Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just doing these posts so I can learn how to take on 1h myself. I'm a 5m man, often picking exact (i mean within 5 pips) of tops and bottoms but i can never keep a good trade for long enough.

Update on cable.

Res - Pin + 14300 number + resistance line.
Support - pin + 14100 number + support line.

Hope this breaks so that it doesn't turn into the euro.

Also with ftse tanking...

killphill 08- i think we are both heading in the same direction, i defer to your better judgment on the levels. ...

Ok, first bounce was at 14180, only for a few. next 14200 probably. However:

If we reach 14300 it'll be a daily pin (perhaps) and with that combined with the floor on cable. We might be closing the w.e gap. Thoughts?

Gbpusd...false b/o of 1hr congestion re posts above

You can see from the screenshot that cable made a false break out of the 1hr congestion zone that had held since Monday straight into the 4hr potential support zone eliciting support there. The 2nd test of that zone on 02/02 produced a definate swing up so always likely that demand still existed here?

2qby5hh.gif

You can see from the screenshot that cable made a false break out of the 1hr congestion zone that had held since Monday straight into the 4hr potential support zone eliciting support there. The 2nd test of that zone on 02/02 produced a definate swing up so always likely that demand still existed here?

2qby5hh.gif

Nice one BBMac

Sorry - was too busy with some trades to post a chart earlier but the point alluded to there is the one I was talking about.

Long UJ at BO of resistance at 92.80

Sorry - it's after the point now...but at least my entry is on there :p

Attachments

• uj18thfeb.gif
    uj18thfeb.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 168
A Quick Question For You Pros's
On my MT4 (Fxprotrade) YMH9 (Dow Futures) chart the M30, 1H & 4H candles all seem to start at 15 minutes past the hour not on the hour...any one know how to correct this?

Thanks

Jeev

yep :eek: like a fool i thought i would trade some oil, spanish style, with a far too large a stop and unsuprisingly it all disappeared :LOL:

cheers for getting it sorted :D

yep :eek: like a fool i thought i would trade some oil, spanish style, with a far too large a stop and unsuprisingly it all disappeared :LOL:

cheers for getting it sorted :D

i thought you might have gone down the £20 a point route with 25pt stops and try and catch a pivot, that's what i would have done but still no guarantee it'll lead to glory.

The money is on there now, rep me up!!!!! (i want one of those gold stars LOL)

OK. If cable breaks 14275 it will only have to break 14300.

However, FOMC will decide the direction. Just thinking this might be a possiblity to trade.

Usually on NFP etc etc I look for a break into s/r then trade the opposite direction.

Anyway, point is, once cable breaks the 14300-14100 range it should make a decent move.

I would love this w/e gap to get filled.

Attachments

• opinions.jpg
    opinions.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Worthy of note...although not a potential set-up in realtime

OK. If cable breaks 14275 it will only have to break 14300.

However, FOMC will decide the direction. Just thinking this might be a possiblity to trade.

Usually on NFP etc etc I look for a break into s/r then trade the opposite direction.

Anyway, point is, once cable breaks the 14300-14100 range it should make a decent move.

I would love this w/e gap to get filled.

Nice thrust candle on 1hr, to break out of the previous supply zone (thrust candle = body of candle > 75% of whole candle-implies momentum)...W/e gap filled!

gbpusd current situation

Screesnhot shows the potential rbs zone-previous res/supply inbetween the red lines as well as the previous res/supp zone inbetween white dotted lines-potential res zone. Fibs are drawn from swing hi's at a and b to the lo at point c.

The 61.8 and 76.4% fib retrace (not shown) of the move up from the swing lo 4237 -point d, to current intraday hi falls in the potential rbs zone, as well as 38.2% fib of the move up from lo at point C to current intraday hi.

6qfdjk.gif

Edit: Have added the 1hr ascending potential support trend line joining points c and d- as yet untested

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.