Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final note to Dow Predator ...continued posting of links will result in a ban....the members are fed up with it....it's your choice !!

cv

Talking of Inside Bars been looking at AUDUSD on the 4H. (Bar will close at 24h00 UK time)

An inside bar is forming at S/R pivot from my Daily chart around 9510. I have not really been looking at IBs before but have started to keep an eye out for them. What do you guys think of this one?

Was just about to post about this one too. Looks like an inside bar has formed. Not looked at IB's until now really either. Have placed an order long from 9522 at a low stake...

I'm seeing slight resistance on the 4H around the 9572 mark.

Am I looking at this correctly? :LOL:

This formed another inside bar? Did you take this one Ljr?

stopped out of GJ overnight,one im watching today,might not be perfect but we will see

Attachments

• USD_CAD Spot.png
    USD_CAD Spot.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 193
Gregus I didn't take it as the bar had not closed by the time I went to sleep. Will have another look this morning.

I tried to reply to your message directly but the website keeps saying I am not entering enough characters. Seems to work if one creates a new post without reply. Anybody having this problem?

stopped out of GJ overnight,one im watching today,might not be perfect but we will see

Hi spurs I got stopped in short on gbpchf overnight, we seem to be swapping each others deals... well, sort of.

re: usd/cad on my daily chart it doesnt look as much as a pin as on yours, price is within the MA channel though. Im wondering about moving stop down to above that pin which would be about b/e, like grimweasel said, not decided yet... actually just decided, leave it where it is for now.

edit: Is everyone seeing charts as links, not a thumbnail image on the page anymore ?

Attachments

• usdcad_d1.gif
    usdcad_d1.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Yes about the images.

Still can't reply directly to a post. most annoying.

Yes about the images.

Still can't reply directly to a post. most annoying.

test.

--------
hmmm, I can reply Ljr, did you click on the reply button/link in the message? no idea what could be wrong, obviously some fixing going on at trade2win at the mo.

Last edited:
An inside bar is a bar that has both its high and low within the range of the previous bar. It shows that price is consolidating. See chart attached.

Thanks Trader Dante. Understand now.

I take it you look for a reversal after an inside bar?

Thanks Trader Dante. Understand now.

I take it you look for a reversal after an inside bar?

A reversal OR a continuation.

Be careful with inside bars though, they are prone to fake outs and take some "feel" for the market to trade successfully.

If you are new to price action trading, pin bars are one of the easiest and most reliable setups to trade.

Not wanting to appear alarmist or anything....some observations for today.

Oil and Gold rising sharply on continued Dollar weakness.
Dow and other index's off heavily before the open.

Anyone for a very black friday ! sat sun mon etc.

Not strictly a potential set up....but in an overall sense....maybe the biggest set up !

cv

yeah twitchy, tripple witching as well ? AND with oil n gold does not help with stories about Israel prepping to strike Irans nuclear installations?. Well does help if one is bullish oil and gold. Scatty times.

Hi Guys,

Just to check, if I am long in pairs x/USD or short USD/ X I want the Dollar to weaken don't I?

hi yawl,eu/y looking good to me.over bought on th dailys and almost on the 4 hour.bearish divergence on both 4h and 1h.
nice bearish candles on the 1h(doji AND pin bar,currently showing an inside bar.
gonna short the break(if it breaks )(y)

Attachments

• divergence.gif
    divergence.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 249
hi yawl,eu/y looking good to me.over bought on th dailys and almost on the 4 hour.bearish divergence on both 4h and 1h.
nice bearish candles on the 1h(doji AND pin bar,currently showing an inside bar.
gonna short the break(if it breaks )(y)

Why would MT4's charts and IG Index's charts differ for the same currency. My chart is almost the same as that, inside bar and all, but i should the last hour to be red (going down), yours is green (going up?)

Why would MT4's charts and IG Index's charts differ for the same currency. My chart is almost the same as that, inside bar and all, but i should the last hour to be red (going down), yours is green (going up?)

Stu ffs :LOL:...that screenshot was taken before candle was complete....right !! makes sense ? (y)

cv

LOL, I was just about to edit my post. I thought his screen shot was taken at the time of the post, which was when I was looking at the same screen. Still made you laugh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.