Post your P&L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I shall regret this, and it isn't exactly what you said, but it's the easiest thing for me to do. Doesn't show my current positions (which are short EUR/USD, cable, EUR/JPY, Gold, & an old long position on EUR/GBP which is under water, but I'm not giving up on and I don't care what anyone says....in fact I don't care what anyone says about any of it. I'm sure my trading style would be unacceptable to most, but that's too bad. You trade your style.

This is more or less the complete history of this account; not sure what happened to the first few entries though which seem to be missing. The only thing I have changed is the name of the file (slightly). I don't think there is any personal data there, but if anyone notices any, please tell the mods and they can delete the file! (I don't think the reference numbers mean anything to anyone outside the firms involved).

In practice I day-trade, although the ideal was always to find a trend and ride it. I do that in effect with multiple overlapping short trades. Initially, this was just to get money off the table to build up the account, but after a while, I began to prefer it like this.

I'd say it was about 20% "technical", 50% "fundamental",and 30% seat-of-pants or instinct or discretion or whatever you want to call it. I don't recommend anyone else trade this way. Trade your way. I'm not selling anything or offering any method or anything. Just rising to Tom's challenge, really, and, as I say, will probably regret it.

Having said all that, will the file actually upload....that is the question: OK, it seems to have done.

BTW, I don't know what is meant by "This would be particularly good for vendors."
What would, and why, and why do we care?

Attachments

• Account_Summary_monty_11022010_215833.csv
    94.4 KB · Views: 588
Just been trawling the boards for the first time in ages and thought this would seperate a lot of wheat from the chaff rather than endless arguing with stubborn individuals.

Obviously no one will post so it's a bit of a waste of time but it only took me 2 minutes to resurrect it!
Called your bluff Tom, now you have to post yours...:LOL:

(And if you think I made it all up, you have a higher opinion of my capacity for hard work/invention than is at all merited!).
Because funnily enough all the people that are making calls and posting strategies seemed to disappear when the chance to post their P&L came round and I wasn't allowed to post mine at the time.

Not allowed? By whom? Have the rules changed now then?

I think the only call I have made in recent months was 1.32 (via 1.34) for EUR/USD (which I still stand by, though it may take a little while). And I may have mentioned 1040-43 gold via 1070-75. Well, we breached 1070-75, and although it's back up for the time being, we could still see it lower than 1070 again.

BTW, I don't know what is meant by "This would be particularly good for vendors."

I just meant this thread could/would be a good place to vet vendors. Obviously they won't post on here but those who advertise things like "my system makes £4,000 a week" can be shown the thread and asked to "prove themselves" as it were :)

P&L speaks volumes.

Called your bluff Tom, now you have to post yours...:LOL:

I will post mine. But I intended it as I saw it done on ET. Basically, I will just post a screenshot of my closed trades and resulting P&L for the day at the end of each day.

Not allowed? By whom? Have the rules changed now then?

I have had quite a few limitations enforced on me on what I can and can't post over the time I've been on here. That is why I sometimes abandon threads after starting them and I regularly do the edit post trick. If I need to get something important across, I usually post it and then just erase the whole post after a few minutes. Anyway, it's a bit easier nowadays.

I'm sure I shall regret this, and it isn't exactly what you said, but it's the easiest thing for me to do. Doesn't show my current positions (which are short EUR/USD, cable, EUR/JPY, Gold, & an old long position on EUR/GBP which is under water, but I'm not giving up on and I don't care what anyone says....in fact I don't care what anyone says about any of it. I'm sure my trading style would be unacceptable to most, but that's too bad. You trade your style.

This is more or less the complete history of this account; not sure what happened to the first few entries though which seem to be missing. The only thing I have changed is the name of the file (slightly). I don't think there is any personal data there, but if anyone notices any, please tell the mods and they can delete the file! (I don't think the reference numbers mean anything to anyone outside the firms involved).

In practice I day-trade, although the ideal was always to find a trend and ride it. I do that in effect with multiple overlapping short trades. Initially, this was just to get money off the table to build up the account, but after a while, I began to prefer it like this.

I'd say it was about 20% "technical", 50% "fundamental",and 30% seat-of-pants or instinct or discretion or whatever you want to call it. I don't recommend anyone else trade this way. Trade your way. I'm not selling anything or offering any method or anything. Just rising to Tom's challenge, really, and, as I say, will probably regret it.

Having said all that, will the file actually upload....that is the question: OK, it seems to have done.

