Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader_Dante
I changed my name to post this .. Im not interested in a flame war but ...

I have been following your thread for a while and your MMT thread. I took the bund pin this morning because you said that you had been "waiting weeks for this" and "that thing is going to do its cheeks". Followed up by "This should be the easiest money you've ever made."
I realise that set-ups are only setups but when you make calls like that but I take the advice of more experienced traders on this thread. I even moved my stop out past 55 to avoid being taken out as you recommended.
I know trades don't always work and I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but it is really annoying for you then to say you did not even take the trade, even though both pins triggered.
Can you explain to me why you decided not to take the trade yet, and why you did not post the reason here?

Frustrated ...

Have I missed something here? Because that pin is in profit. If you're frustrated with it, exit for a small profit. Hardly anything to be annoyed about.

Just to add something to T-D's post,and Tom, apologies for stepping in but, I have once (and only once) traded a 'heads up' from this thread, or any other for that matter, and it was a daily pin bar on one of the indices when all indices were 'pinning'. I actually questioned on this thread whether another index was actually the better set-up because that was how it looked to me but went with the index mentioned because:

a) The heads up came from someone I respect
b) I received no answer to my question

I traded it.

And lost

If I had followed what MY analysis was telling me I would have traded the other index and the pin would never have been triggered, and I would have lost no money. As it was, I lost some cash but GAINED a lot more.

The simple lessons being:

Do your own analysis
No matter how good a trader is, they will get it wrong
If you are susceptible to being suckered into the hype that forums like this create then stop visiting them

To anyone reading this thread and hoping for market calls as a way to make money - you are financially committing suicide.

Learn to make your own judgements.

I'd rather be losing money than relying on someone else's view of the market place.

P.S. Ferguson - this is no way aimed at you as I am sure you traded what you saw. It just annoys me that there are probably people reading this thread looking for market calls without doing their own analysis.

Anybody taking a position based solely on another's analysis deserves to be parted from their money. You wouldn't drive your car with your eyes closed, guided only by your passenger (though that does sound like fun).

Anybody taking a position based solely on another's analysis deserves to be parted from their money. You wouldn't drive your car with your eyes closed, guided only by your passenger (though that does sound like fun).

The only person I would blind trade off their advice is spanish89 ;)

At least without a stop you're never wrong :)

But the reason people do it is to absolve themselves of responsibility.

If Trader Dante says the Bund is going to tank and it doesn't then Trader Dante is wrong and not Joe Bloggs who follows me.

That is why the novices and those with the incorrect mindset to make it in this game will always find tips so appealing.

It's not easy to say: "I don't know what I am doing, I got in a trade and I made a big mistake and it's all my fault" but it's very easy to say "some supposed guru on a forum made a call and the c*nt got it wrong".

Slightly off the current topic but, the downfall for newbies of the strategy you have taught so admirably Tom is that it is refererred to all over the shop as PASR.

It should be SR followed by PA.

Heads up on a potential setup.

1hr pin on Gbp/Jpy at an excellent s/r pivot with a fib cluster.

38 fib from the recent daily swing highs and the 61 from the last hourly swing high are literally right on top of each other.

This is not a trade I am taking but it's out there for anyone interested.

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 233
Trader_Dante
I changed my name to post this .. Im not interested in a flame war but ...

I have been following your thread for a while and your MMT thread. I took the bund pin this morning because you said that you had been "waiting weeks for this" and "that thing is going to do its cheeks". Followed up by "This should be the easiest money you've ever made."
I realise that set-ups are only setups but when you make calls like that but I take the advice of more experienced traders on this thread. I even moved my stop out past 55 to avoid being taken out as you recommended.
I know trades don't always work and I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but it is really annoying for you then to say you did not even take the trade, even though both pins triggered.
Can you explain to me why you decided not to take the trade yet, and why you did not post the reason here?

Frustrated ...

sucker :LOL:

this is why technical analysts are never wrong, and are amazing traders apart from the bank balance bit

Last edited:
Heads up on a potential setup.

1hr pin on Gbp/Jpy at an excellent s/r pivot with a fib cluster.

38 fib from the recent daily swing highs and the 61 from the last hourly swing high are literally right on top of each other.

This is not a trade I am taking but it's out there for anyone interested.

You in yet?

BTW, I've been watching GPB-JPY and EUR-JPY in the last couple of days.
Do they always follow each other so closely? I suppose it just depends how far the pound and Euro are diverging. Wish I'd got in on the down moves of the last couple of days, but wasn't watching at the right times. (Not 100% sure if I would have spotted them, either).
Will be interesting if this is the next one coming. (No, I'm not trading it; just watching it).
I thought it might go down from that 145.23-ish actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.