Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claudia,
You sound like an ex work mate....... he had over a quarter of a million in hbos stock, it's pretty much worthless now..... please dont follow him!

Ps. As most old timers know, you NEVER try to pick the bottom (it's stinky in all circumstances) and you are definitely getting your finger out ready...... I can see it. PUT IT AWAY.

Hey Omni - what's all this about 'old-timers'? I take it you mean time in the market as we know you are not that old? LOL :)

Heads & Shoulders

Got out at 70. Elitejets just pointed out to me H&S on cable 1h. Still like the gapfill though.

KillPhill08, which H&S are you looking at?
If I'm correct theres a minor H&S with head at 1.4560ish (created over the last few days)
and a bigger bear H&S with head at 1.500. (created early Jan to present).

It looks like if the larger one breaks it will retest the long term support again.

Attachments

• gbpusdh&s.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 193
I've been in and out or Cable from the long side all morning. Having a bit of a frustrating day. It's relatively easy to get 20 pips onside but there is no follow through on these moves today.

I am looking for a gap fill where I will try and look for a sign that the right shoulder is beginning to form.

Very dull day, rejection from levels taking ages so needs big balls.

Euro just hit off overnight 12807.
I think i'll go long to fill the gap once it breaks this.

Some bullish candles on cable 1hour i think (im a scalper so dont quote me on that). Dante, The two mini pins on 1h indicates bullish? Or only bullish if there is another previous indicator of bulls for example insidebar.

Got most my pips this morning off a cable long. Just watching hammond + horizon on iplayer while scalping ftse. Up 60 ticks (on ftse) :D, so obvious today.

Attachments

• thereyougomate.jpg
    thereyougomate.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 260
  • daysscalps.jpg
    daysscalps.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Dow futures are at 7691.50
Nice call

Thanks :) Todays price action doesn't mean that much though. The US is closed and volume is light - with the negative close on Friday a drift lower was expected, imo.

Tomorrow is going to be intereresting though. I think we will take out the Thursday low at 7660 and then we will almost certainly have a good attempt at testing the November lows around 7345. I expect this will be quite heavily defended so prepare for that. The stops on my short positions will remain 600 ticks above this at 7950 to ride out any kind of BS squeeze higher - it's going to take a very genuine rejection to get me out now.

Where next if the November lows are taken? I will personally wait to see how the market acts and what new s/r it forms on the hourly / daily tfs but will also most likely try and get some out ahead of each big figure...7000, 6000, 5000etc.

I've been in and out or Cable from the long side all morning. Having a bit of a frustrating day. It's relatively easy to get 20 pips onside but there is no follow through on these moves today.

I am looking for a gap fill where I will try and look for a sign that the right shoulder is beginning to form.

That is interesting, I have been in and out from the G/U shotring it for 20/30 pips too. Nothing exciting and a boring day. I thought that the gap might not be filled and the H1 72/21 EMA direction would be in tact. There was not follow through from my side either:) Gold behave much better though.

Hi TD,

A question regarding the drawing of s/r levels when it comes to futures. Do you include the "evening session" data on your charts or do you draw in your levels according to just the regular trading hours? (for example YM regular trading hours being 9:30am EST to 4:15pmEST)

It seems you get a better picture using just the regular trading hours to me but I wanted to get your opinion on this.

Dunno like. Soros was saying about buying sterling above 1.4 and eurgbp selling below 9000. That was a few weeks ago though so probably load of crap now, lets see what the next wswing holds

Hi guys,.and girls,.
I've bin paper trading a strategy for five months now,.....and it's averaging me 200 pips per day,. the question I'd like to ask is,......how much is this system worth on the open market ?

Hi guys,.and girls,.
I've bin paper trading a strategy for five months now,.....and it's averaging me 200 pips per day,. the question I'd like to ask is,......how much is this system worth on the open market ?

It's worth only what anyone will pay for it. Which I doubt will be very much when there are plenty of setups delivering consistent pips discussed for free on here.

Jog on!

Hi guys,.and girls,.

You do potentially have a very short life on T2W though...

Hi guys,.and girls,.

Have you considered trading it? It's strange how many system developers work so hard making/papertrading the perfect strategy, then sell it as soon as they get it working. I'd just be excited about getting some real money on it. :rolleyes:

Look out, breakouts are about.

Thoughts? (Ignore downline, that was an accident).

Attachments

• chamone WATCH.jpg
    chamone WATCH.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 355
Hi guys,.and girls,.

Can you post your results of the last five months so we can see entry, exits, and what other rules you have applied to be able to take 200pips out of the market on daily basis (on average).

Would be useful for everyone i would think.

Thanks

Can you post your results of the last five months so we can see entry, exits, and what other rules you have applied to be able to take 200pips out of the market on daily basis (on average).

Would be useful for everyone i would think.

Thanks

Mate, don't waste your time...as if they are making 200 pips per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.