Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omni,
Not trading just watching now although I have missed out on the latest part of the gold move. I've never seen a price rocket so much, esp in Gold. It's up 81 pips so far today!
I'm rubbish at estimating the strength of a move; I just applied the pattern width as my target and got out there. This has doubled the pattern width!
Has someone declared Nuclear War today and forgot to tell the media? LOL!!

I see gold has nudged up a bit this afternoon. LOL!
Nice one grim thats the best thing Ive ever seen, unbefeckinglievable :)
Check out where silver is .......

Attachments

• h4_silver.gif
    h4_silver.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 176
Typical! Went for dinner and E/USD and Cable shot out of their patterns too! Excellent cup and handle pattern on cable 4hr tf!
Still, I said I was not trading today so there will be back tomorrow!

What are your key levels now for gold then?
I have S at 845 and R above current price at 883 and 919
Will the Asian markets join the rally or sell it overnight??

Grim

Last edited:
EURJPY is trending great 4hr tf Drawn the trend line from the highs. I've been trading it for a few days now. I've given up on gold though. ****ing nora!

E/USD
On strong down TL from dailys and trading within a tight rectangle on the 1hr charts. Force Index and MACD down and R level at TL cross circa 14411 area. Could see some action here very soon. Triple hit of that R level now. Could see the price breakdown.
Grim

Last edited:
E/USD
On strong down TL from dailys and trading within a tight rectangle on the 1hr charts. Force Index and MACD down and R level at TL cross circa 14411 area. Could see some action here very soon. Triple hit of that R level now. Could see the price breakdown.
Grim

Eur/Usd weekly i have as a hammer off weekly 50% fib, weekly support and t-line levels, makes me reticent to take any shorts at the moment.

took the long on the e/u break,@144.07 jus closed @144.89 cos of the last bearish pin of confluence.concidering a short??
nice call grim. i trade these short term pattern (etc) breaks whichever way they run. thinkin of shorts would have made me miss the break.the trick is on this time frame (imo) is to either take your profits fast or protect the poss fast. just my rant for the day
did you take the long??

took the long on the e/u break,@144.07 jus closed @144.89 cos of the last bearish pin of confluence.concidering a short??
nice call grim. i trade these short term pattern (etc) breaks whichever way they run. thinkin of shorts would have made me miss the break.the trick is on this time frame (imo) is to either take your profits fast or protect the poss fast. just my rant for the day
did you take the long??

Saw a good chance to short at 1.4536 and took it. I'm wondering how much that move will retrace before TP's. What do you guys think?

Saw a good chance to short at 1.4536 and took it. I'm wondering how much that move will retrace before TP's. What do you guys think?

just my 2ps worth but i havnt taken this pin. i would expect sup at around .20-30 ish for starters. i am holding back till the break of 144
good luck,
to me ,todays high represents the begining of the end for this current down trend or at least some respite, hh hl etc on the 4h tf shows the bounce AND (for now) the continuation.

The EUR/USD pin doesn't feel right to me.

Good call on Oil. I was long from $92.00 only yesterday but got taken out on the first failure of resistance yesterday morning/afternoon. Reaffirming once again that a trader should not be too quick to protect profits if they are buying a market after a very long fall or selling after a very sharp rise. The reversals can be violent and can be much further than anticipated. Pullbacks against your position will happen. It is the natural movement of the market. Try and hold your balls and stand firm. Easier said than done. I know this - look at the calls on my journal. In all the right trades but somehow not seeing the moves out...which confirms something else. Don't think that having a professional setup or being around other professionals can give you an edge. My trading is worse now than it was before I became one.

As an aside, I'm not in anything at the moment other than long Soybeans.

didnt like the e/u pin either....does this mean iv learned something????!!!! lol
probably jus good luck!!hehe

Cable finally trying a decent push to the upside from overnight channel.

Which could explain the eur and chf pins if they fail

Last edited:
1Hr pin on USD/CAD off support at 10580 region. Present bar has broken it but is consolidating at its midrange now. Might be worth watching for a break up.

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.