Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good but I would get more indicators on your chart. Looks like you don't have enough. Need as many as you can get otherwise all you have to rely on is the price and surely the price can't tell you much?!?!

Isn't price something that happens whilst looking at your indicators as such it can be distracting, lol.

Looks good but I would get more indicators on your chart. Looks like you don't have enough. Need as many as you can get otherwise all you have to rely on is the price and surely the price can't tell you much?!?!

Your post is very condescending. If he makes money then surely that is all that matters. There's no right or wrong way to trade.

Sure, you are right we do have two variables...:smart: problem with FX is that true volume data doesn't exist.:-0 we can substitute this with tick volume data. Any suggestins on good indicators? I've used Chaikins MF, Accumulation/Distribution and On Balance Volume to get an idea of money flows

Sure, you are right we do have two variables...:smart: problem with FX is that true volume data doesn't exist.:-0 we can substitute this with tick volume data. Any suggestins on good indicators? I've used Chaikins MF, Accumulation/Distribution and On Balance Volume to get an idea of money flows

The more the merrier. Get some RSI in there. Stochastics are one of my favourites along with the MACD and Historgram. Bollinger bands are useful. Usually you get a nice reaction. You could also try throwing in some moving averages. I like the 10, 21, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 365. The 50's relation to the price is really good for the medium term trend. The ADX indicator is good for the trend too.

The more the merrier. Get some RSI in there. Stochastics are one of my favourites along with the MACD and Historgram. Bollinger bands are useful. Usually you get a nice reaction. You could also try throwing in some moving averages. I like the 10, 21, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 365. The 50's relation to the price is really good for the medium term trend. The ADX indicator is good for the trend too.

Mind you, Tom, by the time your pivots, trend lines. fibos from differing highs/lows and other stuff go into your set ups they can look pretty cluttered. And you used to like MVAs

Lines and channels and trends

Mind you, Tom, by the time your pivots, trend lines. fibos from differing highs/lows and other stuff go into your set ups they can look pretty cluttered. And you used to like MVAs

But you could colour them in and flog it as a work of art:D

But you could colour them in and flog it as a work of art:D

.. That's all very witty...:clap: I can see that tghis forum is more about smart ass comments than trading...?? :LOL:

...any of you comics made any trades lately...?? :cool:

Nice 4hr pins on GBPUSD, GBPYEN and USDCAD.
No real confluence on the £ pairs other than being at lows not seen since 2002!

Ignore CAD - busted to upside, but that was expected as there was no real SR level or fib on my chart.

Last edited:
.. That's all very witty...:clap: I can see that tghis forum is more about smart ass comments than trading...?? :LOL:

...any of you comics made any trades lately...?? :cool:

Hi jverho, sorry, I try to be constructive usually but there are a few people on here that tend to attack me when I post and help others - plus a lot of the time, the questions I see people ask are ones I've already answered many times. Nothing irritates me more than someone that says "can you just tell me X....sorry if you've answered this before but I can't be bothered to read through your threads as they are really long..."That's not aimed at you at all because you were just posting a chart...I'm just saying that sometimes it all gets a bit much and I decide its less hassle to just post smart ass comments and the wrong person gets the brunt of it, so apologies mate!

Hi jverho, sorry, I try to be constructive usually but there are a few people on here that tend to attack me when I post and help others - plus a lot of the time, the questions I see people ask are ones I've already answered many times. Nothing irritates me more than someone that says "can you just tell me X....sorry if you've answered this before but I can't be bothered to read through your threads as they are really long..."That's not aimed at you at all because you were just posting a chart...I'm just saying that sometimes it all gets a bit much and I decide its less hassle to just post smart ass comments and the wrong person gets the brunt of it, so apologies mate!

Oi chill!!! Have some coco pops!!

Some Good Setups

Here is an update on the SHP Equity trade I posted a few days ago.

Attachments

• SHP 20JAN.gif
    SHP 20JAN.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 155
  • SHP 20JAN II.gif
    SHP 20JAN II.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 165
Some Good Setups

A great EURCHF short trade off key level...

Attachments

• EURCHF 20JAN.gif
    EURCHF 20JAN.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 168
Some Good Setups

Everyone was waiting for this entryin EURGBP, how many caught it.

Attachments

• EURGBP 20JAN.gif
    EURGBP 20JAN.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 184
Some Good Setups

EURUSD, i have been watching the downtrend and catching parts of the ride.

Attachments

• EURUSD 20JAN.gif
    EURUSD 20JAN.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 177
Some Good Setups

NZDUSD got to a historical big level.... was an obvious pair to watch and then take short

Attachments

• NZDUSD 20JAN II.gif
    NZDUSD 20JAN II.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 159
Some Good Setups

And last but not least, the USDCAD Trader_Dante spoke of.
There were entries off every time frame on this sucker.

Good Setups dont come up all the time but if you keep your eyes open, the 8/10 and even 9/10 trades really do offer themselves.

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• USDCAD 20JAN.gif
    USDCAD 20JAN.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 176
First Class Omni - and thanks for taking the time to post too, looks like you've been busy mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.