Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
long oil from 134.00
long gold from871.15
wish me luck:eek:

Guys,
When you get multiple signals on the same hour... dont do them all coz should they go bad...... they will all go bad..... so if you are placing 1% of the pot on each one and you do 4 trades....... you will obviously be setting urself up for a 4% hit if they dont come good.

Also, see daily gbpcad..... but does it contradict usdcad short pin...???

Attachments

• gbpcad12jun.JPG
    gbpcad12jun.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 183
i can understand that omni,good post,talking about us/cad pin,looking at it i get the feeling there is no momentum behind it.

Thanks for the chart omni I havent got a gbpcad chart. spurs is right theres no momentum on the usdcad pin and its no looking good so far. Leaving mine on though for the time being, its only had less than 1.5 bars

i agree omni,iv basicaly got the same trade,usd short.my veiw is to open half size positions on two pairs just to spread the proverbial eggs a little (asuming two signals) or just go with the best looking set up.some pins accure at the same time for same reasons,news etc, but not all are decisive.good post.
update::gb/usd = stopped out
rest = -loads for now,lol
think iv just lost the 100 or so i made over nite!!:( well we live n learn.
seriously though the longer tfs are much better for newbies.the 4h tf is my current preference for pin setups

Last edited:
The usdcad looks like it tried to drop from the 50fib but has now failed that one, it will probably try again at the 61fib..... let's see.

i also have res at this point and the hourly is showing divergence(yet to complete).im kinda expecting it to fall again, if the 50% does hold??

Stopped out of USDCHF. This looked good but I think now it will test those highs above 10500

mornin all,pins accross the board on the hourly tf,
eur/us long @154.39 stop = 154.00 .T1 = 15480
us\chf short1.0408 stop = 1.0444. T1 = 10475
gb/us long @1.9544 stop = 1.9510. T1 = 1.9600
DEMO ONLY(y)
any advice hoped for!

one of is is wrong jonj..coz i am the exact opposite and have beem for the last 6 hrs...and still touching black..

Gold Pin busted. Fortunately my order didn't trigger, although it came very close at one stage.

LJR
I took that gold pin; looked good but as u say, it was busted :-( I'm looking for the support at 863 to be tested; we could see a bouce of that after the US figures at 1330 and Ben Bernake's comments at 1630.
Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory
about the best calender there is as it reports expected figures and possible impacts.
Happy trading
Grim

LJR
I took that gold pin; looked good but as u say, it was busted :-( I'm looking for the support at 863 to be tested; we could see a bouce of that after the US figures at 1330 and Ben Bernake's comments at 1630.
Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory
about the best calender there is as it reports expected figures and possible impacts.
Happy trading
Grim

Hi Grim

Yes I use the calendar on FF. Its very good and quite fast, although my charts start moving just before the calendar is updated. The news at 13h30 hasn't had much affect. I'm still short on the USDCAD daily Pin. Its not doing too good at the mo

Last edited:
yes and i was the sub,the ginger pele,gary d0herty.ive pulled the stumps up on that trade now,signalling the bottom lol.lost 60pts,deep breath and on we go

:clap: :clap: :clap:

have begun papertrading pin setups, eur/usd made me 100 yeterday, down bigtime on usd/cad daily pin from yesterday, lets see how it pans out. notice a few of you in this one too.

Seems no-one is decided on the direction for the $. One minute news points up then Bernake et al shoots his mouth and changes things again. May call it a day and see where we are tomorrow. I was long gold but today has resulted in a £300 loss, so I'll move away and come back tomorrow. Hope y'all get some good trades later when Bernake speaks again!
Grim

Seems no-one is decided on the direction for the $. One minute news points up then Bernake et al shoots his mouth and changes things again. May call it a day and see where we are tomorrow. I was long gold but today has resulted in a £300 loss, so I'll move away and come back tomorrow. Hope y'all get some good trades later when Bernake speaks again!
Grim
my thoughts exactly,i dont think the doller knows what it is doing itself ;)
got stung on the gold tday also :(

:idea:poss bouble bottom higher close setup on the us/chf daily,obviously time to go yet(y)if you dare!!

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    51.6 KB · Views: 233
wedge formations on ero/yen,gb/yen and ero/gb
these patterns can give great R:R,especially when they break on news.almost will never need a stop more than 15-25 pips,and for e.g. the ave. move with these types of breaks on the ero/us for last month was 101 pips!eur/gb was 48 pips(remember thats a higher pip value also the price never retraced more than 7 pips below what i concidered to be the break price,except on bad trades) there were 2 bad trades from 10 breaks i covered in this pair.
something to think about :whistling

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    60.3 KB · Views: 252
  • MM270208%2C-chart-1.gif
    MM270208%2C-chart-1.gif
    65.1 KB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.