Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usdcad

Morning All

On USD CAD, i have a H4 pin from overnight that is sitting on 10320 level indicating a buy. This is a pivot line providing support in July 07, and resistance a few times this year.

However this would be catching a falling dagger given the weekly pinbars at the top of the current downmove.

Not sure i'd have the guts to take it though. Just wondering what other people think about going against such a strong move?

Shane

picture.php

picture.php

Potential 1 hr pin forming on USDCHF testing previous support as resistance and also confluence with fib pulled from the Dec 07 high to March 08 low. Chance to get in on the current move down from Friday's pin?

Edit: Pin didn't form in the end

Last edited:
Just install MSN and chat away ;)
Private message me if you want my msn / hotmail email address.

Omni and I are on MSN. Best way to do it would probably be to have a group conversation rather than a specific chat room. PM me if you have MSN and want to be added. - Tom

Wheat, Cable, EuroUSD, USDCHF, GBPYEN, EURYEN and Oil (phew!) all on good SR levels. A few to watch for action today!
Grim

Went short USD/YEN, trendline, 23.60 and 144/169 MA confluence. 105.88 was entry. First target the 105.12? 104.95 is the 38.2 fib from March to August.

Looks like shift in momentum is occuring on oil, as with the european dollar pairings on 23.6 levels (GBP, EUR, CHF). Nicely spotted grim.

Attachments

• usd-yen setup.JPG
    usd-yen setup.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 177
Went short USD/YEN, trendline, 23.60 and 144/169 MA confluence. 105.88 was entry. First target the 105.12? 104.95 is the 38.2 fib from March to August.

Looks like shift in momentum is occuring on oil, as with the european dollar pairings on 23.6 levels (GBP, EUR, CHF). Nicely spotted grim.

Hi Si1503

also took the same pin at 10568 - was thinking the first suppot a little higher at 105.20. But fairly similar so let's see how we go.

Skelly Ive been looking at $/cad as well. I was thinking of a short if the 4hr bar makes a double high lower close under hte s/r pivot. (By the way, the 4hr will end at 1pm here)
edit: didnt close lower so no trade just yet.

Attachments

• usdcad_w1.gif
    usdcad_w1.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 152
  • usdcad_d1.gif
    usdcad_d1.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 143
  • usdcad_h4.gif
    usdcad_h4.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Is that a pin bar on the 1h gold (0.1)

Hi Doberman

Are you referring to the midday-1pm, one (third from last on the attached)?
If so, it doesn't really stick its nose out very far imo.

I've also got a S/R @ 914 (attached weekly), so I'm looking for a sell signal (omni & others may see it differently)

good luck if you took it
Paul

Attachments

• Daily Spot Gold (23-SEP-08).png
    Daily Spot Gold (23-SEP-08).png
    11.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Weekly Spot Gold (23-SEP-08).png
    Weekly Spot Gold (23-SEP-08).png
    14.7 KB · Views: 117
Hi paulking
Thanks for the reply well it turns out your where right,
i did not take it and will be be keeping an eye on it to short,
please post if you also do

Trade Update

Hi All.

just wanted to post a quick update about the usdCad trade I have been in.

To recap the initial entry was at 10770 on the 4H chart and after going about 200 pips in my favour it came withing 20 pips of stopping me out which would have been a 55 pip loss but fortunately I held on. I had another order at 10530 which was below the Pin from the weekly chart.

After this triggered it raced away all the way down to a low today of 10305 (465 pips up!!). Had I been monitoring it more closely I may have taken half here but it retraced back up to around 10400 and formed a small Pin bar on the hourly and my charts also show a Pin bar on the 4H so looks like 10400 is providing good resistance.

I have added another small position on the break of the hourly Pin at 10366 with a stop above the Pin. I still have not moved my stop from the initial 10830. This just seems rediculous now as the trade is up over 400 pips!!

I am not really sure what to do with the stops as I initially entered on the 4H added on the Weekly and now added on the hourly. My current thinking is to handle these as 3 seperate trades each on their own time frame.

I think some of you also may be in this trade, possibly from the break of the weekly pin so any advice would be welcome.

UsdCad_update.JPG

Trade Update 2

The other trade I am still in is short EurGbp.

Entry was on the weekly chart at 8050. This hit a low last week at around 7850 and then retraced strongly on Friday by about 130 pips from the low.

Today it has contined to move down again. Still have not moved the stop. Will see what the rest of the week brings. I will monitor the PA at the 7800 area and possibly move the stop to BE then.

Omni you still in this one?

Ljr

My 4hr USD/CAD does not look like yours Ljr

The last 12 bars are the same in both my MT4 and my SB account

I even have some discrepencies between MT4 and SB accounts after the 12th bar only, the last 12 bars are ok !

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• USDCAD data from Finspreads.JPG
    USDCAD data from Finspreads.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 126
  • USDCAD data from MT4.JPG
    USDCAD data from MT4.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.