Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use MetaTrader. It's one of the best chart packages out there and gives you real time data on FX and most commods too if you get it from North Finance.

Hi TD
Just download MT4 from North Finance...I have the demo version...I can see all the currency pairs, gold/silver and a few CFD Shares, but I can't see Crude and the grains...can you help...or is it not available on the demo version?

Is the demo version real time or delayed?
Jev

Hi TD
Just download MT4 from North Finance...I have the demo version...I can see all the currency pairs, gold/silver and a few CFD Shares, but I can't see Crude and the grains...can you help...or is it not available on the demo version?

Is the demo version real time or delayed?
Jev

Right click on the market watch window (with all the quotes in) and then choose "Show All".

Tom

Mr Dante, have you seen the inside bar on crude daily chart, it occurs at 61.8 fib (most recent swing high 122 to swing low 90)...whats your thoughts mate?

looks like aapl could be setting up for a rally alongide the broad market.

Attachments

• aapl.gif
    aapl.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 166
dec wheat

bearish outside bar for the wheat players

Attachments

• Wheat 12-08.png
    Wheat 12-08.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 152
Mr Dante, have you seen the inside bar on crude daily chart, it occurs at 61.8 fib (most recent swing high 122 to swing low 90)...whats your thoughts mate?

I'm still not sure how to play the IB's...also when looking for an IB does one look at the whole bar i.e the high/low...or does one look at the body itself i.e open/close...similar question for the preceding bar?

Thanks TD found them...

Usdcad

I have a bullish daily pin bar on my USDCAD. Its Alpari so not sure what it will look like on other charts. It is off the 1.0320 pivot level, against the recent down trend.

Shane

picture.php

Eurjpy

good spot skelly; trouble is there is no hard and fast rules to trade them; they can be continuation or reversal patterns... a couple of ways to trade them are

* enter on a break of the high of the breakout bar, stop below candle setup

* enter on a break of the most recent swing high

* enter on a retracement / retest of the breakout

* targets can either be at the "top" of the pattern, or, add the patterns "length" on top of where the pattern broke...

(obviously replace high with low if it breaks downwards)

... keep an eye on the candle Price Action and try to identify a trade in amongst it; not much help, but trading patterns needs a bit of discretion.

One of these wedge breakout jobbie's:
4Hr chart. going to sit this one out and observe.

picture.php

Also one on AUSUSD H4

Last edited:
I have a bullish daily pin bar on my USDCAD. Its Alpari so not sure what it will look like on other charts. It is off the 1.0320 pivot level, against the recent down trend.

Shane

picture.php
Shane,

Take a look at the weekly chart. There is currently a bearish weekly pin in play. And Ljr's posts above. Just something to be aware of. TD raised a similar issue with me last week when i was looking to go long on a trade against a weekly pin per his charts.

Glen

Ftse's broken a daily IB down, 30M IB has formed too. R at 5100 though...H1 pin into this.

edit: another 30M IB

edit 2:
20080925-pik3fdpupixmdhyni8rs7byd8w.preview.jpg

There she goes ^^

Last edited:
Shane,

Take a look at the weekly chart. There is currently a bearish weekly pin in play. And Ljr's posts above. Just something to be aware of. TD raised a similar issue with me last week when i was looking to go long on a trade against a weekly pin per his charts.

Glen

Thanks Glen and Spurs. I'd better keep looking at the bigger picture!!

What do you think about the weekly upward TL though? my weekly shows a that the price is approaching this upward TL. Possible continuation of upward movement?
Would i be right in saying that you would be looking for something atleast as significant as a weekly PB upwards off the TL before you would consider going long? makes sense i guess! Of course the monthly shows a huge downtrend.

Thanks guys

Hi all

I joined T2W at the beginning of the month. What markets do u look at here or is it a free for all?

I have been posting under Trading Journals, It's all about the pips but not sure if i am in the right place as i want to discuss live opportunities as they happen and not what happened yesterday. If that makes sense...I study GOLD, CRUDE, EURUSD & CABLE.

If anyone wants to discuss live trades as they happen in the am then great...

D

Hi D
I have just getting to grips with TD's teachings once I have understood them then I would like to post my thoughts on the markets you are interested in...hopefully from Oct I will get back to my old profit days...confidence returning!!

Thanks Glen and Spurs. I'd better keep looking at the bigger picture!!

What do you think about the weekly upward TL though? my weekly shows a that the price is approaching this upward TL. Possible continuation of upward movement?
Would i be right in saying that you would be looking for something atleast as significant as a weekly PB upwards off the TL before you would consider going long? makes sense i guess! Of course the monthly shows a huge downtrend.

Thanks guys

Shane,

I wouldn't be looking for anything specific to line up off the TL. Price could well just plough stright through it. We just got to sit tight and see what the charts show us.

Take a look at the Weekly chart below. Price looks like it has a head of steam and could go through the S/R and the TL. However, if you look at the Daily chart you can see there appears to be some restance at the S/R. The Daily chart could just be showing us that there is some resitance but that resistance could well give way and price could continue down.

What we do have here is 2 strong resistance points which we should watch closely.

Hope this helps, just my view.

Glen

Attachments

• USDCAD Weekly.JPG
    USDCAD Weekly.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 187
  • USDCAD Daily.JPG
    USDCAD Daily.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: BSD
Shane,

I wouldn't be looking for anything specific to line up off the TL. Price could well just plough stright through it. We just got to sit tight and see what the charts show us.

Take a look at the Weekly chart below. Price looks like it has a head of steam and could go through the S/R and the TL. However, if you look at the Daily chart you can see there appears to be some restance at the S/R. The Daily chart could just be showing us that there is some resitance but that resistance could well give way and price could continue down.

What we do have here is 2 strong resistance points which we should watch closely.

Hope this helps, just my view.

Glen

Ok thanks Glen, I'll keep an eye on this this one for now so. Cheers for charts.glad to see i have the same major lines on the weekly. need to work further on interpretation of the overall senario.

Shane

Hi D
I have just getting to grips with TD's teachings once I have understood them then I would like to post my thoughts on the markets you are interested in...hopefully from Oct I will get back to my old profit days...confidence returning!!

Hi Jev

No problem... Just trying to bring interest to my thread. Sometimes i feel its just me and my PC. I'll go mad soon!!!

It is all about the pips but why not have fun with the pips..

D

Status
Not open for further replies.