Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a recovery in equities? Plus some car manufactuter is posted losses agin today. Forget which one.

Doesn't really interest me. If i see a long entry at 5500 then I'll go long, right or wrong. It's a good level with 38 fib confluence from the rise from 4750.
Otherwise, I'll watch it retreat to 4750, which is another great level and the 50 fib from the Feb lows.

I might lose 2 or 3 trades before I win one and that's fine. I may not trade at all.

I know what you're saying regarding crude's heavy correlation with equities, but if i'm going to try to pre-empt equity rallies/pullbacks in order to trade crude then I may as well just trade the Dow. Having said that, you wouldn't find me long the Dow and short crude at the moment, or vice versa. Just as you wouldn't find me long eur/usd and long usd/chf at the same time.

When I try to get cute and trade news AND technicals I tend to find myself one step behind the market. I play what I see on the chart and try my best to ignore everything else.

Yeh equities are causing a bit of mayhem and bund isnt really giving much away.

I'm thinking dollar could be presenting a few opps as we retest lows. Indices dropping and the streoid boost off of the $60 rejection of oil all point to temp strength for me.
Dollar is fighting sideways with CAD and JPY but diff is $ hasn't had anywhere near as big a move. Not really sure what that means at the moment.

Bund trading in an interesting area (with bearish divergence setups on 1h/4h...)

Attachments

• bund_140509_confluence.gif
    bund_140509_confluence.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 169
EURUSD been in a 20pt channel 13560-80 for the last hour, at lows (since 6am).

May just have been dragged down to these levels along with cable and that may be why not taking out lows. May play a break lower with a tight stop.

When I try to get cute and trade news AND technicals I tend to find myself one step behind the market. I play what I see on the chart and try my best to ignore everything else.

I'm not trading news mate I'm looking at the charts. I'm just saying in you're long oil because of confluence etc and the equities fall through a key support, that varible has just affected the probablity of your trade going the way you want and you wont have seen it. All depends on how you trade though.

IMO the bund is in the middle of nowhere relative to recent PA

and I was long off the 60M IB this morning....mostly cuz everyone else is short teehee

May just have been dragged down to these levels along with cable and that may be why not taking out lows. May play a break lower with a tight stop.

Has broken below the channel, but if it pulls back into it I'd look to cut this as it may retrace to the highs.

Just what i'd do though, trade as you wish

Out for nowt.

If it's pulled back into the channel then it's probably only 50/50 that it'll go to a decent profit so, step back and re-evaluate.

gbpusd

A break down to the previous 1hr minor swing hi with confluence of the 23.6% fib of the 4106-5350 swi ng up [not shown] has seen a recovery from there with price challenging the most recent swing lows on 1hr, as I write this.

Near term that whole 5069-40 could well hold more demand with 5151-68 some light supply possible, 5190-5224 area possible supply also. I'll be looking for set-ups on the sub 1hr t/f's at these areas and others.

This is what I'm currently see-ing on 1hr;

G/L

2di0sc1.gif

Bund pins

Haven't been short yet at all.

Still waiting.

-Tom

Trader_Dante
I changed my name to post this .. Im not interested in a flame war but ...

I have been following your thread for a while and your MMT thread. I took the bund pin this morning because you said that you had been "waiting weeks for this" and "that thing is going to do its cheeks". Followed up by "This should be the easiest money you've ever made."
I realise that set-ups are only setups but when you make calls like that but I take the advice of more experienced traders on this thread. I even moved my stop out past 55 to avoid being taken out as you recommended.
I know trades don't always work and I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but it is really annoying for you then to say you did not even take the trade, even though both pins triggered.
Can you explain to me why you decided not to take the trade yet, and why you did not post the reason here?

Frustrated ...

Last edited:
Pin bar forming on the FTSE 1hr. Poking through the 38.2% fib level and resistance level around 4350. 50 and 200 sma's gave a "death cross" earlier today too...

Edit: ignore that, hasn't come to fruition

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.