Private Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacroDog said:
As far as SOCRATES is concerned, he knows he is the worst wheel on the chariot (in terms of the analagy previously posted), said he would no longer post, and yet he still turns around, creaking, crackling and causing discomfort for those that are riding in the chariot.

I guess thats as clear as anything could possibly be.
No it is not. Read the post again. Reading is not understanding, it is just reading.
Read it again and persist until you properly understand what is written.
Then the conclusion you will arrive at will be diametrically different to the one you jump to.

commanderco said:
Can someone kindly point me in the direction of "NO INDICATORS" thread please
I do not seem to be able to track it down.
Muchas gracias
Senor, le acabo de enviar un mensaje. Por favor mire su Private message inbox.

rossored said:
When a post is deleted, it is only "soft-deleted". The mods/admin can still see the post, view it, and decide, as required, to leave it deleted or un-delete it and restore it to public view. So, we are quite aware of which posts get deleted although not always the reasons for the deletion, obviously.
Thanks very much, Matt ... that does resolve my confusion: the situation has indeed changed since I asked about this in February. That actually removes some of my reservation about private forums, because it strongly implies that people can no longer behave as one forum-owner did back then and hope to get away with it. Thank you.

Roberto said:
Thanks very much, Matt ... that does resolve my confusion: the situation has indeed changed since I asked about this in February. That actually removes some of my reservation about private forums, because it strongly implies that people can no longer behave as one forum-owner did back then and hope to get away with it. Thank you.

They never could. All you had to do was complain to Sharky or a moderator about your posts having been deleted. You apparently (or you would know all this) elected not to do so. That was your choice. Perhaps, some day, you'll get over it.

dbphoenix said:
All you had to do was complain to Sharky or a moderator about your posts having been deleted. You apparently (or you would know all this) elected not to do so.
On the contrary, I did so as soon as I saw that you had deleted a second post of mine. Sharky kindly replied to me immediately saying that he was at that stage unable to access the messages and therefore couldn't comment further.

dod said:
My solution would be for those who want Private Forums for the reasons DB has outlined should have them but they should be viewable by all t2w members in exactly the same way as any other forum. However, only members of the specific Private Forum could post. Membership would be determined by the 'owner' of the forum, just as it is now. If someone applied to join, and was accepted, but then posted in a way that disrupted discussions, then his or her membership could be withdrawn. If someone who was known to have a disruptive influence applied to join, and wasn't accepted, I don't see that he or she could have any cause for complaint.

In other words, matters would be organised as they are now, but in public view. The only possible objection to this would be if what was being discussed on a Private Forum alluded disparagingly to non members, or was somehow 'exclusive' to members, neither of which (I assume) should be the case.

Unfortunately, this would not work. As it is now, there are only a few, like Roberto, who continue to snipe at the PV Forum and at me, in public, due to what they believe are terrible wrongs. Since Roberto in particular has shown no signs of winding down, it is likely that this particular burr will remain under his saddle for the rest of his life. If the PVF had never been public in the first place, none of this would be a problem.

By making the forums open to public view, whatever fights are avoided within the confines of the forums themselves would simply be transferred to a public thread somewhere, much as Roberto et al has done and is doing now. Unless the forum owner and the forum members simply block all of this out, all of the attendant distraction takes place anyway. The only difference is that the threads within the forum would be shorter than they would be if they included all the tantrums and the bombast.

In the case of the PVF in particular, there are two "classes" of thread. One is the general, having to do with setups or principles or mental preparation, etc. The other is the journals, which is what makes the forum unique and useful. Since few if any of the journalists would be maintaining these journals in public (even the private forum is too public for some), those efforts would end and there would be no point to continuing the forum at all.

Personally, I don't care. I don't require a pulpit. I can't think of anything I've said in the PVF that I haven't said over and over again in public over the years. The forum enables me to say it yet again, but only once, and anyone who's interested can go look for it, as with my book. Those who aren't needn't be subjected to it. If somebody wants instead to work with me privately, I may do so, but it won't be for free.

Those who aren't members would likely be surprised by how little goes on in my particular forum. The focus of it is the journals, and each journalist takes a different path. Therefore, there is no agenda other than the dearth of indicators. Sometimes these journals are set aside for weeks as the journalists regroup, or study, or tinker with some tweak. Some are abandoned when the journalist realizes he/she has no idea what he/she is doing and that research and study are in order (I've told more than one to stop trading until the plan is in place). What gets the views are not the charts I post or the excerpts I copy and paste but the journals themselves, as there is where the work is being done. I think it's great, because those who are actually doing the work rather than arguing about whether or not TA "works" or smarting over real or imagined slights are far more likely to make a success of all this.

Roberto said:
On the contrary, I did so as soon as I saw that you had deleted a second post of mine. Sharky kindly replied to me immediately saying that he was at that stage unable to access the messages and therefore couldn't comment further.

Yes, that would be the one that had to do with your comment on wrestling, which was after your comments on football and on a thread title.

