Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
gold seems to have broken to the upside!nice daily inside bar break on the upper trend line,good confirmation of the pattern break imo.could go a long way if its going to play catch-up with oil ??

dax going down down down and a little 1 hour pin on the ftse!?

ftse might be good. I saw this 15min pin before I went out this morning , didnt trade it though, hourly might look good ?

Attachments

• ftse_15m.gif
    ftse_15m.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 184
gold seems to have broken to the upside!nice daily inside bar break on the upper trend line,good confirmation of the pattern break imo.could go a long way if its going to play catch-up with oil ??

dax going down down down and a little 1 hour pin on the ftse!?

Agree on gold, and look what started the move... a pin bar on the daily :)
Ive got a level marked just where it is now, although its not the most obvious could be something to watch out for.

Attachments

• gold_d1.gif
    gold_d1.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 179
hi pip,check uot the swings inside the triangle pattern,its given a good trigger on EVERY bounce!whether its been a pin ,morning star or whatever.The power of pa!!:(lol

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    46.5 KB · Views: 194
It has, lots of trades in that triangle! I might join you in long gold... IB just under s/r level on the hourlies, still 10 mins to go but looking good (y)

edit:
Ive put order in, entry: 934.60 stop: 932.00 targets: 940.00 and then 952.00
If it gets stopped out Ill put another in, and if that gets stopped out Ill put another in, if that gets stopped out I might give up lol

Last edited:
what do you guys think ,bullish 4h or bearish 1h??
personally like the 1hour short setup ??:eek:

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 196
  • update2.gif
    update2.gif
    43 KB · Views: 161
Ide stay out myself until 4hr is complete, look at the daily chart...

Attachments

• usdchf_d1.gif
    usdchf_d1.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 196
Ide stay out myself until 4hr is complete, look at the daily chart...
its turnin into a outside bar,still 45 mins to go,
no 1h pin but isnt that rising three bearish if it closes like one??(y)
EDIT: forget that!!

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    42.3 KB · Views: 171
Gold stopped out. Looks like some support has been found between the MA channel, Im going to wait for something better before firing any more bullets. Maybe see if it does break upwards, then wait for a pin above the s/r line at 935.xx ...

Attachments

• gold_h1.gif
    gold_h1.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 177
same here now omni... perhaps I was a bit too patient with that trade, (or stubborn!!) Oh well, at least it didnt cost anything.

Good looking pin on daily USDJPY off top of broken weekly downtrend line, also GBPJPY off a good level, they need to hold up for a few hours yet though. My Short EURJPY and AUDJPY orders have opened so these arent the best things I wanted to see! look quite good though, will check them out around 23:00pm (y)

same here now omni... perhaps I was a bit too patient with that trade, (or stubborn!!) Oh well, at least it didnt cost anything.

Good looking pin on daily USDJPY off top of broken weekly downtrend line, also GBPJPY off a good level, they need to hold up for a few hours yet though. My Short EURJPY and AUDJPY orders have opened so these arent the best things I wanted to see! look quite good though, will check them out around 23:00pm (y)

hmm, my posts arent showing up........................................................

Wheat

Omni,

i'm out on my wheat trade. out at initial risk. 38 points.
I should have had my stop just below 930 which was my first resistance if i had of followed my initial thinking.

Glen

The monthly tf role over is showing (for my charting package) pins on gbp pairs..... namely audgbp, eurgbp, gbpnok, cable.

Anyone see other monthly pins for possible setups?

Thanks

usdcad 4h pin. Looks good but Im not trading it because gold is approaching the resistance level again, more interested in seeing what happens there. Good thing is it has retraced a bit so maybe less likely to get trapped in by a pip or two if it breaks the top.

Attachments

• usdcad_h4.gif
    usdcad_h4.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 181
I took a short on Gold as it hit bollinger band on 1D chart. Grabbed 12 points but didn't enjoy it going against trend. It will probably drop all day now that I am out if anyone wants to take this as a potential setup as its still touching BB as well as Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.