Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
JonJ
I didn't take the break on E/USD as I was watching gold and missed the major part of the move. The target was only the width of the pattern and that has been reached. Good to see this pattern work turing out well though. Glad to see you got on board too JonJ!
On the 4hr Tf we have a rising PA but the MACD and Force are diverging.

I don't like the look of cable. I'm dubious. Who'd want the £ over the $ at a time like this? On the plus side the handle has now formed and been broken of a good cup and handle pattern on the 4hr.
Think I'll just watch cable from the sides!

Wheat

Anyone watching this?

It's a 2 bar pin. 43 risk plus spread. It's a rubbish chart as it's all my SB broker has. I managed to find a chart on the CBOT site and it appears to have been rejected from a resistance line dating back to Sep/Nov 07.

Glen

Attachments

• Wheat.JPG
    Wheat.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 214
Gold may be about to blow again looking at the patterns. Rising support and static R again on 5, 15 and 1hr

Anyone watching this?

It's a 2 bar pin. 43 risk plus spread. It's a rubbish chart as it's all my SB broker has. I managed to find a chart on the CBOT site and it appears to have been rejected from a resistance line dating back to Sep/Nov 07.

Glen

I watch this market very closely. Good call on the 2 bar pin but we are already trading well above that in electronic trading.

All the grains are looking strong. I am long Soybeans.

The EUR/USD pin doesn't feel right to me.

As an aside, I'm not in anything at the moment other than long Soybeans.

Hi TD
When looking to enter a trade on the grains do you wait for the live CBOT market times or will you enter even in the electronic trading times purely going on your chart patterns in the elctronic hours...I supposes this question would be relevant for NYMEX trades too?
Jev

Hi TD
When looking to enter a trade on the grains do you wait for the live CBOT market times or will you enter even in the electronic trading times purely going on your chart patterns in the elctronic hours...I supposes this question would be relevant for NYMEX trades too?
Jev

If I am spreadbetting the problem is solved because the market is closed during the electronic session.

If I am at work I will enter on the electronic session if I see something.

In the case of this Beans trade I am long overnight. Entry was at 1132.

That Soy trade looks amazing TD. My charts have it at 1496 currently! Good call! Clean up for the month on that one!
Grim

Interesting bit of PA on audjpy hourly.

1) The price is over - or at least hovering about - a recent pivot area.
2) A double high pair of bars.
3) A pin after the highs
4) rsi divergence on h4 and daily.

Looks good for a 1:1 at least to me.

Attachments

• h1_audjpyr.gif
    h1_audjpyr.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 142
  • h4_audjpyr.gif
    h4_audjpyr.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 143
That Soy trade looks amazing TD. My charts have it at 1496 currently! Good call! Clean up for the month on that one!
Grim

Er...its only at 1149...if you are looking at it on MetaTrader, remember to right click on the Market Watch window and choose "Show All". Then scroll down and use the NEW Soybean contract which is SX8.

You have to do this each month (or quarter) in the futures markets. Make sure you are not looking at old prices :)

I watch this market very closely. Good call on the 2 bar pin but we are already trading well above that in electronic trading.

All the grains are looking strong. I am long Soybeans.

TD,

Just took a look at the weekly chart (obviously not completed, but 3 days so far) and it's a good looking pin (3 days). Top of which comes in at 739 so if i get filled up to there i will be happy with the risk.

Couldn't get long soybeans as my charts didn't show the same story as yours.

Glen

I have virgin broadband - very good service apart from my router used to reset itself. Virgin are ahead of the rest due to the fact they're lines are through cable - already with fibre optics (they aren't through wires...). ADSL is currently limited to 24mb in the uk until they release the new system or something (split the cable into lines, small users get less lines than big users), cable can run up to 100mb/s eventually i think. Back on topic I read about the 2 screen topic before:

Here's a tip, if you want a free CRT usually 19" or bigger or £20 tft's - go to gumtree.com; I got 2 19" ones from there to go along with my 19"tft. As for connecting; most graphics cards have 2 outsockets - VGA and DVI, unfortunately most monitors only take VGA; you can get DVI to VGA adaptors for ~£10.

Sorry this post is a mess! Hope it helps!

PS. quick google edit : thinkbroadband :: Virgin Media radio advertising 'fibre optic' broadband confuses users

Hi KillPhil
What meg service do you subscribe to on Virgin and what speeds do you actually get?
Jev

I think it's 10mb. It's inbetween the lowest and the highest type you can get.

It's extremly fast for downloads. Right now my metatrader is reading 19551/16kb connection if that helps. (Don't get bytes and bits confused for downloading things, bandwidth is measured in bits). I just did a quick bandwidth test and it read 2000kbps - keep in mind that i have other stuff running.

For downloads i usually get 2000-6000 i think. All I know is "movies" download fast!
Hope that helps, I'll PM you when I find out what package I have!

PS. 1.4536, TP 1st lot 1.4355

EDIT: i had wireless downloading on my other laptop - hence low speeds

Last edited:
Looking closely at the aud/usd at the moment. Now it is at 2nd stage of vegas tunnel. 1 hour

Not a fantastic mover though generally.

Looks like that 1hr pin turned into a 4hr pin now on E/USD. Good strong rejection of the double SR at the daily down trend line and 14411 level. Sadly, I was not involved in this one.

Support below though at 14277 maybe or at the downtrend line?

Gold looks like it's struggling to retain the momentum? Lots of pins at the top of the move lead me to believe the battle between bulls and bears has not been won yet. I'm inclined to think of a fall from this level?

WRONG!! Good job I was only watching this one! Grim

Attachments

• eusd.gif
    eusd.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.