Post your P&L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my Pnl today

edit: notice i started with $1, risking 0.001% per trade i turned $1 into millions in one day, all you need is money management, that's all, psychology too.

Attachments

• Pnl.JPG
    Pnl.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
You mispelt favourite twice, quite annoying , you little (damn, can't find any good tickers which would be a nice slag)

Here's my Pnl today

edit: notice i started with $1, risking 0.001% per trade i turned $1 into millions in one day, all you need is money management, that's all, psychology too.

You had a good day, extremely profitable I say , why shuld any other con post his results?

Paint? you think i faked this?

right, i prove people like you wrong every day, for the last 5-6 years.

here's my chart, green is buy red is sell or exit buy. Price is clear on my screen, i use a few indicators for confirmation.

Attachments

• proof.JPG
    proof.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 291
Here's my Pnl today

If I give you $10, can you guarantee to turn it into $10 million and i'll even let you take a 60% split?

Update for Friday 12th Feb 2010 trading + rolling trade financing for weekend (something for the weekend Sir...?). (Not all Thursday night financing is shown, so not quite contiguous with spreadsheet previously posted, but it's not far off).

China helped, as did the European pantomime in Brussels. You can't see the entries, but as each individual trade is £1/pip, you could work it out. Some were cut for small profit, effectively scratch, when they were clearly going against me, with a view to a better entry later. Empirically, wins are almost always bigger if I let my original limit close it instead of closing manually...although maybe there would be fewer wins if I never closed manually.

Still essentially Bearish EUR/USD. EUR/JPY, cable, gold (short-to-medium term, then long-term bullish).
Hoped to close most positions before long US weekend, but didn't quite manage it.

Attachments

• Monty_Update1_12-02-2010_2108.jpg
    Monty_Update1_12-02-2010_2108.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Monty_Update2_12-02-2010_2108.jpg
    Monty_Update2_12-02-2010_2108.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 278
monte.
Did you start with only a few hundred quid and now you have around 9k from that, and are making a good few hundred quid per day?
awesome!

Thats a fantastic P & L - from a very quick look you've turned £ 361 into £ 9187 in about 3 months.....less transfers in of £ 2300 and transfers out of c. £ 1300 giving a nett increase of just under £ 8K or 2200% on starting balance in 3 months....am I reading that correctly ?

Thanks. It's not quite that though. Did you spot the 1050 out? There was some glitch on a trade - wierd spike in Gold and suddenly I was £1050 up, and I thought it was my birthday. (I'd seen it go to about 450, then suddenly it closed and I was 1050 up. Well, I knew it was some kind of error, and I assumed they'd correct it which they did the same night. I very mildly complained, saying I thought it should have been a successful trade, and either they should have given me what I should have had (a few hundred maybe), or some kind of compensation. They were polite and said it was their mistake, but no compensation. I didn't take it any further and was just glad they weren't putting me on dealer acceptance or whatever (or don't seem to be so far). That was a wild day among several news-driven wild days lately. I've been a bit lucky on those days, but it wasn't all luck. I've probably taken more risk than would usually be deemed acceptable in this forum, in the attempt to get to 10k. Maybe I'll relax a bit then. I have been consciously reducing risk lately and trying to be a bit cleverer in my entries, but in volatile conditions, I don't think you can be too exact about entries. While I wasn't too exact about entries, I was very sure about overall direction, and just stuck with it, and with the exception of the EUR/GPB, it's been about right. Well, if I go very quiet within the next few weeks, maybe you'll know what's happened :)

I think I may have put a bit more than 2300 in actually. It was in dribs and drabs. I've only taken £250 out myself so far. Trying to build the capital up, but I will have to take a bit more out soon.

Thanks for your interest.

monte.
Did you start with only a few hundred quid and now you have around 9k from that, and are making a good few hundred quid per day?
awesome!

No....it looks a bit that way, but I have added more capital as I went a long in dribs and drabs.

As I have said in previous post, I took more risk than I probably should (overtrading mostly) and probably came close to blowing it a couple of times. Fortunately, I managed to recognise this in time and pulled it back (having blown a couple of much smaller accounts ...I know the symptoms :) ). I really do have to watch the overtrading though.....also, I have to recognise that in some respects this has been luck, although I would maintain by no means all of it. I could justify every trade (not from memory, but at the time), if not every entry point. I think I will slow it down and take it a bit more steadily from now on. I think this is probably a classic point in an account size to probably blow spectacularly.

Having said that, I noticed it was a lot more easy to make steady money once the account was more than about 4-5k. Maybe a critical mass....but of course it depends on your style and bet size. Oh yes, I've religiously stuck to £1/pip, but I now do this with multiple overlapping trades if I wish to increase my stake. I guess the most I've had going in one instrument is the equivalent of £10/point, although all at different entry points. To my way of thinking, this reduces risk, but I may of course be totally wrong on that :)

Thanks for your interest.

Update for Friday 12th Feb 2010 trading + rolling trade financing for weekend (something for the weekend Sir...?). (Not all Thursday night financing is shown, so not quite contiguous with spreadsheet previously posted, but it's not far off).

China helped, as did the European pantomime in Brussels. You can't see the entries, but as each individual trade is £1/pip, you could work it out. Some were cut for small profit, effectively scratch, when they were clearly going against me, with a view to a better entry later. Empirically, wins are almost always bigger if I let my original limit close it instead of closing manually...although maybe there would be fewer wins if I never closed manually.

Still essentially Bearish EUR/USD. EUR/JPY, cable, gold (short-to-medium term, then long-term bullish).
Hoped to close most positions before long US weekend, but didn't quite manage it.

There's like no losses. How?!? :-0

Status
Not open for further replies.