Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
ism report

traders pls find attached detailed ism outlook report

courtesy: danskebank

after a thrilling session today i will be inactive till market explodes tommorow at 1:30

Attachments

• US_ISM2_010409.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 251
I thought that double top would kick in whilst wall st was trading. I was going to get out tonigh. :-S I'm still sh*te then. lol

Looking at it again the 4hr TF shows a hell of a lot more info. Thanks for the kick up the a*s agian.

The question I should really be asking myself is why did I short when my own analysis told me the price was going up?

Last edited:
I thought that double top would kick in whilst wall st was trading. I was going to get out tonigh. :-S I'm still sh*te then. lol

Looking at it again the 4hr TF shows a hell of a lot more info. Thanks for the kick up the a*s agian.

The question I should really be asking myself is why did I short when my own analysis told me the price was going up?

All a matter of perspective, mate. Looking at the hourly, a pullback to the trendline at about 14250 is quite conceivable. On the daily, however, a move that small would be barely noticable. Play the hourly OR play the daily.

Remember, profitable trades on the hourly will often be contained within one single daily bar.

NZDUSD D1: Price showing rejection at the 0.5543 pivot. Weekly trend is up. No additional confluence. Caution if the TL comes into play, the trade won't go very far. Areas to watch: TL and re-test of any of the three recent highs. Note: 3.5 hours to go before candle closes.

Attachments

• 2009-04-01 nzdusd d1.gif
    2009-04-01 nzdusd d1.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 127
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
I have tried a lot of different exits and the most profitable is trailing your stop above or below the candle that closes above or below the next pivot in the direction you took the trade.

This strategy serves two very good purposes:

1. It stops you getting out a target and then seeing the market continue on in the direction you anticipated

2. It allows you to stay in whilst the market is behaving correctly. E.g. breaking a level, coming back and retesting it before moving higher.

Don't pre-empt your exit either. Always exit when your stop is hit.

Stops on pins and inside bars are incredibly simple. They go the other side of the candle!

I have entered this trade off of the daily time frame does that mean I only move my stop at the end of the day and only to levels drawn on my charts from the daily time frame not from the hourly chart.... I think it probably does.
This would mean that I am as yet not moving my stop I am up 100 pips my entry was the break of the pin 2 days ago
thanks for the help guys

Daily pin on wti oil

Hi Guys any thoughts on this Daily pin bar forming on oil.
Its on a 38.2 and 61.8 fib lines and near a line of support and trend line I have drawn
supported by the daily 50ema
What do we think??

Attachments

• oil.gif
    oil.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 156
Haircut (100) LOL
Don't try and 'fit' TA to the chart. Trade what you see. Try and switch to a line chart and draw TLs from the tips and bottoms or use the closing / opening prices of the candles - most of the big lads use the line charts for TLs

Thanks Grimweasel
Always looking to learn will re do all my charts using the line charts and see how my s/r levels go
Thanks again
hair

Hi Guys any thoughts on this Daily pin bar forming on oil.
Its on a 38.2 and 61.8 fib lines and near a line of support and trend line I have drawn
supported by the daily 50ema
What do we think??

I am sure I will get corrected by those more experienced than me but ...
I say it depends how you plan to trade it ...
If you are going to trade it as a daily pin, put your orders in and look at it at the end of the day then I say it is a no go because of the risk:reward and because the weekly is very bearish.
The break of the pin would be 48.80 and your stop would have to be about 165 pips to cover the pin tail. There is major resistance at $50 which was tested a couple of times yesterday and held, so you are likely looking at 120 pips reward unless there is a major rally in equities and/or the US dollar falls off tomorrow.
One to trade on the lower time frames if you do is my opinion.
Nicola

all these business about trading secrets are nothing but bs according to www.nosceretstrading.com.
what he says does make sence.

mt4 how do you good guys find.I am not very happy with it. don't like the charting pk.

first things first. AC007, you are a ****.

secondly haircut ditch danarm

he is a ****.

btw ac007 cant even spell secret. I cant ****ing spell secret and i've had ****ing 16 pints after the scotland victory you ****ing **** bag. I'm going to shove my dick so far up your missus anus that shes going to shout your grampa's name its so ****ing sore your mother****er nigerian **** bag,,,,mmmm time for chicken tikka masala.

mod when you read this hurry up and dletete it lollercaust.

ps i love how you spell sense as sence it brings a whole new meaning to COMPLETE ****TARD SPASTICK MOTHER@****JING CUNTBAG WOOP

Status
Not open for further replies.