Post your Losing Strategies Here!

TRO has stated that the system is profitable using the mechanical rules he provided, it is not. The EA that North5 kindly provided proves that to be the case, so no arguments at all really.

The question that needs to be addressed is this:

is this method of benefit in helping new traders develop discretionary skills ?

The EA was NOT coded correctly.

Post the charts showing the EA working correctly.

The EA was NOT coded correctly.

Post the charts showing the EA working correctly.

In what way wasnt it coded correctly ?

Ive been trading the method manually, and its at best break even minus transaction costs as are most unmanaged random systems

Really. It wouldn't surprise me as I didn't put any real effort into testing/debugging.

Give me an idea of what it is doing wrong and I will have a look.

I thought you hadn't coded rule 7 correctly?

Did you fix it?

Post a chart showing today's trades.

I updated and posted that fix. As I explained when I offered to write it initially I'm can't really run it as I have two others I'm testing on my demo accounts. I can run it through the Strategy tester in a bit if that helps.

I updated and posted that fix. As I explained when I offered to write it initially I'm can't really run it as I have two others I'm testing on my demo accounts. I can run it through the Strategy tester in a bit if that helps.

I have a free account and am going to try set up a forward test. Going to do it right this minute...

no idea - you are still trying it with the Alpari demo I presume. I can try and fix it to work with their extra digit on those accounts if need be - but I doubt it will be tonight.

Too many charts of candles crossing horizontal lines......? :cheesy:
Richard

I think i'm going to give up on the horizontal strategy.

I've had a better idea of my own:

UKTradergirls NEVER LOSE AGAIN ALL YOU NEED TO TRADE IS A VERTICAL LINE

no idea - you are still trying it with the Alpari demo I presume. I can try and fix it to work with their extra digit on those accounts if need be - but I doubt it will be tonight.[/QUOTE

no don't worry North- i'll try it on another account that isn't Alpari. You've spent more than enough time doing this already- much appreciated!

I think i'm going to give up on the horizontal strategy.

I've had a better idea of my own:

Brilliant, I'm sure it'll work irrespective of direction....... :cheesy:
Richard

You know, I'm almost tempted to code this as an EA, just on the basis that with the same TP/SL combination It'll return pretty much the same distribution of gains and losses as TRO's horiontal line scam :LOL:

if you impliment this for gods sake make sure you pick the dates and times randomly or you might be in danger of coming up with something useful :LOL:

Scam? Please ZUPCON, give it a rest. Just because you're losing, don't call it a scam.

The only thing losing is an EA based on your rules, and since its only taken about 20 trades its far too early to comment !

I believe SFO did a study on moving average crossovers and showed that going with cross was a losing strategy and taking the opposite signal was a losing strategy, too.

Where SFO failed their readership was not showing the potential TP that could be had when the entry signal was triggered.

For example, if 5 pips could be won 90% of the time or better, then you could have a winning method. But let's NOT talking about winning in here. This is about losing!

The only thing losing is an EA based on your rules, and since its only taken about 20 trades its far too early to comment !

Would someone please post charts showing the performance of this EA?

How can you make a claim that something is losing when you don't post charts?

If I didn't post charts, you people would really be ranting!!

I believe SFO did a study on moving average crossovers and showed that going with cross was a losing strategy and taking the opposite signal was a losing strategy, too.

Where SFO failed their readership was not showing the potential TP that could be had when the entry signal was triggered.

For example, if 5 pips could be won 90% of the time or better, then you could have a winning method. But let's NOT talking about winning in here. This is about losing!

Moving average crossovers are good for catching massive trends- as you say the method didn't show the potential TP. A string of losses would not matter since the potential gains when catching a massive trend far outway the losses.

Where your comment regarding winning 5 pips 90% of the time comes in in relation to a moving average crossover is beyond me though.

I could if i wanted devise a strategy that takes 5 pips profit 99% of the time- easy. Coping with the drawdowns however is another thing entirely.