Thats a fantastic P & L - from a very quick look you've turned £ 361 into £ 9187 in about 3 months.....less transfers in of £ 2300 and transfers out of c. £ 1300 giving a nett increase of just under £ 8K or 2200% on starting balance in 3 months....am I reading that correctly ?

TD please confirm:

Do you, or do you not, generate income from either:

i) Trading advice
ii) Coaching

RSVP.

TD please confirm:

i) Trading advice
ii) Coaching

RSVP.

Ask me if I'll coach you or give you advice you and you'll get the answer.

In the meantime, I can tell you that I derive an income moonlighting as a disposable lighter repair man.

Last edited:
What a complete crock of ****e.........

I'm sure a lot of people will agree with you. They've got better things to do, like argue about religion.

As an idea, it's definetly got that beat.

Unless you don't make any money.

Oh.

Last edited:
I don't mind joining in with something like this. What I do want to know is how it will be considered verifiable, otherwise it just becomes a 'my dick is bigger than yours' type show.

To get a broker statement that is verifiable, shouldn't it also show some or all of the account number to show it isn't a simulated account ?

Also - I would humbly suggest that there may be some issues with showing total earnings. I for one trust my tax accountant absolutely. On the other hand, I would have to admit my tax situation is slightly, errrr... unusual. So I do err on the side of keeping schtum. Also - the fact I make more in a day than 'the natives' make in a month is also something that is a concern. I don't really want to have someone breaking into my house or kidnapping one of my kids. This is not because I am loaded - just that the locals are particularly poor !

So - if it was name, address, earnings etc. I just couldn't do it. Trouble is, if we do less than that - do we prove anything at all ?

I am sure there is something that could be provided to prove the point that needs to be proved but I can see a lot of hurdles over providing something that people can verify actually belongs to the member and is actual live trades.

Actually - can one of the multi-millionaires please bid more than $100 for that bloody horrible mirror.

It's less than a full tank of gas for your Ferrari you know !

TD please confirm:

i) Trading advice
ii) Coaching

RSVP.

I've no idea if that is a rumour or fact that he derives money from 'teaching' in any form... But if that were the case;
He'd get a vendors badge.

Which is basically a badge of pure shame.... I've always wanted one; but i can't make a bad enough system to sell it yet.

I'm under the impression that if you join T2W with the intention of just using it for social interaction the fact that you are a vendor of some sort or other is irrelevant if you stick to the site guidelines and don't use your membership for your own ends.

If however you are a vendor and you join T2W with this intention in mind, then that's a different matter...

Not P&L I'm afraid...

Tonight was a comedy club - one Brit and 2 Pretty good Canadians. By the time I got home from there, it was the lunchtime lull in NY.

So - I thought I'd power up 'old Bessie' and see if there was anything going on.

1 scratch trade & 1 fairly small trade - but lunchtime isn't very good for runners anyway.

attachment.php

I think bedtime is the order of the day - my son called during the comedy club interval - him and the missus got lost driving back from a party I'd dropped them off at earlier. Ths missus wasn't sure to turn left or right, so asked the kid. He's smart but he is 7. 100 metres after getting her to turn left onto a dual carriageway, he told her it was the wrong way and she had to u-turn - which she couldn't. Smart kid. ****ty timing. Anyway - by the sound of the phone call I got from the car (avec crying 3 month old), it is very clear I am in deep touble with him. Better be up bright & early in the morning.

Anyway - this post took a few minutes - guess I got out at the right time. Terribly late on the way in but then, that's where it was when I found it.

attachment.php

G'nite

Attachments

• Friday12thFeb2010.png
    Friday12thFeb2010.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • CSIQChart.jpg
    CSIQChart.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,166
I'm under the impression that if you join T2W with the intention of just using it for social interaction the fact that you are a vendor of some sort or other is irrelevant if you stick to the site guidelines and don't use your membership for your own ends.

If however you are a vendor and you join T2W with this intention in mind, then that's a different matter...

If you are a mentor (Who takes money); and you create a journal based on your trading ... Then it serves as a form of advertisement, whether they they lie about intentional advertisement or not.

OK - just thought I'd check the IB account. Pretty useless compared to TS.

First - it doesn't appear to show the trade time or date. Second, it doesn't show actual profit in cents - just position P&L.

So - we are left with this:

attachment.php

Not much info at all. I am sure it wouldn't stand up in court. Orders were entered this morning before I went to the comedy club - but it seems such details are far too trivial for IB to put on the page for some reason.

I need to read the TWS manual... :sleep:

Attachments

• IBFridayFeb12th.jpg
    IBFridayFeb12th.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,706
Status
Not open for further replies.