Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
now im getting very interested,e/us showing bearish divergence and a bounce of uper trendline of it triangle pattern.4 hour indicator leaving oversold.along with the chf pattern we could see a nice setup here today??

Yes I did on the 1H. Last week I had drawn a short line above the highs on my chart when I was watching for the break out and the Pin was just a couple of ticks above my line so gave me added confidence.

Are you in this Jonj?
i was in but sold out early for a small profit???:rolleyes:4 hour lookin dodgy to me now though??
why cant i attatch charts today?????

short (demo)e/u @155.04
stop =155.43
T1=154.70 = change stop yo BE and hope for a break to the downside!lolwill take small profit as a divergence trade if price slows significantly(assuming it goes my way

Russell 200 Daily Short setting up , it triggers today. Thanks to (YKW) for spotting it.

usd/yen hourly outside bar off daily pivot and trend line.4 hour shows an eve star

Gregus, I like this pin too - it's off an excellent level. However, be aware that a pin bar is simply a move up and then down within one candle. All it signals is that the market has pulled back.

With Europe and the UK closed this is a time where markets are prone to drift and pull backs are likely, especially when volume is lower and the level is significant.

What I am trying to say is that if this occured in peak hours e.g. between 7am - 4pm GMT I would be all over it but as it is, coming now at 8pm GMT, I will pass. Just my 0.2c :)

Gregus, I like this pin too - it's off an excellent level. However, be aware that a pin bar is simply a move up and then down within one candle. All it signals is that the market has pulled back.

With Europe and the UK closed this is a time where markets are prone to drift and pull backs are likely, especially when volume is lower and the level is significant.

What I am trying to say is that if this occured in peak hours e.g. between 7am - 4pm GMT I would be all over it but as it is, coming now at 8pm GMT, I will pass. Just my 0.2c :)

T_D, I see your point and it's taken on board. Still learning all the nuances and pitfalls as I go along so any points and tips are appreciated.

Just out of interest, do you apply this rule to all currencies? Or mainly those involving the larger pairs, particularly GBP and USD?

Thanks,

Greg

Has there been news in the last few hours to account for all the large moves? Most seem to have gone against the trend too?

Has there been news in the last few hours to account for all the large moves? Most seem to have gone against the trend too?

More inflation worries (increasing retail sales) accounting for jump in gp

Thanks Arf.

I'm trying to build a trading system here but not doing too well at the moment! Only using 1% each time, but down about 6% so far.

Think I need to work on larger stops and better entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.