please reccomend a good broker

well, i've found one which is called hantec markets, www.hantecfx.com which seems to offer NDD with no requotes. their spreads for eur/usd is 1.8 and they confirmed that they do not trade against the trader and do not act as market makers.

i will shortly be setting up live with them but on demo trading, its been seamless so far.

You posted about LMAX in another thread I believe. Despite the anti-Betfair comments in that thread, I'd think this was a serious option to consider, for anyone looking for a UK-based broker. I never had any problems with the Betfair-owned Tradefair (SB).

Did you ever get an answer to your tax question (or statement), BTW? I think you were incorrect in the way it was stated, but it's hard to get a really clear picture. I have some theories as to why, but I'll keep those to myself.

You posted about LMAX in another thread I believe. Despite the anti-Betfair comments in that thread, I'd think this was a serious option to consider, for anyone looking for a UK-based broker. I never had any problems with the Betfair-owned Tradefair (SB).

Did you ever get an answer to your tax question (or statement), BTW? I think you were incorrect in the way it was stated, but it's hard to get a really clear picture. I have some theories as to why, but I'll keep those to myself.

yes i did post aboutlax recently, i've used tradefair before for a flutter but found their service lackng as price movements were always quick when in a losing trade but slow when in a winning trade but thats just my experience.

i havent got any answers regarding tax as yet...maybe u could shed some light?

i havent got any answers regarding tax as yet...maybe u could shed some light?

I'd prefer not to for the time being. Still doing my own research.
Also maybe this isn't the most appropriate part of the forum.
But you might have a good search of T2W and elsewhere to find out what you can.
Perhaps we'll compare notes in another thread, on another occasion.

I will add that I'm not surprised that you've not got any answers though.

I'd prefer not to for the time being. Still doing my own research.
Also maybe this isn't the most appropriate part of the forum.
But you might have a good search of T2W and elsewhere to find out what you can.
Perhaps we'll compare notes in another thread, on another occasion.

I will add that I'm not surprised that you've not got any answers though.

i think the answer is here
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/19756-forex-uk-tax-regulation.html

why are you not surprised tho?or maybe i shouldnt ask...!

i think the answer is here
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/19756-forex-uk-tax-regulation.html

why are you not surprised tho?or maybe i shouldnt ask...!

That thread is only a partial answer though isn't it. Notice that Glyder's question from Feb 6 or so didn't get answered. In the past I've found several threads like that that fizzled out.

Why am I not surprised? Well, partly I think because the answer can be complicated and depends a lot on individual circumstances which can vary a lot. Partly because people are a bit wary about giving too much information away in public, which might give away more information about themselves than they would like. I have other thoughts about it, but those will do.

That thread is only a partial answer though isn't it. Notice that Glyder's question from Feb 6 or so didn't get answered. In the past I've found several threads like that that fizzled out.

Why am I not surprised? Well, partly I think because the answer can be complicated and depends a lot on individual circumstances which can vary a lot. Partly because people are a bit wary about giving too much information away in public, which might give away more information about themselves than they would like. I have other thoughts about it, but those will do.

yeah i guess that you're right. everyone's tax circumstances are their own and private so definitely shouldnt be aired on a public forum as such.

nonetheless, back to the original topic, are there any good brokers out there that provide ECN thats uk based?

Currently using Alpari demo and live accounts. Only difference I notices is that the live account dont encourage scalping like you can do on demo accounts. However I my robots stopped placing trades and I have not been able to get them to trade since I checked my MT4 settings and they are fine. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Any thoughts on Pro Spreads ?

DMA & Level 2 access !

Looks good but I would like some feedback from active users please

Last edited:
Re: Essentials Of 'First Steps'

Hi everyone
Really new to this. Can you suggest a good broker in UK?

I'm also UK based and after a UK based stp/ndd broker, I found One Financial Markets, they are UK based DMA, have mt4 and are regulated by the FSA. The minimum account size for DMA fx is $10k.

http://www.onefinancialmarkets.com/dma-fx/

Trouble is no one seems to have heard of them so there are next to no reviews out there...anyone used them here?

