Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbpusd

It's a wide potential support zone on the Mthly chart, but cable in it now: see screenshot-

29dv0oj.gif

You could be right, Mthly chart has broken 2 ascending support trend lines and all the fib retrace levels bar the 76.4% (1.2983 area) of the move up from that low you pinpoint, 1.0473-2.1162....time will tell.

Like to get some opinions on this hourly pin on swissy

Attachments

• usdchf_pin.JPG
    usdchf_pin.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 133
You could be right, Mthly chart has broken 2 ascending support trend lines and all the fib retrace levels bar the 76.4% (1.2983 area) of the move up from that low you pinpoint, 1.0473-2.1162....time will tell.

Gbpusd...1.4060-1.3620 looks like the extent of this previous monthly swing lo zone (=previous support=potential support)

Hi jverho, sorry, I try to be constructive usually but there are a few people on here that tend to attack me when I post and help others - plus a lot of the time, the questions I see people ask are ones I've already answered many times. Nothing irritates me more than someone that says "can you just tell me X....sorry if you've answered this before but I can't be bothered to read through your threads as they are really long..."That's not aimed at you at all because you were just posting a chart...I'm just saying that sometimes it all gets a bit much and I decide its less hassle to just post smart ass comments and the wrong person gets the brunt of it, so apologies mate!

Hi Dante, no worries, my comment wast about you...:) I welcome constructive critique :clap:, and as long as it has some merit it is usually helpfull and takes things forward. I am here, bacause I am looking for of 'donkey free' forex forum where good traders exhage quality trading ideas (y) I hope this is one of them:D

Sell AUDUSD on potential for further risk aversion

Mkt: 0.6577 - Target : 0.6250 - Stop:0.6525

"
Arguments
1 AUDUSD bounced late late week and overnight as equity markets managed a dead-cat bounce ahead of president Obama's inauguration, but we suspect that the inauguration could be a buy the rumor, sell the fact phenomenon in terms of risk appetite - with a return to risk aversion favoring AUD weaker and the USD stronger.

2 The fundamentals in the Australian economy are unwinding rapidly and we are concerned about Australian exposure to the rapidly decelerating Asian export economies that Australia's commodity-based economy feeds. As well, domestic demand should continue to contract sharply as the credit bubble unwinds this year.
3 Technical: the recent bounce after the strong downdraft of late provides a reasonable entry level for testing a resumption of the downside after the Asian session's highs didn't hold overnight. "

(Source: SAXO Bank)

Chart AUD/USD

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 123
I am waiting for my mother or sister to tell me that the Pound is getting hit hard and ask me if it's going to parity.

As soon as they do I am going to buy it with everything I have.

They may be asking you very soon with articles like this (from the telegraph) in the papers...
Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

I can't find a chart with enough history to see the 2 decade support line he refers to.

Last edited:
Anyone care to join me for a spot of twig bird shooting? theres a certain half british/half japanese variety with my name on it! :D

Lesson learned ( written in the style of socrates/ presented in the style of ccclarete):idea:

"Be like a bird on the twig. Once the bird comes to know that the twig is going to break it flies off. If the bird holds on to the twig tightly, it will fall badly when the twig breaks. Similarly, if we get too attached to the things of this world, we will feel a lot of pain when these worldly transient things leave us, which they will do one day."

"A bird, perched on a small branch, knows that the branch may break at any moment; so it is very alert and wide awake, always ready to fly. It knows that if there is a hurricane or a strong breeze, the branch could suddenly break."

:idea::p:LOL::idea:

Last edited:
I am waiting for my mother or sister to tell me that the Pound is getting hit hard and ask me if it's going to parity.

As soon as they do I am going to buy it with everything I have.

It should nearly be there give it a week or two.
You may ask why, well I just dumped all my sterling based assets to $ as we broke 1.45 thats why.

GBP/USD Historical

We have to go back a long long way to find the all time high, in fact all the way to 1980. The high was 2.4540.

The pair has not been anywhere near there since. The all time low was in 1985 where it briefly hit 1.0463

Attachments

• gbpmonthly.gif
    gbpmonthly.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 174
I think there is going to be the dickens to pay in stocks today.

No way is this support at 7878 on the Dow going to last for long. Personally I would sell any rallies because when that goes, we're off to the lows for a double bottom...or armageddon! ;)

Long bonds all the way...

You have to take advantage of times like this as it's basically free money!

Last edited:
P.S. I don't mean that above statement in a cocky or arrogant way and it's not a joke. I mean, obviously timing is key in all markets BUT you have to know what's hot because that's where the money is going to be made. Right now CABLE is hot. Indices are HOT. This is where the big moves are going to occur and the volatility means money if you call it right.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.