Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also look at the direction Crude is trading as it runs the whole show. Its smack bang on the daily 50sma now. Can anyone really see it going to 70-80$ I just can't. Anyone have any other idea's

Yeah at this point $70-80 seems like a real push, however oil hasn't really slowed down in it's fall. I'm watching to see if oil hovers around $100 before making a decision if it's going to head south any farther.

There was some chatter about the correlation between gold and oil.
Attached are the correlation figures and graph for those interested.

Attachments

• gold vs oil.JPG
    gold vs oil.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 161

Hey Omni,

Are you still short gold? That must be looking really good by now!!

Been looking for a nice entry on a lower (4h or daily) time frame that i can afford but i chicken out every time! Have you moved your stoploss down much at this stage?

Shane

Can you do us a chart of the correlation between Sugar and my account equity?

Hey Omni,

Are you still short gold? That must be looking really good by now!!

Been looking for a nice entry on a lower (4h or daily) time frame that i can afford but i chicken out every time! Have you moved your stoploss down much at this stage?

Shane

Yeah, am still short gold.
I wont be moving my stop til monday (weekly tf)

Yeah, am still short gold.
I wont be moving my stop til monday (weekly tf)

Hi Omni

Was about to ask you about moving stops on the weekly TF with regards to our EurGbp trade. Do you purely look at the weekly or do you also take the daily into consideration?

EurGbp is up around 100 ticks from the break of the weekly Pin at the moment so looking good :)

Those of you on 1hr / 2hr / 4hr timeframes.

Long eurgbp.

It is at previous high and a 61fib....... i am also eyeing due to previous breakout to the upside. Which leaves a lot of headroom, should this be a solid point to rally from.

Dante what you think???

Attachments

• eurgbp_update.JPG
    eurgbp_update.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi Omni

Was about to ask you about moving stops on the weekly TF with regards to our EurGbp trade. Do you purely look at the weekly or do you also take the daily into consideration?

EurGbp is up around 100 ticks from the break of the weekly Pin at the moment so looking good :)

I stay on the timeframe the trade was taken.
Have scaled down too many times before and paid a very ugly price for it.

Would you scale down on a daily...... or an hourly... what about a 5min??
ie. Where does scaling-in stop!! Tick by tick....... ;)

What are others experience in this department?

Reactions: BSD

I hear you. Got to draw the line somewhere.

I think I would look at the next lower TF to get a feel for the PA but still base decision on the TF that the trade was entered on. I only look at 1H, 4H, Daily and now Weekly.
I don't look at anything lower than hourly and am actually trying to stay away from hourly all together for a while.

You beat me to this omni but anyway....... eurgbp pin chart.

Its come back a bit since I did this chart and euro doesnt look strong anywhere else, does it ?

Attachments

• eurgbp_h4.gif
    eurgbp_h4.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 178

Its come back a bit since I did this chart and euro doesnt look strong anywhere else, does it ?

If it bounces off the floor twice, i will be even more bullish. Let's see if the 4hr triggers. My roleover is at 12o'clock.

Euro has been strong against the norwegion krona for about a 2 weeks (i have been long since 79465, so there is strength out there)

Hi Omni, nice trades you're entering here, good stuff :)

Staying on the time frame I enter is basically where I look for my exits too.

I don't look at lower time frames from the one I entered on for exiting, but I do look at higher time frames though for two things, the trend on them against which I won't trade, and overall market condition, ie when higher time frames are chop-chopping around I'll give my trades on my lower entry and exit time frame less room to breathe, if higher time frames are nicely trendy I'll give them more room.

Hi Omni, nice trades you're entering here, good stuff :)

Staying on the time frame I enter is basically where I look for my exits too.

I don't look at lower time frames from the one I entered on for exiting, but I do look at higher time frames though for two things, the trend on them against which I won't trade, and overall market condition, ie when higher time frames are chop-chopping around I'll give my trades on my lower entry and exit time frame less room to breathe, if higher time frames are nicely trendy I'll give them more room.

BSD,
Yah, agree on that. Exactly my thoughts.

What feed you using 1pipped? I didn't have a 4hr pin bar on my North Finance feed. Sometimes I wonder if the 4 hr feed is as reliable as the 1 hour as the PA could encompass a different 4 hour timeframe depending on your brokers time zone, so different people trading different PA... I dunno, any thoughts?

I cancelled my EURGBP order as well. Was only a couple of pips off triggering though.

I was using Alpari for that last chart I posted. I usually use ODL because they have gold + ftse etc. I saw a couple of hourly bars that looked like a pin on ODL, so fired Alpari up to check it as I knew their 4hr bar was about to close.

Ive thought that about 4hr as well, looks nothing like a pin on ODL's charts either. The best thing might be to use the time zone that most people are using at that time, so GMT when Londons open, some US time zone when they open... bit complicated having 24 charts of the same thing though! so, I dunno either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.