just wanted to give it a try. about a month before my year was up i contacted richard regan , believe me he is the worst to deal with to get back to you.i still had some money in my account, and asked if i could take it out, he said no problem, he put in a request and i was mailed a check for that amount. now here is the problem, the difference between was was in my account and the money i am still owed to equal my $2,000 refund, i am having problems getting. it should have been processed, the 2nd week of may and i still can"t get it. yes finally i got a email from richard, after i sent many to him on this issue, saying i have not forgot about you, there is external factors affecting all ptc traders right now, whatever the hell he means by that. bottom line is this, if there is a complaint i need to file againt them, can you lead me to what i have to do.im tired of getting the run around from this guy. thanks

i just made a post, and i wrote another email, so here is a copy of the email, i just received today. this is what the email conversation went like, i also call trade maven, which did buy out PTC. they have been ok to deal with, but they say this is a issue that has to be dealt with thru richard regan. so im stuck so far, and any help anyone can give me that i may have some recourse against them, would be greatly appreciated. thank you

hello richard:

im just wondering, you have told me there is external factors affecting all ptc traders now.i know you are working on things,and told me you would keep me posted. but what are the odds of me seeing this refund check? sorry but at this point i feel like i am getting the run around.

Tony,

Nothing has been resolved and it may take a while before there is a resolution.
At this point I can not guarantee that you will receive the refund and it could be months away when and if you do. I am sorry for the confusion, but I just want you to be able to plan accordingly.

Richard

my response to that above:
so is this how you people make your money, by not giving the money back to people?. well i will tell you what, i am finding out where i can file complaints against you. i kinda figured i was getting the run around from you. this is total BULL****. trust me i want to help others from getting put in this situation and being ripped off.

just figured i would post another response i received today from the conversation above. maybe i should have not posted any of this, but i am really mad, and figured i would tell others here what i am going thru. if a positive outcome happens i will post it here also, richard regan has been around for a while and has a good reputation, but so far i don't like what i am seeing.

Tony,

This is not how business has been done at pro trading course. We are in a situation now that will likely prevent us from continuing to operate in the future. We are making every effort to fulfill all requests and I will let you know as soon as we can come to a resolution.

Richard

my response to that above:
ok richard, i just called trade maven to see if i could get any help with this matter, but they told me it has to be dealt with thru you. i know you are working on filling all requests, hopefully you can fill mine. it would help me live.please keep me posted

not really sure here ed123, but what i posted above, not sure if anyone would want to get involved with these people. im hoping there will be a positive outcome in my situation. and if there is i will post it.

just received a email that PTC is closing, so would like to know if any other traders out there are caught in this situation, and not getting there money back that is owed to them. we should all be filing complaints against richard regan.

here is some information, that another trader gave to me and i wanted to post it here, to help other traders that are caught up in this with richard regan.

My contact at the CTFC is:

Lindsey L. Evans
Trial Attorney, Division of Enforcement
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
525 W. Monroe, Suite 1100
Chicago, Illinois 60661
phone: (312) 596-0643
fax: (312) 596-0714
email: [email protected]

The contact at the NFA is:
Christopher A. Marino • Staff Auditor • Compliance • National Futures Association
120 Broadway. Suite 1125 • New York, New York 10271
Office: (212) 513-6013 • Fax: (312) 559-3420 • Email: [email protected]