You know, Roberto, if you weren't incapable of making on-topic posts, there would be no problem. But I can't very well expect you to assume any responsibility for what apparently has permanently stained your life.

Its blatently clear to me that certain people are here to do nothing other than antagonise people.

"Its blatently clear to me that certain people are here to do nothing other than antagonise people"....I disagree...you cannot be antagonised by someone else...you are only antagonised if YOU allow yourself to be so ...to be frank I am amazed at the lack of emotional control amongst people engaged in an activity that demands it in the highest possible way ! Ironical.

Is this the 200 post argument or the 400 post argument? (Shades of Monty Python)

Regards

bracke

Quote: 19.04.2005

I have devoted the better part of one year in an attempt to help members progress. It expires in 5 days.

I am not waiting another 5 days. This is likely to be my last post, as in contrast to all the nonsense on this website, I have much better things to do.

So now it is "down periscope", enjoy your rowing boats and you may bob about in them as much as you like from now on.

Ta Ta.

Quote: 15.04.2005

I joined last year on the 24th April, allowing myself one year to devote to helping people on this website. The year expires in 9 days. You must understand one gets bored with persistent nonsense and patent ignorance and rudeness.

Kind Regards, I am pleased it is of interest and benefit to you personally.

When these were posted by Socrates I used futurological input and predicted that they would be bluffs, and with unerring pinpoint accuracy I proved myself correct.
I, and i'm sure many other mere mortals were hoping he would actually do us a favour and honour his word by departing for good. I hope that the above quotes are enough irrefutable supportable documented evidence.
I just cannot see why such a self proclaimed trading legend would continue to waste his precious time posting the same things day after day after day after day. I'm sure he will prove me wrong and refrain from posting anymore.

Kind Regards as usual

LoisGriffin said:
Quote: 19.04.2005

I have devoted the better part of one year in an attempt to help members progress. It expires in 5 days.

I am not waiting another 5 days. This is likely to be my last post, as in contrast to all the nonsense on this website, I have much better things to do.

So now it is "down periscope", enjoy your rowing boats and you may bob about in them as much as you like from now on.

Ta Ta.

Quote: 15.04.2005

I joined last year on the 24th April, allowing myself one year to devote to helping people on this website. The year expires in 9 days. You must understand one gets bored with persistent nonsense and patent ignorance and rudeness.

Kind Regards, I am pleased it is of interest and benefit to you personally.

When these were posted by Socrates I used futurological input and predicted that they would be bluffs, and with unerring pinpoint accuracy I proved myself correct.
I, and i'm sure many other mere mortals were hoping he would actually do us a favour and honour his word by departing for good. I hope that the above quotes are enough irrefutable supportable documented evidence.
I just cannot see why such a self proclaimed trading legend would continue to waste his precious time posting the same things day after day after day after day. I'm sure he will prove me wrong and refrain from posting anymore.

Kind Regards as usual
Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! We are not taken in by your ploy, after all April Fool's Day was 26 days ago, so you are a bit late with this sort of nonsense, sillytonto. I only post if I have finished everything else to my satisfaction and not before, unlike you it seems.

Oh ! I have just realised, yet another girlie !

First of all Penelope, then Felicity, then Aylish, and now Lois. And how well versed "she" is in the style of my posting....and all of this in just a few days, like Aylish, who joins on April Fool's Day and PMs me a few days later to tell me she has read "all my posts". <G>.

This is how frustrated individuals behave, additionally when they are thwarted, if it were not so funny it would be pathetic.

LoisGriffin said:

I never have understood why someone would go to all the trouble of re-registering with an alias just for the purpose for posting something like this.

Another advantage of a private forum.

dbphoenix said:
there are only a few, like Roberto, who continue to snipe at the PV Forum and at me, in public, due to what they believe are terrible wrongs. Since Roberto in particular has shown no signs of winding down ...
I find your rudeness extremely offensive, DB.

dbphoenix said:
I can't think of anything I've said in the PVF that I haven't said over and over again in public over the years.
That's perhaps why you've been banned from another site.

dbphoenix said:
Yes, that would be the one that had to do with your comment on wrestling, which was after your comments on football and on a thread title. You know, Roberto, if you weren't incapable of making on-topic posts, there would be no problem. But I can't very well expect you to assume any responsibility for what apparently has permanently stained your life.
Your rudeness is really quite breathtaking! It's extremely easy to understand why internet forums get so very many complaints about your behaviour. I can only hope and trust, as many others do, that your days here will be limited.

At about 3.20pm today the dow decided to move up in quite a jerky fashion and while it was in full flow a small screw popped out of my pc . Is there any connection that anyone knows of?

As I find yours, Roberto. But I prefer to move on from it rather than complain about it in perpetuity. If you were do to the same, the subject would never come up again.

Private threads are fine. One can follow one's interest with like minded people without fear of classroom style disruption by those whose behaviour indicates the lack of a proper diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.