Post your Losing Strategies Here!

Markus- i've wasted no end of time trying to show TRO problems in his strategy- unfortunately he is mighty arrogant and will never get it (just check out the title: 'never lose again!'). He insists on posting his ideas all over the place but cannot take criticism about them.

You can't go posting everywhere and not expect people to comment. I post- i expect people to reply, either good, or bad- tear me apart if you wish, but if i'm not willing to accept this then i just won't post it. Hence before clicking the 'post thread' button to put yourself out there one always has to ask if you can cope with the worst should it come!

---

re. changing a losing strategy around by reversing it to make it a winning one. I know this does not necessarily work. I wasn't meaning to do this, or if i did it would be purely out of curiosity. I just thought it would be nice to have a collection of losing strategies since there are lots of threads out there asking what works, but none listing what doesn't. :LOL: I'm checking to see if i am unknowingly incorporating any losing ideas into my own strategy. Thankfully none of the ideas mentioned here are in my own way of trading as of yet!

Donna you're right all this doesn't make too much sense and I'm not sure at all if I get what exactly TRO's motives are.

That's life.

;)

I have posted M1 and M5 charts, too... a win is still a win and a loss is still a loss. The H1 charts show more winners than losers, it's that simple.
All you have to do is post a chart showing the loss. to prove your point. Yet, you don't.

If you insist on using the reward:risk ratio you've chosen, you'll always have more winners than losers, its hardly rocket science is it ? having "more winners than losers" is as you are very well aware a completely meaningless metric

Charts of losing trades could be posted, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

The system in its basic non discretionary format is a losing proposition, sure with a degree of discretion, its profitable, but so is practically anything else you care to mention.

2ajao9e.gif

Ok, we can post M1 charts with the H1 shadow in the background.

I still don't see any losers!!

INDICATORS ATTACHED SO ALL MAY PARTICIPATE.

Donna you're right all this doesn't make too much sense and I'm not sure at all if I get what exactly TRO's motives are.

That's life.

;)

Motives? What are you afraid of?

Either you want to use what I post or you don't. That's all there is to it.

2ajao9e.gif

Ok, we can post M1 charts with the H1 shadow in the background.

I still don't see any losers!!

INDICATORS ATTACHED SO ALL MAY PARTICIPATE.

Well now THAT is a move forward for those who want to seriously test this, as only this shows what comes next after entry next with price, your sl, or your tp.

And of course Norths EA.

If you insist on using the reward:risk ratio you've chosen, you'll always have more winners than losers, its hardly rocket science is it ? having "more winners than losers" is as you are very well aware a completely meaningless metric

Charts of losing trades could be posted, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

The system in its basic non discretionary format is a losing proposition, sure with a degree of discretion, its profitable, but so is practically anything else you care to mention.

I choose the risk/reward ratio just because SOME PEOPLE insist on having RULES LAID OUT FOR THEM. The R/R is against me yet, it can still win. I also said to trade every hour. That works against me, too. I have stacked the deck against me, yet the system is still holding it's own. It hasn't busted!

Just think how much you could make using this if you learned to SEE what PRICE is doing and that's the point.

Isn't is time to quit the mudslinging and flaming?

We can focus on price action because that's all that matters.

Either this trial proves to be a winner or not.

It's that simple.

Classic newbie.

Newbies have trouble with the concept of losing money.
They are focussed on the riches they can make and are frightened of losing.

So they come up with strategies where they win nearly all the time and hold on to any losers knowing most of them will become a winner too.

Rumpled one - you can't escape the inevitable.

Eventually it will happen.

Gloat all you want to. But eventually your system will fail because those 2-3 bad trades will eat up all your margin.

So; What is the pages and pages of arguments all about ? Just choose any system ( that must include the currently discussed system as well), use a degree of discretion and of you go.

[/U]

So; What is the pages and pages of arguments all about ? Just choose any system ( that must include the currently discussed system as well), use a degree of discretion and of you go.

That's funny.

With enough discretion you can get anything to work. I can define a strategy that is 100% mechanical and based on say, entering at moving average crosses. Add copious amounts of discretion- and hey presto- you can enter and exit at anytime you so choose.

Didn't I post rules for this challenge?

There's no discretion involved in the rules.

But, I guess I do owe UKtradergirl an apology for posting OFF TOPIC, this IS supposed to be about losing not winning.

I'll continue posting the challenge in the HORIZONTAL LINE THREAD.

That's funny.

With enough discretion you can get anything to work. I can define a strategy that is 100% mechanical and based on say, entering at moving average crosses. Add copious amounts of discretion- and hey presto- you can enter and exit at anytime you so choose.

Very bold statement. What is preventing you using enough discretion ? Don't you want your system to be profitable ?

I guess the point is it isn't or shouldn't really be about discretion...

either something works, or it doesn't, particularly when it's being marketed as mechanical.

Take some quant algo strategy...

There is no discretion involved whatsoever, the traders simply execute the trades that are the result of rigorous back- and forward testing, and that then is the driver-who-must-be-obeyed, that then is it with no ifs or buts.

Very bold statement. What is preventing you using enough discretion ? Don't you want your system to be profitable ?

Yeah sure- but as BSD said, if someone develops a 'system'- when looking at it you generally follow the system rules. To do otherwise would be to devalue and make pretty much useless the original system entirely.

[/U]

TRO has stated that the system is profitable using the mechanical rules he provided, it is not. The EA that North5 kindly provided proves that to be the case, so no arguments at all really.

The question that needs to be addressed is this:

is this method of benefit in helping new traders develop discretionary skills ?