Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
How technical can you get boys?

this is my analysis of pound on 4 hour since feb 09 .. have alook at it , its a head and shoulder play .. and if you wanna position trade that head and shoulder provided the left shoulder and head is in place hit the market at the middle of head ( of 50% fib of the head and neckline ) for a potential h&s play..

obviously this move is for big position traders who can afford wide stops ..

so if you did this for the month of feb .. with only a 100 pip stop .. you did not get stop out!!!1

tell me traders what you fink about it as i put it for education purposes..:sleep:

Attachments

• amit2.jpg
    amit2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 219
also traders dxcs dollar index has place a double top along with a higher low formation on euro which is good for euro bulls.. on 1hour timr frame.. waiting for adp , ism and homesales..

pound seems to be buy on dips( 1.4340-50 area) ..but with tight stops below. realmoney account buying pound sincemorning and rumours of hsbc dividend payments this week also heard

best of luck traders i am gonna dissapear today

gauging the market sentiment

traders as i said before in my article i will be watching ism employement index ..

also note market doesnt normally pay attention to challenger hjobs cut but today i was watching very closely because the market will be aswell .. just seen a brief pop in equities

makes sense..

although adp doesnt give any good estimate for non farms but dont ignore it..

if we have better than expected ism-emplyment, adp we might be heading for good non farm which makes sense after a large drop of -600k last month ..
:idea:

traders as i said before in my article i will be watching ism employement index ..

also note market doesnt normally pay attention to challenger hjobs cut but today i was watching very closely because the market will be aswell .. just seen a brief pop in equities

makes sense..

although adp doesnt give any good estimate for non farms but dont ignore it..

if we have better than expected ism-emplyment, adp we might be heading for good non farm which makes sense after a large drop of -600k last month ..
:idea:

hi giz

what effect if any will this have on usd/cad for instance?

regards pat

Gbp

Just wanted to point out something with the GBP here. Im long GBPUSD from a break of the recent daily pin bar high, but the GBP is now running into some strong resistance across multiple pairs. Would be intresting to hear other peoples views regarding stops and targets.

Im completely new to this forum site but this thread seems to suit my style quite nicely.
Looking forward to sharing some ideas.

Thanks.

Attachments

• GBPUSD 4h.jpg
    GBPUSD 4h.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 120
  • GBPCHF 4h.jpg
    GBPCHF 4h.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 147
  • EURGBP 4h.jpg
    EURGBP 4h.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 141
im short Gbp/jpy 142.26 - wish me luck. I tend to need it on forex trades!

Attachments

• jap.bmp
    828.1 KB · Views: 100
Cable was a good buy on that break through 1.4380 to the downside.

Look for the sharp breaks of support that don't last to get long on this.

Infact I think buy 143.80 - or lower if you can get it.

Stop at 143.58

Target at least 1.4410 and then 1.4430.

Nice scalp trade.

I agree. If you weigh up the odds, i think they are stacked in favour of cable going higher, both from a technical and fundamental standpoint. What's your target?

There may be a threat of forming a lower high right here, but i dont think that would be enough to off-set the strength of the newly formed rising uptrend which is backed by the daily pin. However if we do go down to the rising trendline on this chart then i would definitely be looking out for price action so i could buy some more.

Attachments

• GBPUSD 4h.jpg
    GBPUSD 4h.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 161
loonie

hi giz

what effect if any will this have on usd/cad for instance?

regards pat

the canadian economy is highly correlated with US .. canada runs a huge surplus with US

US jobs sector losses will affect canada aswell. on top ofit besidefrom oil industry in canada .. automobile (GM, chrysler, ford ) if i am not wrong employ lots of people

negative non farms directly affect US correlated economies like canada and mexico so its canadian dollar and mexican peso negative. watch both of them crap (and i mean really quick compared to euro)

so if non farms are extremely bad .. equities crap, crude oil craps out on demand concerns and canadian dollar will follow them so u go long usd/cad ...

in my own words "if the technicals and fundamentals are setup for a trade close your eyes and freaking pull the trigger"
best of luck:p

the canadian economy is highly correlated with US .. canada runs a huge surplus with US

US jobs sector losses will affect canada aswell. on top ofit besidefrom oil industry in canada .. automobile (GM, chrysler, ford ) if i am not wrong employ lots of people

negative non farms directly affect US correlated economies like canada and mexico so its canadian dollar and mexican peso negative. watch both of them crap (and i mean really quick compared to euro)

so if non farms are extremely bad .. equities crap, crude oil craps out on demand concerns and canadian dollar will follow them so u go long usd/cad ...

in my own words "if the technicals and fundamentals are setup for a trade close your eyes and freaking pull the trigger"

nice insight thanks giz

Auto industry (manuf and parts) are the biggest employer in Ontario, Canada's richest largest province. If the US sneezes Canada gets the flu.
Agree with what you said Gizmo.

was making 82 pips on that trade. ill Be back at BE in a minute! lol. That thing sure moves

Anyone think that double top on hourly gbp/usd is gonna kick in now? or at all?

144 will probably tell the story. No?

Attachments

• hourly.JPG
    hourly.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Alot of noise around that area, I'm long and frankly undecided....thats not much help is it! Looking at the daily I'd say we are ok long for a bit. I have a line at around 1.4415 that I'd like to see broken before I exit.

Anyone think that double top on hourly gbp/usd is gonna kick in now? or at all?

144 will probably tell the story. No?

I was looking to short if I can get in between 1441 and 144150 I'm waiting for the 10am bar to spit this price out but now I'm thinking whether that 2pm low is a result of early morning buyers cashing in after lunch and the -ve fib is right. I've waited too long

Status
Not open for further replies.