Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
MATE im out for 197 ticks ive gotta concerntrate on clients positions today, i think it will go lower but i've hit my target for the day so im gonna leave it alone at least until tonight. With regards to you feeling satisfied i'm just a better trader than you.

Hope everyone has a prosperous day!!

MATE im out for 197 ticks ive gotta concerntrate on clients positions today, i think it will go lower but i've hit my target for the day so im gonna leave it alone at least until tonight. With regards to you feeling satisfied i'm just a better trader than you.

Hope everyone has a prosperous day!!

197 ticks target for the day?!

Are you on a vacation or something?

Put the coco pops down and sell the Dax.

I tell you what mate, I am going to crack the Bunds if they get up to 60.

Keeping my eye on Eur/Gbp approaching resistance at 0.9086 confluence with the 50% fib from last swing high on the daily chart.

Retraced from here 30 jan, 2,3,4 feb. mmm Lets see.

Keeping my eye on Eur/Gbp approaching resistance at 0.9086 confluence with the 50% fib from last swing high on the daily chart.

Retraced from here 30 jan, 2,3,4 feb. mmm Lets see.

Just to add to that confluence, there is the 38.2% fib of the swing down from 9802-8635

ev3rbl.gif

G/L

Last edited:
Small 4h pin developing on 4h Gold with Fib confluence (23%) from Wkly low (start of rally) to high.
One to watch. Has come after a small retracement.
Grim

Just to add to that confluence, there is the 38.2% fib of the swing down from 9802-8635

ev3rbl.gif

G/L

Great chart bb, Ive not worked out how to post a chart yet, for all the chart pattern fans, there is head and shoulders on the daily.

Top of the left shoulder formed 13/14 jan - Head on the 26 jan, price is now retesting the top of the right shoulder formed beginning of feb which coincides with resistance at 0.9085

Yes...a few days...and it's seemed like an age...

Looking for 7450 as stated several times.

Although ultimately I see this going to 5000.

And no, I'm not talking this time. I'm actually short.

Infact, I am over 50% margined on this.

When you have no doubts...plunge ;)

Although today looks like we could break that support around 7800 soon, I doubt it's going to get much legs.

9500 before the summer :)

Although today looks like we could break that support around 7800 soon, I doubt it's going to get much legs.

9500 before the summer :)

Well, whatever really! You think 9.5k, I think 5k...all that matters is what we do...

I'm short massively and am about to make a killing.

I think the bottom may be tested today.

Sitting tight

It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine--that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon.
found here: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ev3rbl.gif

G/L

Spot on with your observations, I was looking at previous swing high on 4hr, got short at 9064,its bouncing right now off daily pivot hopefully it will go through.

Well, whatever really! You think 9.5k, I think 5k...all that matters is what we do...

Classic break and retest on YM, would you not say TD?

True, you know what they say about opinions :)

In any case, that drop on the open didn't last long and unless you were short from pre-market, your 'killing' will be less than my profit on longs ;)

Note: I'm talking about NQ (from open hi to open low: 15 pts, from low of day to high of day: 36 pts).
On the YM shorts might have had a bit more luck. But are you still holding after that V-reversal?

Last edited:
True, you know what they say about opinions :)

In any case, that drop on the open didn't last long and unless you were short from pre-market, your 'killing' will be less than my profit on longs ;)

Note: I'm talking about NQ (from open hi to open low: 15 pts, from low of day to high of day: 36 pts).
On the YM shorts might have had a bit more luck. But are you still holding after that V-reversal?

Call that a V reversal?!

Course I'm still holding...I told you, I'm going to make a lot of money on this one...I'm not going to get shaken out by some sucker rally...lol

How much did you make on your longs then? ;)

Call that a V reversal?!

It's what a call a V yes... Not perfect, since it took more time to get back up then to get down on the YM, but on the NQ you'll notice that the potential profit on longs was a lot more than on shorts. Not that it matters, because it's the behaviour behind it that's more important. And since I understand you are trading the YM, what I say about the NQ is probably irrelevant to you.

Course I'm still holding...I told you, I'm going to make a lot of money on this one...I'm not going to get shaken out by some sucker rally...lol

I don't understand why you would want to let price retrace 130 points (on the YM) back towards your entry point, when you could've easily taken profit, and re-entered.

How much did you make on your longs then? ;)

I was short from NQ 1215, scaled out around 1208. Then we continued higher, so I switched and went long around 1217. Resistance was around 1235, which is about when the YM hit 7825 and one could've re-entered shorts there, taking advantage of both directions of the market.

But it's not about how much points I made, or you made for that matter. It's about being flexible and open to what the market offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.