Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gang,i liked the look of that 4hr pin us cad that 1 pip posted,and thought i will have some of that

Attachments

• uscad.gif
    uscad.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 195
after the very bullish daily candle yesterday,top of the range @ 1.0330ish is a likely 1st target

I had a nibble myself even though I said I wasnt, less then 1% risked though. I put 3% aside to use to try and get long of gold before the break, wasted one bullet yesterday on a really tight stop, couldnt see anywhere to fire the other two today so broke one in half and threw it at usdcad instead... if I can get a few quid for the gun on ebay I should be @ b/e before sundown :cool:

edit: spurs my thoughts on target are about the same as yours, next one about 470 ?

Last edited:
Looks like we are going to get another pin bar on the Tech100. This time is still be off the 61.8 fib as apposed to a fresh air dangler..... anyone tempted on long indices yet? I am not, but might see if it can give a 4hr timeframe entry.

Sorry no graph.

Audjpy

Hi Guys

Any body looking at AudJpy. H4 pin off good S/R from Daily chart

Ljr

Attachments

• AUDJPY.JPG
    AUDJPY.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 159
Hi TD & Fellow traders,

One of TD's follower from the earlier thread. Just thought to share idea about what i saw in usdjpy.....your opinion would show more insight...though am not sure to get fiblines in oanda chart i plotted with fibretracement....(is it ok)? Pin circled is dated 30-Jun-08....

Cheers
Fxbee

Attachments

• pin - usdjpy 01-jul-08.jpg
    pin - usdjpy 01-jul-08.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 198
FTSE Pin 4H

Very good looking Pin on FTSE 4H.

Attachments

• ftse-pin-4H.JPG
    ftse-pin-4H.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 178
Hi atrim

Body of pin looks little big....?! not sure if am right...i saw the last two bars and felt body is bit long....anyway let me know....!

Cheers
Fxbee

Did you guys take the AUD/JPY pin yesterday?

I entered at 10111.5 on the break of the pin. Its now up around the 10220 level so going well. I saw 10200 as the first problem area and its holding above that. If it breaks 10285 I think it should test the recent swing high around 10360. I have not moved my stop yet and not sure where to move it too. Anybody got any views?

Thanks

Hi all,
seems to be a solid bearish pin formed on EURUSD. It is coming off resistance at 1.5840 level from the 9th June.
NT

I entered at 10111.5 on the break of the pin. Its now up around the 10220 level so going well. I saw 10200 as the first problem area and its holding above that. If it breaks 10285 I think it should test the recent swing high around 10360. I have not moved my stop yet and not sure where to move it too. Anybody got any views?

Thanks

Hi Ljr,

I've moved my stop up to 105.50, below previous 4hr bar. Gives the trade room to move, but starting to lock in some profit. I will look to move stop up to below the 102ish pivot if px continues to head north. I'm still playing around with the trailing of mys tops, can't seem to get get the right balance between letting my profits run and giving them all back! :(

Sorry, should have specified timeframe for bearish pin on EURUSD - it's 4H. This is off resistance 'zone' in May and June

Hi Ljr,

I've moved my stop up to 105.50, below previous 4hr bar. Gives the trade room to move, but starting to lock in some profit. I will look to move stop up to below the 102ish pivot if px continues to head north. I'm still playing around with the trailing of mys tops, can't seem to get get the right balance between letting my profits run and giving them all back! :(

Hi Arf

Yes difficult to get the balance right. I have entered with a small position so will be looking to add. I'll look out for a retrace and then if it looks right, add and move my stop up. If it keeps going up without much retrace then will also probably move stop to below previous H4 bar.

Thanks

Yes.. I did take your call. The pin you showed looked awesome.

However I've closed my positions today morning to gather the cavalry (i.e margin)
for a good short on FTSE today.

I'm operating a very small demo account :LOL:

Hi

I did entered in USDJPY daily pin...so far good, entered @ 106.500 with sl @ 104.949, 107.180 could be possible initial target... lets see...

Fxbee

Moved my stop up on usdcad, looks to be struggling a bit. Another pin formed and the MA channel is pretty much on side so looked a good place to put stop,

Attachments

• usdcad_h4.gif
    usdcad_h4.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.