Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any views on EUR/USD? I'm short as of about 3 am this morning. Been heading upwards for the last 6 hours but hoping it starts to head south again soon. Anyone got any analysis? Cheers,

Sam.

Hi megamuel,
On my chart it's coming into res at 3229 which is also 61.8% fib. If a pin develops here I will be taking a short entry.

Later,

Chris

Attachments

• EURUSD.GIF
    EURUSD.GIF
    29.5 KB · Views: 176
Also hovering around a well established trendline...

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 192
Anyone got any views on EUR/USD? I'm short as of about 3 am this morning. Been heading upwards for the last 6 hours but hoping it starts to head south again soon. Anyone got any analysis? Cheers,

Sam.

Actually I was looking at the 30min chart not the hour chart so only been going upwards for 3 hours not 6!

euro analysis

boys sorry for staying away.. had a mixed day stops got hit on cadjpy and nzdjpy while eurojpy was an awesome trade and banked good pips on that..

any ways have a look at daily euro chart and compare the two wedge(or trainagle ) i have drawn ..see the trainagular conslidation during december when eur made ahigher low on daily and broke the top side it was huge momentum ..(at that time dip buying was 1.23-125 zone)

now look at the traingular consolidation happening during this month where dip buying is going around 1.31 area .. smart people will fugure out what is going on..

the upside remains intact as far as the support 1.3080/1.3100 is in place

often such kind of patterns happen to be repetetive and watched by a lot of tech analyst and i am sure DANTE WOULD AGREE ON

best of luck

Attachments

• eurodaily.gif
    eurodaily.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 201
122.90 or 122.96 would be an acceptable stop. Understandably that would involve you taking a small loss if it was hit BUT it is technically valid...breakeven is not...if you are going to put a breakeven stop in you might as well have got out at support.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck

-Tom

Hey Tom,
just wondering if I could get your analysis on the Bunds. I'm still in the trade with my stop now moved to the top of the 9am candle (about 1:1 R/R). Your recommendation on moving the stop to the S/R above break even worked a treat, as a break even would have been taken out.

Update: I have closed the trade now, as it's stalled on the 122.39 S/R for a couple of hours, which is also 50% fib. Looking at the chart now, would this be a potential setup for a long trade?

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

• Bund.GIF
    Bund.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Nice pin on the EURJPY. Looks good at first, but you'd have to go long right into 130 S/R which has been tested several times in the last month from above. First problem area could be the ascending TL, which would not give a particularly good R/R.

When in doubt, stay out.

Ascending TL looks an interesting area now as support with confluence of 61.8% fib from last swing low to high on daily timeframe.

Attachments

• img_12398914835944.gif
    img_12398914835944.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 185
boys sorry for staying away.. had a mixed day stops got hit on cadjpy and nzdjpy while eurojpy was an awesome trade and banked good pips on that..

any ways have a look at daily euro chart and compare the two wedge(or trainagle ) i have drawn ..see the trainagular conslidation during december when eur made ahigher low on daily and broke the top side it was huge momentum ..(at that time dip buying was 1.23-125 zone)

now look at the traingular consolidation happening during this month where dip buying is going around 1.31 area .. smart people will fugure out what is going on..

the upside remains intact as far as the support 1.3080/1.3100 is in place

often such kind of patterns happen to be repetetive and watched by a lot of tech analyst and i am sure DANTE WOULD AGREE ON

best of luck

Hey Gizmo,
I spotted the EURJPY pin earlier but didn't take, which I dearly regret :(

Thanks for sharing your EURUSD chart analysis. What will you be looking out for as a potential entry?

Cheers,

Chris

Had to post this as I thought its quite funny. Shows my emotional weakness. Some of you know that I took my little £300 account to over £3000 recently trading at about 20 p per point.
Today I decided to try an experiment and traded at £5 per point. Look at how quickly I snatched the profits despite how good each entry turned out to be. I found it amusing anyway and should help answer some peoples questions about why Im still just trading as an extra bit of money as opposed to making a nice living from it! :LOL:

However, trading at my usual baby stakes this week i have taken over 400 points with some nice runners trading the GBP/JPY and the ES with some of the guys from the chatzy room.

Attachments

• moron.JPG
    moron.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 214
Hey Gizmo,
I spotted the EURJPY pin earlier but didn't take, which I dearly regret :(

Thanks for sharing your EURUSD chart analysis. What will you be looking out for as a potential entry?

Cheers,

Chris

gotta move with the flow .. as in i am actively involved in dip buying around 1.3150 or 1.31 area and i am scaling in and out on rallies.. but this chart was for analysis and so
my purpose was for you to understand that do not sell the 1.31 area as your shorts would get squeezed out but you could do instead when you see pins or other reversal patterns in that area get in 2 usd a tick trade and scale out 1 and let the other one run ..

gotta move with the flow .. as in i am actively involved in dip buying around 1.3150 or 1.31 area and i am scaling in and out on rallies.. but this chart was for analysis and so
my purpose was for you to understand that do not sell the 1.31 area as your shorts would get squeezed out but you could do instead when you see pins or other reversal patterns in that area get in 2 usd a tick trade and scale out 1 and let the other one run ..

I'm sorry to inform you that the Euro is going to tank mate.

Honestly, that pile of sh*t currency is going to be at 1.1600 before you know it.

I'm not short yet but I'm not going to be a buyer. It would take the US to default to make me do that.

2Tall, I took those Bunds.

Short at 122.86

First problem area at 122.62. I've got minimum size on so I cannot scale out here. So, instead I am going to to try and hold as there is a possible daily pin forming too although obviously still got over 3 hours to go until the close.

If you are short with multiple lots or increments, I would get some out here now as if it's going to bounce, this is where it will happen.

Did you add any @ around the 60 level, opportunity arose about 4 - 5 ish

I'm sorry to inform you that the Euro is going to tank mate.

Honestly, that pile of sh*t currency is going to be at 1.1600 before you know it.

I'm not short yet but I'm not going to be a buyer. It would take the US to default to make me do that.

i agree not gona be able to give this currency away soon! no i dont know a huge amount about the if's and but's..but i woudlnt be surprised it countrys like germany ditched the thing all together

Did you add any @ around the 60 level, opportunity arose about 4 - 5 ish

Hmm, I was 1 short from 122.85. Today I added another one at around 1pm at 122.32 and moved both stops to 122.50 which was a little way above a pivot on my charts. Wasn't the best spot to add - playing continuation IBs after a decent fall rarely works I am finding.

Got stopped out for +35 on first and -19 on the second. (+16 on net)

Then I entered again at the beautiful pin bar at 5pm.

Now I've got some decent size on (for me) and am short from 122.54.

Got taken out at 50 too...missed the second pin. Nice little contract to trade...ftse on the other hand >.>

I find pins after a false IB break work awesomely.

Trade I've got my eye on is a failure at testing 122.53 from underneath, then looking to hitch a ride down to 122.11 then 121.61. That would line up with the Flag we've got on the 4hr (I missed the pullback).

Only problems are that a) it hasn't happened yet, and b) I am not really convinced my these equities, (though as we speak the spoos looks like it's going to break out to the upside any moment now and head for that ascending TL resistance).

Time will tell.

Also hovering around a well established trendline...

2Tall gave me 'reputation' for that post but when I look on my user cp it is blue which apparently means 'neutral'. What does that mean to recieve neutral reputation? And how do you give it? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.