Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, amazing how those talking heads on Bloomberg and CNBC use complicated excuses for 1h pins, eh? :LOL:

lol Maxflii,

you know I wrote on another thread recently about how people always say "pins are all well and good but if nigerian militants kidnap and kill another 5 oil rig workers, your hourly pin on Crude will mean sweet FA".

Funny thing is, there never seem to be any Nigerian militants around when the disprovers need them ;)

hi glen,looking at MKS i reckon i would be inclined to leave it alone because for me it is in the middle of a range at the moment and not a swing high or low,although with market sentiment in the us it will probably trigger.

im getting to fussy lately

Spurs,

All valid points think about. I Did consider the swing high but thought the other factors might outweigh it. I would say it will probably open well down looking at tonights indicies anyway so entry might get missed. That's the frustrating thing about trading shares.

Cheers,

lol Maxflii,

you know I wrote on another thread recently about how people always say "pins are all well and good but if nigerian militants kidnap and kill another 5 oil rig workers, your hourly pin on Crude will mean sweet FA".

Funny thing is, there never seem to be any Nigerian militants around when the disprovers need them ;)

:LOL:

Anyone else having occasional lockup problems with Firefox on this website? I usually have 25+ sites open in various tabs, and it's always T2W that causes it, usually when refreshing the page (but not every time, seems to happen every 10th refresh or whatever) :rolleyes:

It was indeed, eltrot!!

That's what I call a good setup!!

Shame its after the event. Would have been an incredible winner...

Yeah nice! I've never traded stocks - there's that many I wouldn't know where to start looking for setups!

How did you pick out the daily mail setup superspurs? Do you have a few stocks that you just keep an eye on every now and then, or are you trawling through everything your broker offers? I have my hands full keeping my eye on all the FX pairs!

Pinbar for the brave

Day Pin SPX from 070908

triggered via gap so not really triggered in a positive way, but still there :)

gap filled today :) on H vol

swing trend down (short term days) Dow Naz Ftse .everything , Bear market

Stop to absolute low from tonights close 25 points

Stop from trigger 45 points

Div on rsi wk and day

One for the brave if it triggers on some strength on the way back up if the tail holds tomorrow and does not invalidate it

might get a nice inside bar to play off td :)

Blood is definitely on the carpet :)

Andy

Reactions: BSD
Anyone else having occasional lockup problems with Firefox on this website? I usually have 25+ sites open in various tabs, and it's always T2W that causes it, usually when refreshing the page (but not every time, seems to happen every 10th refresh or whatever) :rolleyes:

No problems here with Firefox 3. You might like to try the new Chrome browser from Google. Apparently each tab runs independently from the others so if one crashes it doesn't f**k everything else up that you've got open! Still in beta at the moment though, but so far not had too many issues with it.

No problems here with Firefox 3. You might like to try the new Chrome browser from Google. Apparently each tab runs independently from the others so if one crashes it doesn't f**k everything else up that you've got open! Still in beta at the moment though, but so far not had too many issues with it.

Thanks, could be something else then. V 3.01 here, too.

Yeah, tried Chrome, seems ok, but a bit bare-bone for now. I don't think it has a "multiple tabs as a homepage" feature? That was the deal breaker for me as I tend to have 20-25 tabs open up when FF boots up. :p

Day Pin SPX from 070908

triggered via gap so not really triggered in a positive way, but still there :)

gap filled today :) on H vol

swing trend down (short term days) Dow Naz Ftse .everything , Bear market

Stop to absolute low from tonights close 25 points

Stop from trigger 45 points

Div on rsi wk and day

One for the brave if it triggers on some strength on the way back up if the tail holds tomorrow and does not invalidate it

might get a nice inside bar to play off td :)

Blood is definitely on the carpet :)

Andy

You know Andy, funny you should say this because I know a guy who trades this strategy in yet another different way. He waits for the good pin bars at excellent levels and then waits for them to go offside. Then when they are right near the high/low of the tail and about to stop out he takes his position so his stop is super tight. He takes many more losers than winners but the R:R is so good that when one works and really goes the distance he makes it all back and a whole lot more besides.

I am very happy when I hear a story like this because you should take a strategy and make it your own.

Take it, play with it, mould it until it fits your comfort zone.

Yeah nice! I've never traded stocks - there's that many I wouldn't know where to start looking for setups!

How did you pick out the daily mail setup superspurs? Do you have a few stocks that you just keep an eye on every now and then, or are you trawling through everything your broker offers? I have my hands full keeping my eye on all the FX pairs!

over the weeks ive marked up about 300 stocks 16 fx and a few commodities and then i look at the candlestick screener in prorealtime EOD and have alerts on all major weekly sr levels

eltrott,
I have just subscribed to Sharescope EOD feed (£14pm). I limit myself to the FTSE100. You can set the charts up with all the SR/Fibs etc (although I must confess it's not as easy as MT4!!) You can also dig into the fundementals to pick shares then enter/exit using the Tech Analyis on the charts.

Then it takes about 5 mins max to skim thru the charts looking for action on your SR/Fib levels. The good thing is that you can set up many screens in tabs at the bottom. I have daily, wkly and mnthly on different lenghts of time. That way you can easily carry out daily checks, weeklys on Sunday and Monthlys on the end of every month!

The good thing is with the EOD feed is that it limits your lowest TF to dailys!! That way until they are mastered it prevents one from 'dabbling' on the lower TFs and maybe getting burnt.

Pins as of todays quick check include Compass, Intercontinental Hotels, Avivva and WPP. I'm only paper trading the shares as I've only really had experience with Forex.

Grim

Thanks, could be something else then. V 3.01 here, too.

Yeah, tried Chrome, seems ok, but a bit bare-bone for now. I don't think it has a "multiple tabs as a homepage" feature? That was the deal breaker for me as I tend to have 20-25 tabs open up when FF boots up. :p

try Options -> Basics -> On startup: Open the following pages...

that should do the trick

sorry, getting off topic here

You know Andy, funny you should say this because I know a guy who trades this strategy in yet another different way. He waits for the good pin bars at excellent levels and then waits for them to go offside. Then when they are right near the high/low of the tail and about to stop out he takes his position so his stop is super tight. He takes many more losers than winners but the R:R is so good that when one works and really goes the distance he makes it all back and a whole lot more besides.

I am very happy when I hear a story like this because you should take a strategy and make it your own.

You just described one of my trading setups!

He'll be having fun with the 4h gold pin then :LOL:

Similar concept to raczekfx's 1hr R-db method (j16 site) in some ways (double bottom blind entries on 1h, 4h and daily.) He generally runs with a 30-50 pip stop I believe, depending on the pair.

grim i tried repping you for that post,near enough exactly what i do(y)

Cheers 'spurs! :clap:

Funny how the different feeds show different bars. On sharescope the Inter' Hotels pin bar is first class, yet on Pro Realtime is not as good? The open/close prices differ by a couple of points eitherway, making the prorealtime chart pin 'fatter' and less pin like.

I suppose Sharescope uses LSE data and Pro' RT use Chi-X t'hingy' data? !

The idea of taking set-ups near the tails of the pins is rather ballsy!! Fair play though, great idea for squeezing out the extra pips. I know another trader who waits for the first retracement and then enters. Like TD said, all different plays on the strategy!

Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.