Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m, 1hr and 4hr pins on Gold - may see a bit of retracement here. Odd that $ and gold are rallying at the same time - last time this happened was back in 2005?
Grim

Interesting - gold had a golden cross around that time in 05 too.
If there's a pullback on gold I'm looking to be in for a longer term swing.

Interesting - gold had a golden cross around that time in 05 too.
If there's a pullback on gold I'm looking to be in for a longer term swing.

Yep, we have golden cross on the 20/50 ema's and rising emas on the Gold ETFs too (Sharescope). I'll trade the pullbacks but my longer term ISA etc view is up.

In case you get a situation like last Thursday, will you be looking at the Nasdaq???? :)

I'm interested to know though how everyone is looking at levels?
I mean, the Dow is only a couple of percent from the Nov lows, whereas the S&P and Nasdaq are about 8% and 12% respectively.

what constitutes 'breaking the lows?' the individual market you are looking at or all three?

Goose

I don't care about the Nasdaq or the S&P. I'm watching the Dow only.

Soybeans

Bull flag on daily with the pullback to the lower part combined with the 50% fib.

Looking for a long here.

Attachments

• soy.gif
    soy.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 241
Gbp/Chf

Third touch of this rising TL will combine with the 50% retracement from low to high.

Buy if it has momentum into it.

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 241
Third touch of this rising TL will combine with the 50% retracement from low to high.

Buy if it has momentum into it.

So glad you posted this!... when I clicked the GBP-CHF tab on my MT4 was thrilled to
find I had marked the exact same trendline a few days back. In fact theres another one on the top which makes this a wedge.

Hell.. I'm becoming a propah trader! (well.. ish)

Guys I think we will see a break of the November lows in the Dow today now. There is some serious selling here.

when it hit 14230 i was expecting something a bit better than that.

Nice job on your sellage dante.

Reverse H&S plus double bottom on eur/gbp - Looks like it may now reverse and get back up above this H4 50ema. Lets see...

Guys I think we will see a break of the November lows in the Dow today now. There is some serious selling here.

TD Newbie here on T2W, been trading a while...first post on here - usual story, had mixed results but stopped trading after a short run of losses to read your long thread about set-ups and followed your link to J16 thread. Awesome stuff so just wanted to say thank you, you've obviously spent a hell alot of time putting that stuff together...it's been really useful and I am now starting to commit cash back to markets.

On the subject of the Dow currently, I trade on Telecharts and the guys in the states I talk to via the chat there have been having huge discussions lately about the retest of Nov lows you've been setting up for. Very interesting how so many people have been disagreeing and now those same people are talking about it going to 5500 this week. A big lesson for me here..always have the confidence of your convictions and trade what you see not what you hear. Good luck mate hope you get that private train in the next couple of days and thanks again!

I'm thinking the DOW has been oversold? Good convergance with PA and a few of the indicators and the Stoch' is coming off the lows. BTW, Does anyone know of a good site that shows the US 2yr/10yr yield spread?
(I don't trade indicies so take my penniesworth mit pinch o' salt!)

Big thumbs up to you TD, called Dow short against everyone else.... bit of respect earnt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.