Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
usdcad pin. Thers only an s/r pivot thats been acting roughly as the top of a range at the nose, no fibs or anything else. Good looking pin.
I have put order in last night with Oanda.

Hi 1Pipped

My order just triggered at 10193. Where is your entry?

Hi all,

I also took daily pin on US CAD, added to top of recent range, also crossover of upwrad and downward TL's. Sorry can't post a chart.

Did anyone take the 1 hour pin on AUDUSD, retest of weekly upward TL after false breakout?

Arf

Hi not sure if my chart has added or not ..but the gbsusd looked really good on 1hf and 4hr ..so i went long at 1.9538

Attachments

• 11.06.08 day chart.gif
    11.06.08 day chart.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 258
im not to sure that is a good pin as such,but you might just have a good entry,TF is to small for me,good luck

Attachments

• gu30.gif
    gu30.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 242
im not to sure that is a good pin as such,but you might just have a good entry,TF is to small for me,good luck

are you a daily tf-only man superspurs??

just zoomed in on chart, not the greatest pin on second thoughts. as ss says, could still make a good entry. body is too low down the pin for it to be cast iron though

Last edited:
Hi 1Pipped

My order just triggered at 10193. Where is your entry?

Hi ljr,
My entry is 1.0194 stop loss 1.0326 I use alpari charts for entries, but I put the daily bar trades in oanda because they dont have mobile trading so it stops me potentially messing about with them when im looking at 4hr charts through the day on alparis mobile metatrader.

Last edited:
trying to control myself to dailies and weeklys,less hassle,these are some im watching to convince myself.the most precious commodity is time,imho

Attachments

• bp.gif
    bp.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 261
  • gsk.gif
    gsk.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 263
  • ved.gif
    ved.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 254
  • azn.gif
    azn.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 244
emotions are still at play with me as well,because im getting raped by barc at the moment on a spreadbet,no stop as yet

Attachments

• barc.gif
    barc.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 275
emotions are still at play with me as well,because im getting raped by barc at the moment on a spreadbet,no stop as yet

spurs if I were you (which Im not) Ide close that bet, not because I think its going to go down but you were betting on the pin, the pin failed, even if it does turn around now and you get out at b/e or better, thats something separate from what your plan was.

These could happen:
(1) you stay in, it turns around you get out at b/e or better.
(2) you get out, it turns around your a bit pissed off for a couple of days.
(3) you stay in, it dies and you lose far more than you should, maybe the lot.
(4) you get out, it dies. Your safe.

If (1) happens it seems good, but it gives you more of an excuse to do it again and eventually (3) will happen, so (1) is no good really.

If (2) happens, you are probably planning on living longer than a couple of days so youll get over it, its nothing. Youll probably try and kill me though, its alright just make it a clean shot back of head, I dont mind that ;)

If (3) happens.

If (4) happens, a good escape plan was actioned just in time.

If you always put a stop on, youll never be in a situation like this ever again, you already know all that anyway, now lets hope (2) doesnt fecking happen because I was planning living longer than a couple of days as well !!

sorry about that little joke jonj,but this has been my biggest winner to date,400+ pips.
hey spurs.no probs.got stung trying to short the pair on monday lol,back in now(been away since then) and doing well @+1 after the pull back!! :)hoping this little pin is gonna keep me in,lol.
nice one on your trade by the way,did you take the daily pin??thats what got me (y)

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
1,im gonna take it off the table in the morning,i was gonna play it as a long term hold but you are right i don,t know what it is gonna do tomorrow and the cash could be used more wisely,thanks for looking out for me.hey jonj,good luck with that short,i didn,t take it because i didn,t think i could get it right going up and then going down so i passed.
1,i was gonna give you some rep but i can,t so i gave it to jonj instead.lol,i can,t give jonj any either

hey spurs,

the barclays counter trend pin is like betting on a clean sheet against L'Ar$e with Ben Th@tcher, Kevin Sc0tt, Stuart Netherc0tt, Paulo Tr@mezzani in the Spurs defence and B00by Mimms in goal :LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap: ;)

National Grid (NG) daily pin at previously tested support.

Looks like this one could have a little mileage on it? But going to set limit at 715 for the time being. Any comments (eg, don't do it!! :LOL:)?

National Grid Plc (11-JUN-08).png

hey spurs,

the barclays counter trend pin is like betting on a clean sheet against L'Ar$e with Ben Th@tcher, Kevin Sc0tt, Stuart Netherc0tt, Paulo Tr@mezzani in the Spurs defence and B00by Mimms in goal :LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap: ;)

yes and i was the sub,the ginger pele,gary d0herty.ive pulled the stumps up on that trade now,signalling the bottom lol.lost 60pts,deep breath and on we go

mornin all,pins accross the board on the hourly tf,
eur/us long @154.39 stop = 154.00 .T1 = 15480
us\chf short1.0408 stop = 1.0444. T1 = 10475
gb/us long @1.9544 stop = 1.9510. T1 = 1.9600
DEMO ONLY(y)
any advice hoped for!

DEMO ONLY(y)
any advice hoped for!

hey jonj,dont fancy gold then

DEMO ONLY(y)
any advice hoped for!

hi jonj, look good to me. missed the hourly entries but I am going to watch usdchf and also gbpchf on 4hr because Ive got levels marked right near the nose tips on those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.