Please read if you trade off a 1 minute FX chart

You are totally right. People trading off 1 min charts are too slow. I prefer the 1 Sec charts. I can be in and out faster than anyone. I almost never recover money from the spread though.

Really there is nothing I can add to this.

You are totally right. People trading off 1 min charts are too slow. I prefer the 1 Sec charts. I can be in and out faster than anyone. I almost never recover money from the spread though.

That made me laugh for a full minute. Thanks for the sarcasm.:LOL:

What is zero spread?

broker twowayspreads.They are great,100% honest.

trade eur AU dax FSTE these 4 market are suffice to make good pips per day.I do trade brent and gold with them too,good spreads for them markets 3 and 4 pips.

Trading with zero spread is a home ATM machine.They hedge the trades.Get a good day system:clap:

yes it is right.

Do you work for them goose?(y)

How long does it take for you to open and close a trade with the multiple click, enter size, confirm, ,blah ,blah, blah???

edit. Just had a look on the two way spreads web and can only find low spreads for accounts sizes of 50 large+
Can you point out the zero spreads section as I just can't seem to find it! Worldspread still offer zero though, bit strange as they are part of the same outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you work for them goose?(y)

How long does it take for you to open and close a trade with the multiple click, enter size, confirm, ,blah ,blah, blah???

edit. Just had a look on the two way spreads web and can only find low spreads for accounts sizes of 50 large+
Can you point out the zero spreads section as I just can't seem to find it! Worldspread still offer zero though, bit strange as they are part of the same outfit.

you guys win.Good luck.and happy pippin.

Attachments

• 2011-09-23+sep.png
    2011-09-23+sep.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 233
type platinum account twoway spreads on google you will find it.

Only criticism i have is price has to be 5 pips away to put pending order.Not a major problem.They are an amazing broker to be honest.

type platinum account twoway spreads on google you will find it.

Only criticism i have is price has to be 5 pips away to put pending order.Not a major problem.They are an amazing broker to be honest.

Thank you.(y)

Strange...on their home page when you go through account types it only lists; active,credit and diamond with min 50k deposit with 0.5 spreads on ten markets wiht no mention of a platinum acc., yet doing as you suggest takes me directly to the platinum account with a 5k min deposit and zero spreads. Hmmm...

1m charts can be useful in automation, depending on what is being traded. FX majors can be fine. The whole trick is to put it into the reward parameters of the higher timeframe, but with the risk of the lower timeframe. Then reward : risk can be skewed enormously... which makes me a laughingstock?
i imagine the original meaning was for the people who ONLY use 1m chart, feverishly jumping in and out, right..?

All micro-timeframe advocates in this threat don't understand what it's all about. It's not that the 1min is noisy and maybe you can even get over the perverse spread ratio you get with your scalps. The big problem which one already stated is, that the trading plan is flawed and holds tremendous risk. You wan't to make a living out of 5 pip scalps? Then you better make the trade high leveraged? You say you limit your risk to 2% based on a certain "x"-amount of pips? You better be aware of price jumps like 300-500 pips PER MINUTE (like in eur/jpy) these days (with a 20pip SL & 2% risk rule you loose 30-50% of your account). And don't expect that your order will get filled at the SL price, fool!

IT just needs to happen once in your lifetime as a trader and you're out. Your plan is flawed. GET THAT!

trading only Lower OR Higher Timeframe is missing the best, imo

you can enter with the tighter stop loss of the Lower Timeframe, but hold for Higher Timeframe targets. Best of both worlds..

in addition to those swift central bank intervention moves, certain parirs have shown large gaps, i think i recall seeing 100 pip intraday gap in GBPCAD... trading is risky, be aware, manage to the best of your ability

trading only Lower OR Higher Timeframe is missing the best, imo

you can enter with the tighter stop loss of the Lower Timeframe, but hold for Higher Timeframe targets. Best of both worlds..

in addition to those swift central bank intervention moves, certain parirs have shown large gaps, i think i recall seeing 100 pip intraday gap in GBPCAD... trading is risky, be aware, manage to the best of your ability
as long as your position size is not based on the lower TF risk, you'll be fine. But I doubt you'll be profitable on a real account. Everyone goes through this stage and it sounds perfect in theory, but in practive you'll get washed like hell...

maybe in practice you got washed like hell ~ There are people doing this. LBR advocates it, for example.

I've been cut up getting in PRIOR TO the LTF turn coinciding with HTF pattern -> i'll give out a gem here -> the key is to wait for confirmation on an intermediate TF. For example, my pattern on 1hr, HeikinAshi or DMI on a say 15m confirms the turn i'm expecting ->> Then, enter on 1m, etc

That way you can keep the LTF risk parameters. you of course need a way to do it in actuality. such things do exist

All micro-timeframe advocates in this threat don't understand what it's all about. It's not that the 1min is noisy and maybe you can even get over the perverse spread ratio you get with your scalps. The big problem which one already stated is, that the trading plan is flawed and holds tremendous risk. You wan't to make a living out of 5 pip scalps? Then you better make the trade high leveraged? You say you limit your risk to 2% based on a certain "x"-amount of pips? You better be aware of price jumps like 300-500 pips PER MINUTE (like in eur/jpy) these days (with a 20pip SL & 2% risk rule you loose 30-50% of your account). And don't expect that your order will get filled at the SL price, fool!

IT just needs to happen once in your lifetime as a trader and you're out. Your plan is flawed. GET THAT!

LOL, it doesn't really work like that. Most serious LTF traders trade full time to earn a living, therefore we will regularly take out our profits on a weekly or monthly basis. I don't have a huge account as I only keep enough in it to trade at £20 per point - I know this might be considered small but I'm comfortable with it and makes me a very good living.

I've been trading about 9 years and have been a full-time trader for 7. Only once in all that time have I been caught for a big (80 point) slip, 30 of which was already profit so I only really lost 50 points. As I trade at 1% of my account off an average 6 point stop loss I lost less than 10% of my account - not nice when it happens, but no big deal.

I've never seen the market move 300 points in one minute, and I've spent 1,000's of screen hours, but if it did, my account would suffer, but I can assure you my last penny isn't in my account, I could and would stick another £12,000 in. I treat trading as a business and manage risk in accordance with good business practice.

As for trading off 1 minute charts it's fine if you trade at the right time, I will only trade when I determine it is overbought or oversold. When it is that, you know the market is moving - if the market is moving you can make money. Just because a market is overbought it isn't a given it will reverse, a market can stay overbought all day, so you just need to follow it. Most people can't trade small time frames because you need tight stops, the tighter the stop the better the entry has to be, this is where most fail and why they then say it is impossible to trade 1M charts.