I'm also UK based and after a UK based stp/ndd broker, I found One Financial Markets, they are UK based DMA, have mt4 and are regulated by the FSA. The minimum account size for DMA fx is $10k.

http://www.onefinancialmarkets.com/dma-fx/

Trouble is no one seems to have heard of them so there are next to no reviews out there...anyone used them here?

Hi everyone
Really new to this. Can you suggest a good broker in UK?

I searched tons and I like MT4 platforms.

I settled on http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Index.aspx

They are not STP/ECN but are FSA regulated

I tested a lot of MT4 brokers and found only SLM kept to the ECN price with No Commissions.

If you do want STP/ECN then I found http://www.hotforex.com/
as the best deal for STP/ECN No Commissions but I was put off being off shore.

I tested a ton of platforms and in my view they are my top two.

Always remember to Demo a new platform before going LIVE :smart:

divisa capital seem to be very good,
they use currenex Viking
it has nice charting,
has been in the buisness since 1991,
keeps segregated acounts.
and they are Direct Market Access,
so you will be trading directly with the banks,
leverage 1:100. comission based, variable spread
I think the deposit is 1000,
in the demo, execution is milliseconds
will sign up with them soon

List of ECN brokers

divisa capital seem to be very good,
they use currenex Viking
it has nice charting,
has been in the buisness since 1991,
keeps segregated acounts.
and they are Direct Market Access,
so you will be trading directly with the banks,
leverage 1:100. comission based, variable spread
I think the deposit is 1000,
in the demo, execution is milliseconds
will sign up with them soon

Hi chrisbliss,

I can't recommend you a broker but I have found a list of ECN brokers. Can be useful at least to check the different websites.

http://www.100forexbrokers.com/stp-ecn-brokers

Good research (y)

i have been using hotforex very satisfy with their service...the system also consider stable..never freeze while you trade..payment also no problem...so i highly recommend to my frds..now they having 50% withdraw bonus..

50% Withdraw Bonus

This Bonus Program is intended to increase the trading volume of the Customer’s Accounts. If all requirements of this Trading Bonus program are met, the bonus sum placed in your account can be withdrawn without any limitations or restrictions.

Under this bonus policy the bonus cannot be lost and cannot be used for trading before the Volume requirements are met. The volume requirement is one standard lot traded per $1 of bonus.

Benefits:

a. Can be used as increased Leverage
b. If volume requirements are met bonus can be withdrawn
c. Relaxed Time Limit for completing Volume Requirements. This encourages prudent trading
d. Effectively makes the stop out level on original balance as zero

Im getting secound doubt about Dukascopy,
some traders over at FF complain over gaps is the charting software
which aparantly have been going on for quite some time without them being
able to fix the issue,
and, directly after signing up for the demo
I got contacted via email
as they would be in a hurry to get my money,
and only 14 day demo,
also, asking what kind of trader I was?
professional or just begining?
thats great and fast support but
that makes me wonder,
it is exactly those question I would ask
if I had a conflict of interest,
hmm, lets see, do we put him with the winners or
can we hedge all his positions and keep them in house?
are they really ECN without conflict of interest?
Alpari did the same,
and everyone knows they are a bucketshop. LOL

anyone got any good recommendations?

i need DAX & USDCHF in MT4 dont care if its CFDS spreadbetting or whatever UK based ideally...

ive really done my research but im just lost now. There just doesn't appear to be anyone trustworthy enough to part my hard earned cash with.

unless you have a 50k account its just bucket shops?

Hi! I've been happy with my broker, finfx.fi My EAs work really well with them and customer service is great. I suggest signing up through cashbackforex.com so you can also enjoy rebates from your trades.

I just found a rather interesting broker
Aurora-fx made for traders by traders,
anyone heard about them?
I don't know about their regulation
can't find it on their site,
they claim they don't trade against you